• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
before....?

i'm pretty sure his gf is not the mother of his child
it is now.

he moved in with his kids mom last january under the pretext it would be temporary. pretty sure half his viewing audience figured out he was dumping his GF before she did.

Why would he hit on her when he has a girlfriend already?
i dunno, why did he send dick picks to internet girls.
he's an ass.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wait wut lol
when he moved back to the states, he was going to spend a month with the mother of his kid and then move in with his girlfriend at the time [ericsan?]. he never left and is presumably now back together with the mother of his kid.

fanboi

Banned
Needless to say, he is a peice of work!

A twat with self esteem problems and social missplaced.

But that is enough about Yoshi.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... that was super harsh :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is it? What is it?

Shitty connection, can't see!

Yoshichan

Firecake vs Mana

@2:00:00

BL+SH+Corruptor+Viper+A lot of Spine&Spore | 21k Min 10K Gas
Tempest+Void+Mothership | 12k Min 2k Gas
Yeah, sounds like a typical ZvP nowadays. That exact combination from both players makes the game slow and turtly as hell and it's boring as shit to watch. Basically mining out the entire map and then waiting for the players to slowly chip away at each others.

It's like a fighting game - both players shooting fireballs at each other and both players blocking. For two hours.

TheTrain

Oh yes, i know. This is the reason because i quit this game 3 month ago, now I open a random stream and...surprise! Nothing change.
I play vs FireCake a lot of time in ladder and this is his standard ZvP, abuse into winning WCS.
Like Nerchio and other 90% Zerg "Pro" Player.

Dario Wünsch @LiquidTLO 21m
remove SH from the game pleaaaaaaaase, and give us a more fun unit :( :( :(

Mykhailo Gaida @Empire_Kas 12m
David kim, this game really fun to watch ?#wcs. disgusting

Manuel Schenkhuizen @followgrubby 17m I'm going to use this game to fall asleep in 2 hr from now #WCS
Manuel Schenkhuizen @followgrubby Id probably do the same if I were Zerg, but seriously this makes my eyes bleed. #WCS wonder what Korean Progamers think of this. P chances?

FYI an entire clan war between Millenium and Copenhagen Wolves has been played during this game. Millenium won 4-3.

But ehi...feel like...swarmy!

WTF Firecake has this easy. The only reason he isn't attacking is because he is worried Mana has a ton of resources and can warp in everything back when in reality he cannot!

Mana just needs to GG. That or lose almost nothing in the battle 2 times in a row.

Edit: Mothership Core can become the Mothership and have timewarp along with Vortex which only kills one unit in HOTS.

Yoshichan

It's a good thing that Browder gtfo'd SC2.

Kim needs to do the same now. Let me handle the balancing imo.

Call me Blizz.

Ok that should be it! Firecake just won with the damage he did. Mana should really just GG!

Edit: That engage needed to happen a long ass time ago aka 1 hour ago.

Anyone watching home story cup qualifiers? Suppy just rolled polt, makes the bracket so much more interesting now.

Also can't get rid of swarmhosts, where else will i get my free wins against protoss ;;. How about after the final of blizzcon they fade to black and then go to a blacked out picture or reveal trailer of the lurker. So fucking hype.

The major problem with Swarm Hosts is that they spawn 4 locusts and then when they get their damn upgrade its another batch right as soon as the locusts die.

They need make the locust spawning a bit longer after the initial batch.

Even as a Terran, when the Zerg has 20 or more, its a pain in the ass fighting them if you went Mech. Bio you can avoid them and go kill the Zerg but even then. So cost effective its ridiculous.

SamuraiX-

Anyone watching home story cup qualifiers? Suppy just rolled polt, makes the bracket so much more interesting now.

Yeah, HuK stormed through the HSC VIII NA Qualifiers without dropping a single map. Granted his opponents weren't the most impressive but still gotdayum:

pve4Yei.png

Also, casters announced for BlizzCon!

g8b35j3.png

Sexy, sexy lineup. All my favorites. Except Mr. Bitter. Should've replaced his ass with Kaelaris. Shit, even Maynarde has better casting charisma.

Yoshichan

Amazing cast! God damn, Blizzcon is gonna be crazy.

Yeah, HuK stormed through the HSC VIII NA Qualifiers without dropping a single map. Granted his opponents weren't the most impressive but still gotdayum:

I was happy to see huk get through. Fair enough it wasn't the hardest run but on the flipside i'd say 99.9% of people expected polt to get through. Any qualifier with him in it is a hard one :p.

I was disappointed in huk missing out on that redbull tournament, beating scarlett and then still missing out lol.

Sexy, sexy lineup. All my favorites. Except Mr. Bitter. Should've replaced his ass with Kaelaris. Shit, even Maynarde has better casting charisma.

Mr Bitter is only really there to cast alongside rotterdam. I agree there are better casters but i can see why they kept them together.

Hopefully day 9 puts on a better showing. He's an awesome guy and i love what he does for SC2 but he really isn't anywhere near on the level of the other casters at the tournament. I know i may be in a minority there. I feel like if he does have a good knowledge of the game he does an incredibly poor job of showing it and he resorts to shouting far too much.

Personally for me apollo, rotterdam and artosis are the stand outs of that bunch of casters. My next favorites are probably grubby, incontrol and a few others that i have just forgotten lol.

I really don't see why they had to reach so far to throw anything into the game except Lurkers. SH is a shitty unit that slows down the game. It doesn't really fit the "swarm" idea of Zerg.

Oh well, at this point the game needs a complete overhaul but that will never happen. They'll just keep tinkering with balance, and essentially re-arrange furniture in a burning building.

