• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah that would've been great, but work ruins things... You lived in Stockholm?

Work is over... Time to start surviving again ._. At least it's Monday and all the shops are open for another 3 hours!

SamuraiX-

Yoshi, hang in there, man! I hope things get better soon. :)

INno just lost to Ryung and Heart in ATC S2. Looks like those Axiom-Acer practice sessions in the GSTL have betrayed him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did you ask to stay at the office?
My boss is a complete utter idiot and we don't get along so :(... Thankfully, this night will be easier to handle because it's warmer... Thanks guys, love you all.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Any tips you guys recommend for a relatively new-comer?

I really liked Starcraft 1 back in the day, and saw that Starcraft 2 hit $20 so I decided to pick it up.

Any advice is welcome!

SamuraiX-

Oh God, Yoshi's avatar... somebody please tell me a mod did that.

Any tips you guys recommend for a relatively new-comer?

I really liked Starcraft 1 back in the day, and saw that Starcraft 2 hit $20 so I decided to pick it up.

Any advice is welcome!

Welcome! :)

Good luck on the ladder! First just play to have fun and to get used to the mechanics. If you get frustrated or feel like you're stuck and not improving then come back here for help!

Got promoted to silver when the guy I was against left early. Then took 3 tries before I beat someone in silver. My strat against Terran now is just straight to banelings and go for their wall as soon as I hit 10-12 banelings, then constant zergling/baneling attacks. Also have gotten my APM more consistently around 70 now.

Yoshichan

Library time! :3

SamuraiX, nope - it's all my choice. It looks really bad on dark theme GAF though. I'm switching back to my original avatar soon enough :)

Zen

Banned
Go rot in hell protoss. II can';t believe how badly Blizzard fucked up the game with them. At least they're fun to play as

/RAGGGEEEEEE

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
protoss is the reason why sc2 is unpopular in korea

EAwdk.gif

Yoshichan

day1 o_o

Jesus Christ is it cold today... thankfully I'm at work right now, I'm typing this with gloves on :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Why did I just bid on starcraft 64 on ebay.

I don't have that kind of money to throw about.. ok maybe i do.. but... i..

;_;

HolyCheck

StarCraft 64 was planned to be released in Europe in fall 2000 but was finally cancelled. The PAL version was released only in Australia.

I mean really guys, it's an investment right.

RIGHT.

$700...

Zen

Banned
AND YOU OPENED IT?

Yes let the hate flow thru you.

All those Protoss championship wins I can see why you guys are complai....

Wat

You have to not be a Protoss player to understand how mind numbingly unfun they are to play against.There really is no worse feeling in the world for a Z or T than queue-ing up on ladder and coming out Toss. The entire race feels like a gimmicky cheese from start to finish and if you won it's just because you managed to maintain an early lead through some dangerous gimmick bullshit and then not fuck up ever. Not everyone is Polt when it comes to control. I spend an hour every other day just working on control, but it doesn't make the race any less annoying.

They're fun to play as, the very strong feeling of distinction between units harkens back to BW but woopty freaking doo.

They could be buffed to high heaven or nerfed to hell and it wouldn't change anything, how the race functions is just fundamentally annoying to play against.

Did he mention his source?

Yeah seems like that's not the case. Oh well.

HolyCheck

AND YOU OPENED IT?

You have to not be a Protoss player to understand how mind numbingly unfun they are to play against.There really is no worse feeling in the world for a Z or T than queue-ing up on ladder and coming out Toss. The entire race feels like a gimmicky cheese from start to finish and if you won it's just because you managed to maintain an early lead through some dangerous gimmick bullshit and then not fuck up ever. Not everyone is Polt when it comes to control. I spend an hour every other day just working on control, but it doesn't make the race any less annoying.

hahaha havent got it yet just won the bid... god forbid an unopened game would be worth billions!

the catridge alone goes for a few hundred...

no PAL release outside of australia will do that..

