• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Holden

QbwPfke.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Youtube to that gif please! Tried to find it, but find many other champagne moments... but not that one!

Also, tell me something zerg CAN'T do!

D53H3Ys.gif

Aylinato

SC2 is so fun to watch(minus colosi, unles it's colosi vs colosi that shits war of the worlds)

Zerg v Terran is my favorite to watch

Fuck 4 Colossus + HT + DT and Gateway armies. Give us back 2.0 Radius EMP Blizzard!

On that note, if I catch a Protoss GAFFER on SC2, please practice late game with me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nostalgia time!

DDnxoaE.jpg

Sensor Tower used to be upgradable to a Radar Tower. At that time Sensor Towers gave detection to surrounding Missile Turrets, while the Radar Tower functioned like todays Sensor Tower.

Munitions Depot needed to unlock Thors.

Orbital Command used to be called Surveillance Station, and required an Engineering Bay.

Merc Haven needed to unlock Reaper and Shadow Ops, which was needed to unlock Ghosts.

Factory used to produce Vikings and Cobras, a unit similar to the Diamond Back from the campaign, that could move and shoot at the same time.

Starports could build Predators, the feline robot from campaign. Additionaly it could be upgraded to a Star Base, which made it airborne. This mean it could produce while flying!

Also, Banshees had splash damage.

Deep Space Relay was replaced by the Fusion Core.

Z2pxuK2.jpg

The Nomad - Blizzcon 2007

It was replaced by the Raven. It used to be able to deploy an Auto-Turret and repair mechanical units.

5FB9B5W.jpg

Each tier of tech unlocked a new kind of Queen. Queens used to have to evolve from Queen to Large Queen to Huge Queen, and had some sort of limitation on how many you could have.

Deep Warren ulocked Lurkers!

Nydus Network used to be the building needed to unlock Hive.

Infestor Pits were tier 3.

Spawning Pools used to look like a derp face.

Greater Spire unlocked Swarm Guardians.

fNTxPQu.jpg

Infestor 2008

A2Snzc0.jpg

Lurkers, Swarm Guardians and Infestors - 2008

qJjhAneh.jpg

Phase Cannons. Cannons that could go into warp mode and move to a new place with pylon power and redeploy. Just like todays Spine and Spore Crawlers.

Cybernetics Core unlocked Stasis Orb, later replaced by the Sentry. Many iterations of this unit was proposed, among them the Nullifier and the Distruptor.

Null Circuit required to unlock Observers.

Warp Prism used to be called Phase Prism.

Void Ray used to be called Warp Ray.

Twilight Council was needed to unlock Immortals for Warp In on Warp Gates.

Dark Shrine was called Dark Obelisk, and used to have some abilities.

HDiPhUwh.jpg

Warp Rays and Tempests

4CBjo7Gh.jpg

Star Relics and Phoenix

7BWc0HKh.jpg

Reavers (RIP) :'(

edit: More at http://imgur.com/a/8h2na

StayDead

I remember every painstaking reveal and the wait.

Nowadays I'm not so sure they should have changed what they had. Mech was viable back then. T_T

Yoshichan

The graphics also look much, much better in the older versions... why is that ._.?

giri

Wrong thread in theory, i know... but... Fuck yeah, Nestea advanced!

I'm so hoping he makes enough points to go to the WCS finals. MVP+MC+Nestea at the WCS finals would be legitimately awesome.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Yoshi, you are confusing bad players with bad game.
The fact that it's POSSIBLE to even kill a maxed out army in less than two seconds is BAD GAMEPLAY. Everything in SC2 just does so much fucking damage. It doesn't matter if you're Kas, Flash or IdrA.

Yoshichan

Ok, I'm sorry ._.

mtDwBFi.jpg

The fact that it's POSSIBLE to even kill a maxed out army in less than two seconds is BAD GAMEPLAY. Everything in SC2 just does so much fucking damage. It doesn't matter if you're Kas, Flash or IdrA.

It's not the amount of damage units do. Tanks, reavers, psi storm, plague etc were EXTREMELY powerful. The bigger issue to me is how clumped up everything is and how fast everything moves. That plus i think overall units tend to take more supply, a maxed out army in SC2 is a lot smaller than a maxed out army in BW (plus you have a lot more probes/scvs/drones in SC2).

Yoshichan

Yeah, basically what I was trying to say.

Wunder

Day9 had a good idea back in the first year or so of SC2 - increase max pop to 300. You worker count would stay relatively the same, possibly increase by 1 expansion or so, but you get to play with 80-100 more supply of units, allowing for a decent base defense while having a sizable moving army to make plays with.

Yoshichan

Day9 had a good idea back in the first year or so of SC2 - increase max pop to 300. You worker count would stay relatively the same, possibly increase by 1 expansion or so, but you get to play with 80-100 more supply of units, allowing for a decent base defense while having a sizable moving army to make plays with.
Imagine the protoss airdeathball... oh my god.

I can't help but feel that this would just add to the deathball even more. Before SC2 was announced i was kind of hoping that it would just be BW with new units and a bigger pop cap but with currently i think it would probably make things worse.

Yoshichan

Bring back the shitty pathing blizzard!
And unit select cap! Force people to actually use the the numbers above 1-3 on their keyboards :p

Top Bottom