• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Exercise is going well (three times a week) and I can now play like 2 games of SC2 without my fingers/wrist hurting. Improvement!

Also, can someone explain to me why I can play 6-7+ hours of BW without any issues, but as soon as it's SC2, it starts to hurt?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Also, can someone explain to me why I can play 6-7+ hours of BW without any issues, but as soon as it's SC2, it starts to hurt?

0IbwH.gif

V_Arnold

Exercise is going well (three times a week) and I can now play like 2 games of SC2 without my fingers/wrist hurting. Improvement!

You need to be more precise for SC2. Effective resolution of BW is 640*480, SCII is at least 3 times bigger than that. You can misclick more easily.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You need to be more precise for SC2. Effective resolution of BW is 640*480, SCII is at least 3 times bigger than that. You can misclick more easily.
This does make sense, I think...

SamuraiX-

Dream's insane macro and multitasking on full display against Scarlett right now.

He's been behind almost the whole game and he just doesn't let off the gas on the map pressure and drop play.

SamuraiX-

Infestors seem as powerful as ever, why have they fallen out of favour with the pro-Zerg meta game?

At the highest level, it's now way too easy to dodge the fungals ever since they became projectiles. Some players were already decent at avoiding them when they were instantaneous. You could probably still play WoL style Zerg on the ladder but pro players quickly realized that Infestors can't bail them out like they used to.

You still see them incorporated into Zerg armies, but they're an afterthought most of the time instead of a core component. Usually when the Zerg player doesn't know what to do with their gas.

SamuraiX-

Dream wins a TvT! All-kill incoming.

Nerchio has no chance.

Team Acer's only hope is bringing MMA back for the ace match.

Edit: Damn it, Dream. Getting way too cocky.

I think he still has a chance, but that multitasking of his is gonna need to go into overdrive now.

Nope. Never mind.

peakish

At the highest level, it's now way too easy to dodge the fungals ever since they became projectiles. Some players were already decent at avoiding them when they were instantaneous. You could probably still play WoL style Zerg on the ladder but pro players quickly realized that Infestors can't bail them out like they used to.

You still see them incorporated into Zerg armies, but they're an afterthought most of the time instead of a core component. Usually when the Zerg player doesn't know what to do with their gas.
Fair answer, I totally forgot that fungal used to be insta >_> I've been thinking that fungals should be a good answer to marine armies retreating over mine fields but if they can't be landed properly then...

SamuraiX-

MMA and Scarlett just rock-paper-scissor'd to decide who gets the honor of getting stomped by Super and letting MVP win the finals.

V_Arnold

This does make sense, I think...

Plus.....stress levels might differ, and that make your body (especially the muscles controlling your hand movement) tense. Constantly experiencing that is what causes long-term issues in the first place. Compare that to the insane rush of rose-tinted nostalgia (aka happiness) in your body, that has the opposite effect.

Yoshichan

Interview with Flash. The whole interview is good but I took some important bits:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426074#1

Q: Do you know that people call you God?

Flash: I have good result in BW. I win lots of championships, so I was called "God Young-Ho". But after transition to SC2, I am not there yet. So calling me "Commoner Young-Ho" is more fitting now.

Q: You are supposed to be in the university with young people with the same age. Do you regret being a progamer?

Flash: Of course I envy the college student. You can have people introducing girlfriend to you if going to college. I envy dating a girlfriend. There are times I want to have a girlfriend. When my friends all go to meet girlfriends, I am very envious. Being a progamer doesn't give you too much time. When there are several tournaments, you don't even have enough time to practice. Even after the end of the tournament, I don't know want to do. There was a week-long vocation since August 5. But I was in the training room for 2 days. I am not a person who knows how to go out and have fun.

Q: Terran is the strongest race in BW. But Protoss is stronger in SC2. Have you thought about changing race?

Flash: I am still regretting about that even to today. When I first played SC2, I was already thinking that Protoss is really good. Even now I still think that. The management of SC2’s Protoss is exactly the same as BW’s Terran. First, you defend, then you produce your composition, and then move out. The most urgent thing about SC2’s Terran is to ameliorate mech. In BW, going bio or going mech is a choice and will make your opponent guessing and confused. But now SC2 is 100% bio, so you can’t play mind game and you don’t have strategic choice.

Source: http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=6470548&page=1&rand=950

Yoshichan

Can't go wrong with the most popular online game of all time

SamuraiX-

Jim unable to Attend Season 2 finals, visa issues

What a load of shit.

