• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We'll miss you, maybe you can get a sarcasm detector during the intervening period.

V46yELN.gif

Zen

Banned
My body is not ready for an Oracle buff. Can already hear the screams of my SCVs..

I remember that Oracles use to have a badass scream when they died. It reminded me of a BW sound, very distinct and iconic or the unit. Did they remove it completely or is it still there when you play as toss?

XMG Balance Test: Pro Invitational (feat. Destiny)

Really cool of Axeltoss + MLG and ToD + XMG to organize this.

These upcoming balance changes could completely shift the current metagame as we know it so hopefully the pros at this invitational do their best to showcase all the different styles that are centered around Siege Tanks, Oracles, Widow Mines, Roaches and/or Terran mech!

This is great news, will tune in for sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oracle scream was scary as fuck. Reminded me a lot of some of the brutality you would hear in BW,

Zen

Banned
Oracle scream was scary as fuck. Reminded me a lot of some of the brutality you would hear in BW,

The sound effects in BW being better are no coincidence. The lower bitrate gave everything a very memorable and digitized, sound to it. The Oracle scream sounds so similar to the old sounds, I with I could have been the lead sound designer.

Was it wrong to skip class in favor of buying a bottle of the bubbly and playing starcraft all afternoon?

Biskie which region do you play on?

For that matter everyone please share profile #s and names so that we can add each other.

Its beyond sad when I go online and I see only Aylinato and the very occasional EJ now that Heartstone is out.

Chaosjoe #792 NA Server.

Syf

Banned
I'm Biskie #758 on America. I'm a silver scrub but love to have a few drinks and play a lot lol. Just in it for the fun really. Add me!

Yoshichan

Haven't played in a week now... I guess it's just one of those times :(. And with PS4 being released soon...

Yoshichan

Path of Exile is great but I don't have time to play it right now.

Hazaro, I need mah PS4 no matter what!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Path of Exile is great but I don't have time to play it right now.

Hazaro, I need mah PS4 no matter what!
What are you going to play on it?
Nothing.

Resogun is neat though. Killzone is high latency movie filtered blur barf, most other games aren't out.

Yoshichan

Nothing.

Resogun is neat though. Killzone is high latency movie filtered blur barf, most other games aren't out.

DriveClub damn it!
:(
I know there are no games, I just want the damn machine so I can brag about it and take sexy pictures of it! :mad:

Yeah the rebranding has really hurt the GSL and has not added anything of substance to the WCS cohesion. Let's get back to seeing all of code a plz with everything on a proper schedule like it use to be.

WHAT A FANTASTICALLY RUN TOURNAMENT. Props to NASL, Blizzard, etc.

Also the final bracket for Blizzcon

ggMJ2Jc.png

Bottom looks harder than the top. Maru vs Innovation in the round of 8 feels so wrong.

Zen

Banned
Nothing.

That was Killzone 2, KIllzone 3 and Mercenary's have no lag. Unfortunately Killzone 3 is also dogshit, but I'm cautiously optimistic about ShadowFall.

Don't forget Resogun/Contrast = free since Yoshi was planning to play online MP anyway.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DriveClub damn it!
:(
I know there are no games, I just want the damn machine so I can brag about it and take sexy pictures of it! :mad:
DriveClub was a lot more sim than I expected and it looked awful when I played it, but the social score stuff actually seemed neat.

Go buy Burnout: Whatever for $5 on PC or Dirt or GRID
That was Killzone 2, KIllzone 3 and Mercenary's have no lag. Unfortunately Killzone 3 is also dogshit, but I'm cautiously optimistic about ShadowFall.

Don't forget Resogun/Contrast = free since Yoshi was planning to play online MP anyway.
I played KZ:SF dude. The MP was horrendously unrepsonsive and it's clown barf bloom all over your face so you can't see shit. Yeah it was unfinished, but it's just so chunky. I don't like it like that.

SamuraiX-

Alterzim Stronghold actually looks like a really cool map. Has a completely different look and feel to it compared to any other map I've seen in the map pool.

Zen

Banned
Yet another proof that protoss is indeed OP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufTReKiImc

I lol that you never see Toss players do this to dodge Seeker Missile and the like, just merge and cancel and it breaks the lock

EDIT: The Roach buff is a nice answer to the anti micro Forcefield

I played KZ:SF dude. The MP was horrendously unrepsonsive and it's clown barf bloom all over your face so you can't see shit. Yeah it was unfinished, but it's just so chunky. I don't like it like that.

Have you played a KZ game before? Don't tell me you're one of those guys that just hates weight. :p

SPL new season is announced to take place or unveil in December. KeSPA chairman and Korean MP Mr. Jeon also stated diverse effort would be put into helping out the SC2 scene in Korea, offering more avenues of competition.

Players from MVP, Prime, and IM were sighted at the KeSPA pro-gaming education seminar, including players like DRG, Creator, MKP, Maru, and Keen. This pretty much means that their teams joined KeSPA.

Woongjin Stars Soulkey, sOs, and some b-teamers are also sighted in the seminar as well.

Players from Soul are all absent. Medias are told that Soul players' intention is foreign teams and personal sponsorship. If they miss this education seminar twice, then they will lose their KeSPA status which they still have, though obviously it won't be a concern for them if they don't want to be in KeSPA anymore.

It appears that as many predicted when MVP, IM, and Prime left the eSF in September, the three teams are well on the path to joining KeSPA, if not de facto members already.

