• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ignorance is strong. Nothing's confirmed yet.

Strange timing if true, he has actually finally started to show some results after a pretty big slump. Then again with how over crowded the Korean scene is i expect we will see more retirements, there are simply too many players around.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hopped on BW single player... been playing for 7 hours now. Can't believe how good this shit is.

danielcw

Hopped on BW single player... been playing for 7 hours now. Can't believe how good this shit is.

I was trying to get into the SC1 campaign again, but it was lacking all of the control options I got used to. no drag scroll
The custom campaign for sc2 is nice though

Wunder

Didn't see that part, but have to say it was really great to see Tyler in such high spirits. Haven't seen him looking that good/happy well, ever.

Yeah! He said his stream is a lot better/happier now than it was before when he would sometimes get really angry after a loss or ignore his chat or just be sad in general. Looking forward to tuning in the next time I see him stream.

Yoshichan

Finished terran and zerg campaign (BW) last night... Time to derp myself through toss (jk, toss in BW is actually hard).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MKP... retiring... where did this come from...?

hM1Xwli.png

SamuraiX-

Parting just rolled Inno in WCG Ro4

I think the bigger story coming out of those qualifiers is Sora.

Look at this kid, wtf. He qualified for WCG 2013 by 2-0'ing EVERYONE. Guys like FanTaSy, Shine, Bomber, Curious, GuMiho and Soulkey. I really want to see those matches. Has this guy completely revolutionized the metagame or something?

He plays for CJ Entus but I've never heard of him before and he has no results extending before these qualifiers and the 2013 GSL/WCS seasons, where he performed pretty poorly.

Something tells me we'll be seeing this guy a lot more in the upcoming Proleague season.

Also, 3rd place deciding match of INnoVation vs Soulkey to see who get's the last qualifier spot. Man, these guys just keep facing each other. lol

I want that DRG - MMA rivalry to be reborn. They had such amazing matches all the time in WoL.

Yeah, I'm just happy to see DRG revitalized. I'm pretty sure most people counted him as down and out.

NNNOOOOO Dream vs ForGG TvT to start it. ;_;

TvT is Dream's worst matchup... Let's see if he's been practicing, I guess. :-/

Love these info graphics:
QkOPLal.png
PNAAUR1.png

Yoshichan

Finished SC1 campaign... good lord, soooo good.

esj3hls.png

Aaron

3rd game as fairly close too. With a few better engagements, he could have won.

Mines are so tough for zergs on top of everything else. Does feel unfair.

V_Arnold

3rd game as fairly close too. With a few better engagements, he could have won.

Mines are so tough for zergs on top of everything else. Does feel unfair.

*channeling any random Terran-gaffer*

NO, mines represent the black void of skill gap between the mine-using Terran's genius and the mediocre micro of the Zerg player. Therefore, they are a fair punishment, zergs just need to never lose focus, EVER, unless they want to die.

SamuraiX-

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!

I missed not one, but TWO Dream TvZs!?!? :O Need dem VODs nao

How did Bly end up taking him down? Some crazy all-in?

MMA vs DRG comin' up. awww yeeeeaaaah

Edit: MMA, wtf are you doing. You suck at cheeses. Take a hint.

gg to DRG

*channeling any random Terran-gaffer*

NO, mines represent the black void of skill gap between the mine-using Terran's genius and the mediocre micro of the Zerg player. Therefore, they are a fair punishment, zergs just need to never lose focus, EVER, unless they want to die.

Or, you know, just don't 1-A your Lings/Banes/Mutas all over the map and have an Overseer with your army.

They're really not hard to deal with. Even the sub-elite Zerg players have figured them out. Only the WoL era Zergs that just want to box units and 1-A everything are complaining because they can't adapt.

V_Arnold

Or, you know, just don't 1-A your Lings/Banes/Mutas all over the map and have an Overseer with your army.

They're really not hard to deal with. Even the sub-elite Zerg players have figured them out. Only the WoL era Zergs that just want to box units and 1-A everything are complaining because they can't adapt.

Yeah, so you are saying "I am not saying they suck, but they suck".

Sorry, but Scarlett is not any WoL-era zerg. She did not 1-a her mutas/lings/banes, just as the example showed.

Paches

Zerg just mad that they have to do something akin to marine splitting that Terrans have had to do since the beginning of time.

SamuraiX-

Yeah, so you are saying "I am not saying they suck, but they suck".

Sorry, but Scarlett is not any WoL-era zerg. She did not 1-a her mutas/lings/banes, just as the example showed.

I didn't get to watch the game, but my guess is that Scarlett tried to force the engagements when Dream was in an established position. The same way when a Terran has Siege Tanks, you can't attack into a MMM army if they've already set up in an area with burrowed Widow Mines. You have to wait for an unsiege/unburrow before you can force an engagement. If the army is approaching your base, the same with Siege Tanks, you better not just allow your opponent to freely set up a contain otherwise you're screwed just the same.

Aaron

Zerg just mad that they have to do something akin to marine splitting that Terrans have had to do since the beginning of time.
It's marine splitting against banes that are invisible and regenerate.

Dream fell to early zergling / roach pressure by leaving his wall down.

V_Arnold

I didn't get to watch the game, but my guess is that Scarlett tried to force the engagements when Dream was in an established position..

Nope, that is not what happened at all, which is why theorycrafting is only fun if you have actually seen the problem :p

Dream just kept dropping, and when Scarlett moved back with her main army, through her own creep (while being dropped at 3 different bases at the same time), widow mines were placed between her army's way and between where the drops were doing damage.

That is one level beyond absurd. And Dream was not ahead up till that point, but autodrops+mines win games :p

SamuraiX-

Nope, that is not what happened at all, which is why theorycrafting is only fun if you have actually seen the problem :p

Dream just kept dropping, and when Scarlett moved back with her main army, through her own creep (while being dropped at 3 different bases at the same time), widow mines were placed between her army's way and between where the drops were doing damage.

That is one level beyond absurd. And Dream was not ahead up till that point, but autodrops+mines win games :p

Invest in Spores and Spines and you don't have that problem.

Then again, it's hard to blame Scarlett. Dream has probably Top 5 TvZ in the world right now. His constant, unwavering multitasking in the matchup is just godly and probably the best in the game right now.

SamuraiX-

how many qualify to WCG?

Whiplash and MonteCristo don't know what they're talking about, I think.

PartinG and Sora both already qualify. I think they only did this final for show.

The third and final qualifier spot goes to the winner of INnoVation vs Soulkey. It really is fate that these two ended up against each other again. Let's see if Soulkey can at least take a game off INno this time.

Edit: Whiplash's hair looks so much more respectable now.

c2bw99U.png

That mohawk that he was trying to rock before just looked ridiculous.

Top Bottom