They're fun to play as, the very strong feeling of distinction between units harkens back to BW but woopty freaking doo.

They could be buffed to high heaven or nerfed to hell and it wouldn't change anything, how the race functions is just fundamentally annoying to play against.

I've always loved playing as zerg against toss. Terran vs protoss i enjoy as well but i'll admit i mostly stick to cheesing or allins because of my lack of experience with the race.

I agree that the race needs massive reworking (terran and zerg to a slightly lesser extent) but it's not going to happen.

Yoshichan

Work over, phone fully charged... ready for some outside action :3... ._.

tBVcDPw.png

Zen

Banned
I've always loved playing as zerg against toss. Terran vs protoss i enjoy as well but i'll admit i mostly stick to cheesing or allins because of my lack of experience with the race.

I agree that the race needs massive reworking (terran and zerg to a slightly lesser extent) but it's not going to happen.

If you have any good TvP cheeses and all-ins I'm all ears :3

And you are absolutely right, the race needs a big redesign but it's not going to happen so I might as well just focus on improving, and maybe LoV will help, I mean ZvP feels alot better compared to WoL so y'know, think positive right? Thanks everyone for taking my occasional toss temper tantrums in good humor. XD

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'm gonna C+P every name i've heard of with a korean flag next to it heading to DH bucharest:

Axiom eSports Alicia (P)
Axiom eSports CranK (P)
Western Wolves Daisy (P)
KT Rolster Flash (T)
Axiom eSports Heart (T)
Quantic Gaming HwangSin (P)
Quantic Gaming HyuN (Z)
Team Acer Innovation (T)
Team Acer MMA (T)
Axiom eSports Ryung (T)
Woongjin sOs (P)
mYinsanity StarDust (P)
AZUBU SuperNova (T)
AZUBU Symbol (Z)
ROOT Gaming YugiOH (Z)
StarTale Avenge (P)
StarTale Life (Z)
Millenium ForGG (T)
Team Liquid HerO (P)
FXOpen Hurricane (P)
Evil Geniuses Jaedong (Z)
Evil Geniuses Oz (P)
FXOpen sC (T)
Team Liquid Taeja (T)
ROOT Gaming Yugioh (Z)

did they all pitch in and buy a plane or something?

If you have any good TvP cheeses and all-ins I'm all ears :3

And you are absolutely right, the race needs a big redesign but it's not going to happen so I might as well just focus on improving, and maybe LoV will help, I mean ZvP feels alot better compared to WoL so y'know, think positive right? Thanks everyone for taking my occasional toss temper tantrums in good humor. XD

Probably the main things i want changed are how much units clump and how fast things die (both are related). I think we need more units with drawbacks as well, like siege tanks. The more prevalent units like that are the better. Basically units like lurker, siege tank and reaver that are extremely powerful but take a lot of skill and positioning and have huge drawbacks. Units that can defend a position without being in huge numbers (basically to encourage lots of small engagements instead of a death ball.

There are lots of others as well. Basically the changes i want just aren't happening so i've kinda given up on it.

Yoshichan

Today might be the day guys :3 cover over my head and a bed to sleep in... Let's hope!

Zen

Banned
Probably the main things i want changed are how much units clump and how fast things die (both are related). I think we need more units with drawbacks as well, like siege tanks. The more prevalent units like that are the better. Basically units like lurker, siege tank and reaver that are extremely powerful but take a lot of skill and positioning and have huge drawbacks. Units that can defend a position without being in huge numbers (basically to encourage lots of small engagements instead of a death ball.

There are lots of others as well. Basically the changes i want just aren't happening so i've kinda given up on it.

Have you given any thought to trying out some changes with the map editor? Most of the things you mention can be implemented without advanced knowledge. I mean I know it would never go and replace SCII or anything but it would be an interesting experiment. That recent imba league where they halved all damage didn't work flawlessly but it's a good idea.

Top Bottom