Additionally, KeSPA chairman and Korean MP Jeon Byung Heon stated that work was being done on a new LoL league outside OGN's Champions, which many speculate to be a LoL Proleague.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I lol that you never see Toss players do this to dodge Seeker Missile and the like, just merge and cancel and it breaks the lock

EDIT: The Roach buff is a nice answer to the anti micro Forcefield

Have you played a KZ game before? Don't tell me you're one of those guys that just hates weight. :p
Yes I completed 1 and 2 and played some of 3.

I'm almost tempted to buy Killzone: Shadowfall even though I hate most FPS's and rarely ever play multiplayer. Getting Knack at launch and looking for a second game to get as well, but not sure what.

SamuraiX-

SPL new season is announced to take place or unveil in December. KeSPA chairman and Korean MP Mr. Jeon also stated diverse effort would be put into helping out the SC2 scene in Korea, offering more avenues of competition.

Players from MVP, Prime, and IM were sighted at the KeSPA pro-gaming education seminar, including players like DRG, Creator, MKP, Maru, and Keen. This pretty much means that their teams joined KeSPA.

Woongjin Stars Soulkey, sOs, and some b-teamers are also sighted in the seminar as well.

Players from Soul are all absent. Medias are told that Soul players' intention is foreign teams and personal sponsorship. If they miss this education seminar twice, then they will lose their KeSPA status which they still have, though obviously it won't be a concern for them if they don't want to be in KeSPA anymore.

It appears that as many predicted when MVP, IM, and Prime left the eSF in September, the three teams are well on the path to joining KeSPA, if not de facto members already.

Hell fucking yeah!

Does this mean there was a double merger to form a single MVP-IM-Prime Proleague exclusive team or that MVP, IM and Prime are each individually joining KeSPA?

Holy shit, WHO CARES!?!

'13-'14 SPL season saved! :D

Aylinato

Game so dead it killed all streams
tlquvOP.png

It's not dead. Just wounded, and lonely. In a dark forest surrounded by banelings, dark Templar, and banshees. Only 10 bullets left and one box of delicious pizza.

Can't wait until the weekend to play some sc2!! Team games and arcade(only arcade with others as most games are not single player)

Yoshichan

Thank God I'm on my new phone! That would've crashed my ol' iPhone 4 :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
it's happening guys!!!!

I'm going to Korea in march for 2 weeks :D :D

I'm so excited. lets hope SC2 isn't dead before I get there! lolololol.

Yoshichan

Wow! So jealous :( Grats man! GL HF

HolyCheck

Are you going to be able to catch any GSL?!!?!? MAKE A NEOGAF SIGN IF SO!
I plan on seeing as much esports as I can!!! Really hoping the gsl or gstl is on then in anyform. If it is iill probably book hotels near by just so it's easier to see lots.

Aaron

I plan on seeing as much esports as I can!!! Really hoping the gsl or gstl is on then in anyform. If it is iill probably book hotels near by just so it's easier to see lots.
There will definitely be GSTL. There might be GSL. I don't think that part of the schedule is finalized yet.

HolyCheck

Yeh thought that might be the case. Blizzard did say they want to start wvs earlier next year (started April 4th this year) so hopefully that means gsl! Although, with the rumours who knows if gsl will even be a part of wcs!

SamuraiX-

WCS AM S3 Challenger League Group Announced

Revival's group:
CZ3aOq6.png

aLive's group:
yUoLUsc.png

I really hope TaeJa doesn't forfeit because there's no way Revival doesn't win that group in that case. Revival forfeited his spot in the bracket stage but once somebody explained the current situation to him, I highly doubt he doesn't participate in this group stage. lol

I think the maximum number of points Revival can get is 25, in which case he and NaNiwa would then play a Bo5 tie-breaker at BlizzCon to decide who gets to play Soulkey in the Ro16. hah!

aLive, win or lose here or in his tie-breaker with Mvp at BlizzCon, his reward is facing off against either Polt or Jaedong in the Ro16. Pick your poison.

Deadman

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/11425593

Patch 2.1 is coming soon, and with it we're adding new features and making a number of improvements to StarCraft II. Whether you're a mapmaker, an eSports enthusiast, an Arcade hero, or just love playing StarCraft II, Patch 2.1 will have something that's right up your alley. To help ensure everything goes smoothly on patch day, we're requesting your help in testing each of these improvements using the Public Test Realm.

The PTR will become accessible soon after BlizzCon and we want to make sure you’ve got plenty of time to be ready. Anyone with the Battle.net Desktop App and a StarCraft II account will be able participate in PTR testing. If you don’t already have the Battle.net App, you can download and install it by clicking the button below.
Download the Battle.net App

Sit tight, because we'll have more information on how to access the Public Test Realm after BlizzCon. We’ll also reveal plenty of details on the exciting new features coming to StarCraft II in the weeks leading up to the release of Patch 2.1. If you’d like more information on the Battle.net App, you can go here to check out the FAQ and be sure to send us your feedback using the Open Beta forum.

Interesting, i wonder what it will have

Yoshichan

Starcraft Masters 2, PLEAAAAAAAASE

Syf

Banned
Wishful thinking but I'd love a new way to observe matches in-game, like Dota TV. Laggy Twitch streams with bad UIs are great and all but it'd be nice to do my own observing sometimes.

Top Bottom