I really don't see why they had to reach so far to throw anything into the game except Lurkers. SH is a shitty unit that slows down the game. It doesn't really fit the "swarm" idea of Zerg.

Lurkers are from BW and i think they've made it pretty clear that they absolutely refuse to bring back any old units. People want lurkers, we get SH. People want spider mines, we get widow mines.

It especially sucks because lurkers were actually in the game at one point so it wouldn't be all that crazy.

Just watched some of that 3 hour match (well as much as i could stomach). Swarmhosts have their problems but that game was really the fault of the players. They just sat there for hours when the game was clearly over. Life vs super is a good example of how exciting swarmhost games can be, it's one of the best ZvP's i've seen in a long time.

SamuraiX-

HomeStory Cup VIII EU Qualifier is on!

Variety of available streams at: www.teamliquid.net

NqtVUFQ.png

Would love for Kas, Nerchio or Bly to make it.

ForGG is probably gonna destroy this bracket though.

Edit: Aaaaanndd I just watched ForGG get knocked out in a Ro32 Bo1 game where a Protoss player proxy DT'd and followed up with mass Zealot + High Templar.... yuck

Happy to see Scarlett make IEM, some fun matches today. Just looked at the schedule, kinda sucks that dreamhack, IEM and WCG are all overlapping each other. Can't help but feel as though WCG and possibly IEM are going to just get ignored almost. Then again the timezones might help with that somewhat not sure.

SamuraiX-

Happy to see Scarlett make IEM, some fun matches today. Just looked at the schedule, kinda sucks that dreamhack, IEM and WCG are all overlapping each other. Can't help but feel as though WCG and possibly IEM are going to just get ignored almost. Then again the timezones might help with that somewhat not sure.

Wow. I just realized this... all in that last weekend of November. So freaking lame.

I guess it'l be one hell of a weekend of StarCraft though. lol

ghst

thanks for the laugh

Oh well, at this point the game needs a complete overhaul but that will never happen. They'll just keep tinkering with balance, and essentially re-arrange furniture in a burning building.

blizz are looking down at a eviscerated patient bleeding out on their table and wondering if they should remove that nasty looking mole, it could be malignant!

send the patient home for four months and tell them to keep an eye on it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I saw another comment elsewhere, but...

Having the WCS AM Finals in front of 30 people with little fanfare was really weird. 'Oh I guess he won'.

blizz are looking down at a eviscerated patient bleeding out on their table and wondering if they should remove that nasty looking mole, it could be malignant!

send the patient home for four months and tell them to keep an eye on it.

Lol pretty good analogy actually.

I saw another comment elsewhere, but...

Having the WCS AM Finals in front of 30 people with little fanfare was really weird. 'Oh I guess he won'.

It's the problem with having the big finals right after it. WCS AM is more like a little feeder tournament for the bigger finals which are also held in NA. Not sure how they expect an event like that to be hyped.

SamuraiX-

What does everybody think of the new balance test map?

Alterzim Stronghold TE said:

Blizzard wants it to be macro-oriented map that they hope to incorporate into the WCS map pool in 2014.

At first glance it looks way too easy to take 5 bases if players spawn cross positions.

No Xel'Naga Towers that I can see though, which is interesting.

It's nothing particularly exciting, i'm much more looking forward to what comes out of that red bull map making contest. It's a great initiative and i hope we see more things like it.

Edit: I like that it's not your standard rotated daybreak type map at least.

Yoshichan

RIP BW

Wait I mean SC2

profit

I really need to get better at new build orders....

TvP, I go reaper expand into two more rax and stim. At around 8.30 minutes I allready got a pretty big army, but I think "I'll wait for Medivacs just to be safe and then push". By the time I get to his base, he allready has a few collosi out and my army gets destroyed.
I check the replay, and at about 8.30, he was a handfull of Zealots and Stalkers.... Could have ended the game right then and there.

TvZ, I just want to try something and go 2 proxy rax (never done that before). I go with 4 marines to his 2nd hatch and manage to take it down. I start and build bunkers in his main.
But because I'm really not used playing like this, everything else slips up and I cant finish it soon enough. He manages to overrun my army with lings and banes, and because I'm too fucking nervous to play decently I had almost no tech and no advantage whatsoever.

I really need to force myself into different possitions so I can adapt more easily, good lord.

TvP, I go reaper expand into two more rax and stim. At around 8.30 minutes I allready got a pretty big army, but I think "I'll wait for Medivacs just to be safe and then push". By the time I get to his base, he allready has a few collosi out and my army gets destroyed.
I check the replay, and at about 8.30, he was a handfull of Zealots and Stalkers.... Could have ended the game right then and there.

TvZ, I just want to try something and go 2 proxy rax (never done that before). I go with 4 marines to his 2nd hatch and manage to take it down. I start and build bunkers in his main.
But because I'm really not used playing like this, everything else slips up and I cant finish it soon enough. He manages to overrun my army with lings and banes, and because I'm too fucking nervous to play decently I had almost no tech and no advantage whatsoever.

I really need to force myself into different possitions so I can adapt more easily, good lord.

Just keep playing and practicing.

Zen

Banned

Use the reaper to keep scouting his base, but you should be pushing at 8:30 if only to force a photon overcharge and to back up. You want to control his Mamma cores abilities as much as possible, heck sometimes I've gotten a lucky snipe on it around that time, and depending on positioning don't be afraid to just snipe his first colossus.

It's a good thing that Browder gtfo'd SC2.

Kim needs to do the same now. Let me handle the balancing imo.

Call me Blizz.

He has left SCII development?

Yoshichan

He isn't in the balance team anymore iirc.

Top Bottom