• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

76d6rJn.png

http://www.gomtv.net/event/GSL3YearAnniversaryEvent.gom

Have you given any thought to trying out some changes with the map editor? Most of the things you mention can be implemented without advanced knowledge. I mean I know it would never go and replace SCII or anything but it would be an interesting experiment. That recent imba league where they halved all damage didn't work flawlessly but it's a good idea.

I'm terrible with map makers and the like but my brothers pretty good, i'm thinking about doing it just for us to muck around with.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Watching the documentary and saw this... oh Brood War :lol

Vj8uK81.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it, Korea... :(

e5Wi2fo.png

XeJdkjC.png

4qia3Za.png

Aylinato

So I have completely given up building colosi. I am now zealot/sentry/stalker/air toss

O! It's GAF night! Remember to show up! We r going to be doing IMBA league as promoted by Husky

Zen

Banned
I remember when a friend and I seriously tried to play SC64. it was so hard because it took forever to even build a spine crawler. Didn't it have a split screen mode for 2 player?

I remember when a friend and I seriously tried to play SC64. it was so hard because it took forever to even build a spine crawler. Didn't it have a split screen mode for 2 player?

Yep, not like anyone would look at the other players screen lol. Hey on the bright side it let you have 18 units per control group instead of 12, that makes up for not having a mouse and keyboard!

Yoshichan

it's already better than Wings of liberty and heart of the Swarms stories combined.

ESSENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yoshichan

Admit it profit, you're that terran!

Yoshichan

DAAAMN! Jealous! Record footage and upload it on Youtube!

Yoshichan

What's your APM?
I heard once that Flash multitasked two players at once (splitscreen) and won against two AIs. His APM reached some high next-level shit!

Aylinato

My win streak with Terran has been broken! It only took blizzard pinning me with 3 allies who built nothing(and whenever they did build anything they could go suicide their armies).

First game of losing my record was where my allies kept complaining I wasn't doing anything(I had 3 bases to their 1 base) and I had held off 2 armies with tanks to protect myself.

2nd game was worse. My allies had extra bases but didn't build any army and then were surprised to get beat by all air opponents(I should have gotten Vikings out sooner, but it really didn't matter if I did anything)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What's your APM?

It's not TOO bad.

My only issue at the moment is I haven't worked out control groups.

The camera has a nifty feature where by you can store 4 camera defaults on the dpad, so I set one to my base, one to the enemy base, and 2 to strategic locations. R trigger also selects all units on screen, good for armies.

and building things is quick as. with the C buttons.

selecting an individual SCV / prob is difficult though :(

Aylinato

It's not TOO bad.

My only issue at the moment is I haven't worked out control groups.

The camera has a nifty feature where by you can store 4 camera defaults on the dpad, so I set one to my base, one to the enemy base, and 2 to strategic locations. R trigger also selects all units on screen, good for armies.

and building things is quick as. with the C buttons.

selecting an individual SCV / prob is difficult though :(

just be zerg and 4pool

Yoshichan

What the FUCK happened to Youtube? Another change in design... :( Whatever.

The Start of Starcraft - This is eSports Ep. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVSOYZW7oDg

Footage of David Kim inside btw, so if you can't stand his face, don't click!

Aylinato

Redbull tournaments still basically day9 tournaments?

I enjoy his fun day mondays

TEAM GAME FRIDAYS!!!!!!!

fuck yeah promoted to diamond 4v4 again. Masters 4v4 here I come again!!!!

my record for 4v4 is 52 wins to 28 loses

I got promoted by 10p with my allies. mauhahahahahahahhahahaha

where is everyone today?

J2d

Hope everything worked out for you yoshi. The closest I've been to homeless was when my dad kicked me out when I visited him this summer,and that was only one day I had to sort out since I had some money.

peakish

Today I'm going to pat myself on the back for some stellar macro. Plus not noticing this gigantic army approaching on the minimap.

Notes from this game: Build third CC as early as possible if I don't scout an attack, get dem gases and pump out some siege tanks in addition to bio mine. Try to watch the minimap more than once per minute game.

Zen

Banned
Hey I have a question, there's an SCII caster that's British, he has red hair... Anyway I think he does a stellar job of building hype in between matches, he will purposefully describe players in terms of styles, strengths, and how they clash. "Can he overcome player Xs _________?" He'll then go into who he could possibly do it and adds a lot of tension and anticipation to the proceedings.

I feel like way too many casters just 'call it' in between games to the determent of the excitement, even worse when they preemptively reveal if a player will scout a proxy via queued waypoints.

Am I thinking about Apollo? Or someone else. I realize this post sounded absolutely retarded, but it's late.

SamuraiX-

Hey I have a question, there's an SCII caster that's British, he has red hair... Anyway I think he does a stellar job of building hype in between matches, he will purposefully describe players in terms of styles, strengths, and how they clash. "Can he overcome player Xs _________?" He'll then go into who he could possibly do it and adds a lot of tension and anticipation to the proceedings.

I feel like way too many casters just 'call it' in between games to the determent of the excitement, even worse when they preemptively reveal if a player will scout a proxy via queued waypoints.

Am I thinking about Apollo? Or someone else. I realize this post sounded absolutely retarded, but it's late.

Sounds like either Apollo or Kaelaris.

Aylinato

Today was a bad day in teams. I also seem to be gas starved extremely early game with Protoss which means death always follows

Also holy crap everyone goes DTs now, what is this madness

Yoshichan

Just wanted to say, thank you SC2GAF for being there for me when I needed it the most! You (and SWEGAF) are the best <3!!!

Top Bottom