• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This is how I feel about your conversations lately

zergtroll1.gif

Aaron

If anyone here watches Giantbomb's Daily Dota the latest one had Idra as a guest, and he admitted that he always hated SC2, but still loves BW. The hint of passion when he said Brood War said it all really.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Rise again MBC ;_; (Terran hwaiting!)
s0jCi67.png

If anyone here watches Giantbomb's Daily Dota the latest one had Idra as a guest, and he admitted that he always hated SC2, but still loves BW. The hint of passion when he said Brood War said it all really.
Gonna go find this
*Wait it's sub only.

Cyborgmatt and Idra join us to dig through the huge list of changes in Dota 2 6.79.
wat

Zen

Banned
So childish rage aside. I ran into a Protoss that basically went standard FE into fast third pure Colosus carrier Mothership. There was like nothing I could do it was ridiculous. I traded early three times wiping out his colossus and and mothership core but eventually he cannoned his third. Whenever I tried to drop the main the Carrier range and the Colo walk ensured I could never get any damage done. I had three reactor Starports going pure viking and I'd lose 20 vikings in seconds because of the burst DPS on the carrier being so insane. He sat there for twenty minutes and then crushed me. Widow mine splash wasn't enough to make his interceptors die either, I was completely at a loss.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Posting this from MAH NEW 5s

HYPEEEEE

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
... Will read after JayZ

Yoshichan

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Man...
Q: After the release of HotS, everybody expected you to do well because of the changes made to Terran that seemed to fit your play style very well. Why do you think you were not able to enjoy a revival in your game unlike many other Terrans did at those times ?

A: I started to loose interest in Terran before HotS release. So i started to practice Protoss for around 3 month. But then HotS was released, the changes to Terran were really good so i had to switch again. The thing is i was not enjoying that style of play anymore [fast and aggressive], i was actually practicing Protoss because i wanted to play a more relaxed and defensive style.

Q: What aspect of LoL do you prefer to SC2 ?

A: I don't think LoL is better than Starcraft, they just have different good aspects. Since LoL is a team game, it makes me feel more relaxed to play with friends, it cheers me up to not play alone. Always being alone in Starcraft made me lonely and pressured. I still think that Starcraft is the better game tho.

Zen

Banned
Ah i see it was already posted, but I enjoyed these two responses.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=433308

He's going to stream both games fyi.

Q: Are you considering a come back to SC2 ? For LotV for an example. What change to SC2 would make you come back to the game ?
A: I just announced that i quit SC2 so actually i don't know if i will come back. But if the fans are really asking me to make a comeback, maybe i will come back.

Q: Do you have a message to your fans ?
A: Thanks. Just thanks a LOT, to all my fans. I really didn't expected that after quitting my favorite game, that my fans would keep cheering for me. I saw some post about fans wishing me to do well in LoL. It is really to much, i feel i can't deserve it, i am so thankful for it. I will never forget about it. If you want to still care about me, please follow me in LoL, it is hard to change games because i really love SC2.

This is how I feel about your conversations lately

zergtroll1.gif

It's super effective?

For all our bitching about SCII and how it's 'dying' I think most of us here really do love the game. We all fall somewhere on the autism spectrum for that to happen but here we are and let's not deny it.

by starcraft he means BW
and not SC2

he probably thinks lol > sc2

Haha no, he refers to SCII as 'StarCraft' for the majority entire interview'; a lot of his sentences wouldn't make sense otherwise. He calls SC2 his 'favorite game' and the ways he lists LoL being better as distinctly about experience and not on a mechanical game level. The interrviewer wasn't asking about BW in that question it was strictly a SCII LoL comparison.

And he's right. LoL is only better in the social experience sense. It doesn't hold a candle to SCII otherwise. That's why Blizzard needs to put work into making custom fun time ladders with random monthly unit additions and game modes whilst just recreating the original Bnet features that made everything feel so inclusive and alive.

I wish we'd also start seeing pro level 2v2s but a man can only ask for so much.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Idra has always stated he hates sc2 and he only played it due to the money he gets.

kasane

Finding success with bio, 5 straight wins. Only time i built mech today was against zerg. No protoss today so my day isn't ruined :D

Zen

Banned
Yeah mech is really defensive on the outset of TvT. I find the 'purity' of marine tank v Marine Tank to be fun to play, but Mech can absolutely dominate.

Yoshichan

Miss you guys!

Yoshichan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO T_T

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Soon 24 hours since last post... Guys, is SC2 dead?

Zen

Banned
We'll miss you, maybe you can get a sarcasm detector during the intervening period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iQ9i8szWLmE#t=2691

guys watch this. guys. even when i was a 12 year old broodwar player i didn't do this

Omg XD

GLS may be independent of WCS starting 2014 or not be confined by WCS regulations
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=433543

Dajang: What's the plan for GSL next year?

Chae: Next year? It is very bright. We will do as we want next year. We will do as I want.

Daejang: Indeed, it is bright.

Chae: Yes, it is. Because we couldn't do as we wanted this year, yes, we had dissatisfaction. Now, we will do as we want. Be ready.

Daejang: It's a great good news.

Chae: (laughing) An shocking announcement. Gom will do as they want next year!

Daejang: At least we keep on.

Chae: Ofcourse we do.

Daejang: It' would be not appropriate if we someone says "we are quitting" on his own authority .

Chae: So, now, this is my thought. To say harsh, people who don't want to work actively, should better get out of the scene. People who will work hard, who want to work hard, need to get more opportunities, don't they? It's really hard to work with somebody that does not like to do the job. Just talking for mutual profits.

Zen

Banned
Yeah the rebranding has really hurt the GSL and has not added anything of substance to the WCS cohesion. Let's get back to seeing all of code a plz with everything on a proper schedule like it use to be.

WHAT A FANTASTICALLY RUN TOURNAMENT. Props to NASL, Blizzard, etc.

Also the final bracket for Blizzcon

ggMJ2Jc.png

SamuraiX-

I'm seriously drooling over Bomber vs MMA and Polt vs MvP.

Good lord, what a Ro16.

Edit: But, oh NaNiwa, can't catch a break:

NaNiwa's 16th spot is currently contested by Revival, who is trailing by 25 points and can tie with NaNiwa by finishing Top 2 in his group in the WCS America Season 3 Challenger League. A tie for 16th place is decided by a Bo5 match, played on location before the main tournament begins.

LOL

But Revival may very well not even be participating since he withdrew his seed in the Challenger Bracket Stage... He'll probably very well rethink also withdrawing from the Group Stage when he hears the news. haha

Top Bottom