• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

WgBkmEl.jpg

Yeah, whatever Blizzard. lol

I'm thrilled I somehow made it but it feels incredibly bittersweet because I know there's no way I'm ready to hang with Diamond players. I haven't played a single game in this league yet. I'm preparing my anus for how badly I'm gonna get REKT when I finally do. -_-

Startale are teaming up with IM to participate in Proleague. Starting with season 2 (or round 2, or what ever).

They'll be competing wearing IM uniforms.

And the players in question are moving into the IM training house.

It's basically the end of startale from what i can see.

Sort of sucks.

With the eSF dissolving and the GSTL being no more, StarTale was doomed to disband sooner or later. In this way they may actually have a chance to keep the team going while looking for new players and sponsorship.

giri

With the eSF dissolving and the GSTL being no more, StarTale was doomed to disband sooner or later. In this way they may actually have a chance to keep the team going while looking for new players and sponsorship.

The scene in general could never sustain that number of teams. It claimed a few KESPA teams, and a few eSF teams.

Startale completely devolving into this is surprising though. I would have thought they had a plan b. Apparently not.

kasane

See if you can find a good deal for it. Some places have it for $20. You want new as otherwise you won't get a key to make an account.

I think if you buy from Amazon you can get both for $50-60.

Iirc you can now get both for 40

Edit: i can get to plat if iactually only play sc2 everyday

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Aaron

Paging Crim and Yosh!

Round 2 is gonna be all kinds of fuck awesome. Can't wait!
You buried the lead:

Prime coach, Gerard said, " we are so glad that Marineking has returned to SC2 at the worst period for us. Probably our bad result from round 1 made him enthusiastic. He is more enthusiastic than anyone, and with Byun, we will once again show the power of Prime terrans."

Damn EU tournaments. Never up to watch them unless they're on really late.

Just watched the Soulkey vs Reality game. People want to blame Swarm Hosts but you saw how it's nearly impossible for Zerg to break a turtling mech player.

Man so awesome to see marineking back, hoping he and Byun both do well.

A bit late to the balance changes but i kinda like them. MSC change should have been in from the start, won't be a huge change but it was a needed one.

Don't really a fan of the blink change. I may get jumped on but i don't think blink itself is the problem and i don't think this is the way to go around stopping blink allins.

Mine buff is awesome. Personally i would love to have seen them go a different way (make mines 1 supply, nerf them if necessary and allow for terran to have more options in defense). I'm very happy with this though.

Hydra change i'm not really sure about. Seems like a pretty small tweak and i don't see it really changing much at all. Personally i don't really care if they are built more in ZvZ, they're mostly a pretty damn boring unit anyway. Mass roach vs mass roach is probably more exciting than when hydras get mixed in anyway.

The tempest change is a silly one. The problem here is swarm hosts and other underlying issues. Simply making tempests stronger against buildings won't fix this, in fact i don't see it changing much at all.

Well with the nerfs incoming it might just change things. I also hope WMs change the meta just a bit with their 80 splash vs Toss.

That had already started happening anyway so i have no doubt we will see a lot more mines if the change goes through. Personally i think they should just be buffed all around and not just against toss but that's another discussion entirely.

I think both mines and hellbats are underused in TvP especially at lower levels.

Ok guys I need some advice. My TvP and TvZ are pretty solid. The other day I beat a Zerg that was top 8 masters, and I'm so good at mech TvP that I probably spend my time in this thread giving people bad advice in the matchup, but my TvT is very under developed.

The early to mid game in TvT is so daunting and it's the main reason i never end up making the switch to terran. If you can figure that out let me know lol.

Kinda funny because in my experience TvP is the most fun and easiest matchup as terran (only ever played up to diamond level players above that would be way different obviously).

Aaron

Most people agree the blink change is a bit much. I'd like to see it implemented just for what effect it would have, but wouldn't be surprised if it's not in the final patch.

Oh shit we need more info!

First MOBA I'll probably get into. LoL doesn't appeal to me as much. Dota 2 is iffy.

Anyways on SC2 news.

Prime first opponent in Proleague is MVP. Meaning MKP vs DRG is possible! :D

Oh shit we need more info!

First MOBA I'll probably get into. LoL doesn't appeal to me as much. Dota 2 is iffy.

Basically the same as me. Not a fan of MOBA's in general but i'm a big fan of starcraft, warcraft and diablo so that makes the game somewhat appealing to me.

Anyways on SC2 news.

Prime first opponent in Proleague is MVP. Meaning MKP vs DRG is possible! :D

Wouldn't be surprised to see MKP win either.

survivor

Banned
I hope you guys are watching the MLG Ender's Game tourney. Avilo vs Incontrol casted by Destiny and Catz is on right now. I'm just here for the trash talk by Destiny about Avilo. First game ended unsurprisingly by Avilo losing with no gg from him.

edit: and it looks like Avilo was BMing Incontrol a lot during the lobby chat after game one lol

Syf

Banned
Looks like I just missed Avilo and Incontrol. Who won? Close games?

Nvm just saw Incontrol won 2-0. Hell yeah. I'll drink to that.

survivor

Banned
Looks like I just missed Avilo and Incontrol. Who won? Close games?

Nvm just saw Incontrol won 2-0. Hell yeah. I'll drink to that.

Game 1 Avilo did some sort of 1/1/1 build but with 3 rax instead, but it got stopped easily with nexus cannon. Second game lasted a lot longer in which Avilo used a Vikings, Marauders, Hellbats and Ghosts army with some late game nukes. Kinda went back and forth, but in the end Avilo ran out of money and Vikings and got swept by Incontrol's army.

Aaron

With things as they are with Startale, is Red Bull Bomber's personal sponsor now? If so, they could totally name a drink after him.

SamuraiX-

Maru, and who's the scrub?

I'll end you, giri. O_O

And I think that's Mvp, right?

With things as they are with Startale, is Red Bull Bomber's personal sponsor now? If so, they could totally name a drink after him.

Yup! It was announced a little bit before IEM Sao Paulo. So just like Polt and HyuN, Bomber's on a personal sponsorship with Red Bull now.

I fucking LOVE the new t-shirt he's wearing. Looks awesome.

giri

I'll end you, giri. O_O

And I think that's Mvp, right?

Yup! It was announced a little bit before IEM Sao Paulo. So just like Polt and HyuN, Bomber's on a personal sponsorship with Red Bull now.

I fucking LOVE the new t-shirt he's wearing. Looks awesome.

:p

Is it MVP? looks like maru from that angle.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The fuck is this
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440143

Gretech announced that Gomtv and Wemakeprice have signed an MOU for a marketing partnership.

The partnership will start with sponsoring Gom Classic Season 4.

Gom exp android app will be the one and only broadcast platform for the tournament, and otherwise, fans need to watch VODs which will be uploaded three days later.

wemakeprice is a social commerce company, aka "위메프".

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Reading up, this is only for Korea. English was never going to be live casted to begin with, so if that's what you want you have to wait for the vods. I say even if they're not going to do it live, they should run a twitch stream of the vods strung together.
I guess we can have a multiwatch time or something, maybe :/
Just kidding I'll watch in KR live if I can

Top Bottom