Now aLive takes this spot. Stupid. aLive is currently 7th on the WCS rankings and now he gets more free points. If that clown makes it to the WCS Grand Finals at Blizzcon over guys like ForGG, Bomber, MMA, LucifroN, Flash, etc. then the system is broken. aLive wouldn't even smell the Top 50 if he was playing in Korea.

Mairu

Jim unable to Attend Season 2 finals, visa issues

What a load of shit.

Now aLive takes this spot. Stupid. aLive is currently 7th on the WCS rankings and now he gets more free points. If that clown makes it to the WCS Grand Finals at Blizzcon over guys like ForGG, Bomber, MMA, LucifroN, Flash, etc. then the system is broken. aLive wouldn't even smell the Top 50 if he was playing in Korea.

He probably will

It's unfortunate that such a boring player will end up at Blizzcon. I look forward to seeing what Blizzard will do with WCS 2014 considering the issues this year.

Chris R

Should I stick with Protoss if I hate sentries? I never get them and do decently without them, but I'm going to try and play a bunch the rest of this month and try to see if I can't get to gold again...

Yoshichan

Practice sentries till you get good with'em.

Also, I just finished toss and terran BW campaign... Zerg left. Terran final mission was hard as living hells, good lord.

Yoshichan

Wow, I love these first person videos - but never knew he'd do one with Flash! Everyone, check this shit out. This is what I've been wanting to see for ages... now if we could only get Flash to stream his games sooner... I can't wait!

edit: Wow. He's actually pressing M for marines :lol

Yoshichan

^ Nice attention to detail. That's pretty awesome. Old habits truly do die hard. :p
Yeah it must be crazy hard to adapt after so many years... heck, I've played BW 4-5 hours a day for a week now and yesterday I couldn't play SC2 for shit because of the hotkeys. Probes and pylons on E? Shieeeeeet ._.

fanboi

Banned
Yeah it must be crazy hard to adapt after so many years... heck, I've played BW 4-5 hours a day for a week now and yesterday I couldn't play SC2 for shit because of the hotkeys. Probes and pylons on E? Shieeeeeet ._.

You have never been able to play SC2 for shit.

... and that covers my Yoshi harassment for today! <3

Yoshichan

,_, And here I was, thinking you would at least say "Wait, you play Protoss?!" :(

Yoshichan

My mom can play protoss

I'm not even joking

She made zealots until I told her to A click on the red dots (minimap)

Minutes later, she had won against this bronze terran

toss is ez

Interview with Flash. The whole interview is good but I took some important bits:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426074#1

Q: Do you know that people call you God?

Flash: I have good result in BW. I win lots of championships, so I was called "God Young-Ho". But after transition to SC2, I am not there yet. So calling me "Commoner Young-Ho" is more fitting now.

Q: You are supposed to be in the university with young people with the same age. Do you regret being a progamer?

Flash: Of course I envy the college student. You can have people introducing girlfriend to you if going to college. I envy dating a girlfriend. There are times I want to have a girlfriend. When my friends all go to meet girlfriends, I am very envious. Being a progamer doesn't give you too much time. When there are several tournaments, you don't even have enough time to practice. Even after the end of the tournament, I don't know want to do. There was a week-long vocation since August 5. But I was in the training room for 2 days. I am not a person who knows how to go out and have fun.

Q: Terran is the strongest race in BW. But Protoss is stronger in SC2. Have you thought about changing race?

Flash: I am still regretting about that even to today. When I first played SC2, I was already thinking that Protoss is really good. Even now I still think that. The management of SC2’s Protoss is exactly the same as BW’s Terran. First, you defend, then you produce your composition, and then move out. The most urgent thing about SC2’s Terran is to ameliorate mech. In BW, going bio or going mech is a choice and will make your opponent guessing and confused. But now SC2 is 100% bio, so you can’t play mind game and you don’t have strategic choice.

Source: http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=6470548&page=1&rand=950

I agree about the mech play that's for sure. In general it's kind of disheartening to read the thoughts of players like Flash. Essentially it sounds like they are more stuck with the game rather than playing it by choice. It must be a little difficult now that the SC2 scene has become so small whilst the LoL scene is exploding.

Boken

Banned
I agree about the mech play that's for sure. In general it's kind of disheartening to read the thoughts of players like Flash. Essentially it sounds like they are more stuck with the game rather than playing it by choice. It must be a little difficult now that the SC2 scene has become so small whilst the LoL scene is exploding.
The interview makes me feel a little sorry for the guy

Yoshichan

Why should he have PMed it to you? I wanted to see it too, and now I'm subscribed to Khaldor ._.

Top Bottom