• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nice!

1 MORE!

For those of us who've watched Flash own recently in IEM and Kespa Cup qualifers, these games look familar
They look better imo.

22,000 viewers alive game 4am. Night yall

qZ1BNMZ.png

Zen

Banned
4-0~!

Under these filters, Flash is 33–7 (82.25%) in games and 18–1 (94.74%) in matches for the month.

I hope that Avenge makes it through, very entertaining play, but sleep time for me as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did they somehow change their Twitch video setup? The last VODs I see on Twitch are from 6 Aug, the Code 2 Ro32 Group A matches.

It's amazing that I paid like $100 for their sub and can't find the fucking content half the time.

Zen

Banned
SCDOJO.com Starbow KOTH #1 - Beastyqt vs. Franscar

Cast by Artosis.

So what do we think about modern Starbow? I personally have never really taken it seriously.

Much to my surprise

SC2: Heart of the Swarm was 2013's best-selling PC game.

Finished watching the VOD. Man, Flash is looking dominant in every matchup right now.

Beware, the olde Flash cometh from the deeps. That legendary beast, half god half machine, which did a thousand battles against the tyrant of the depths, has finally arisen.
The sands of time have eroded man's memory of the great Flash, causing his name to be consigned to myth. We fooled our own eyes, refusing to believe that the Flash we saw in front of us was the same deus ex machina our ancestors fortold. Little did man know that Flash was actually living amongst mortal man, disguising himself as a lesser being while his vampiric wires absorb power from unsuspecting victims, feeding the mechanical heart which makes Flash invincible.

Round of 16 groups I think are announced tonight. Looking through some of the round of 32 stats, Protoss got completely wrecked. 11 Protoss that made round of 32 didn't make round of 16 compared to 5 Terran and Zerg combined. Three groups that had 2 Protoss had neither advance. In two of those they literally faced nothing but Terran. That said, we got arguably the top 5 Protoss in sOs, Zest, Rain, Parting and Stats. Amazingly Flash is the only one to 4-0 his group.

Syf

Banned
Zen :(

Interesting groups. Flash should have an easier time preparing given that zerg is all he has to worry about, but those are still some very good zergs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zeeeeeeeeen :(!!!

I will await your return, more powerful than anyone could possibly imagine!!

I feel like this is the strongest RO16 for GSL i have ever seen. So many incredible players and it's damn near impossible to pick who will win. It's even better because the racial distribution is essentially perfect. Can't wait for this to get under way.

Aaron

Aside from Solar, Reality, and maybe Stats, it's all monster players that I wouldn't be surprised to win the whole thing. Of course, I want Flash to win, but it's going to be an uphill battle for him and everyone else.

Aside from Solar, Reality, and maybe Stats, it's all monster players that I wouldn't be surprised to win the whole thing. Of course, I want Flash to win, but it's going to be an uphill battle for him and everyone else.

I would take out Stats and throw in Cure. Cure lost like 6 straight Proleague games before his Code S group. I would also say group C is the group of death. Flash got lucky only having to worry about one match up but he got 2 of the top 3 Zerg.

Stats has looked like a beast lately, it's no surprise he was picked so late. I think he could surprise a few people. Cure was doing poor in PL but in the recent qualifiers he has been doing fantastic. Even still if solar and reality are the worst players than that's a damn fine line-up.

Anyone watching redbull? Not the best matchups yet but the tournament feels really well set-up. Looking forward to tomorrow. Only complaint is we still get these huge gaps with nothing. A countdown clock that counts down for 5 minutes is just telling your viewers to turn the stream off. Hopefully one day SC2 tournaments can get past this.

Aaron

Watched some matches here and there. Feels like they were getting rid of the weak players, so tomorrow should be pretty great.

Syf

Banned
Only complaint is we still get these huge gaps with nothing. A countdown clock that counts down for 5 minutes is just telling your viewers to turn the stream off. Hopefully one day SC2 tournaments can get past this.
Yeah. Even if they just throw together some quick highlight packs like proleague does, that's better than a timer over an otherwise static screen.

Striek

Skimmed the day one redbull vods. Catz is such a bitchass lol, choosing random until he gets terran (which he is clearly fucking awful with), goes 1-1 against some no name diamond player then changes back to zerg for the ace match. If your going to BM or try and show your prowess against a lowbie don't pussy out when its actually on the line.

Striek

Oh I don't mind Catz, I watch his stream sometimes, hes easily one of the most personable and interesting foreigners even if he isn't top-tier. But that was just such a lamewad thing to do.

Oh I don't mind Catz, I watch his stream sometimes, hes easily one of the most personable and interesting foreigners even if he isn't top-tier. But that was just such a lamewad thing to do.

Kind of unnecessary too as he has enough wild builds up his sleeve to do something highly entertaining without trying to make a fool of his opponent. Agreed that his stream can be quite entertaining, it would be fun to see a player with a bit of personality and flair like himself actually perform at some point.

Edit: Aww shit bunny could have taken the series in that game. Hopefully he can bring it in game 3!

Syf

Banned
Some raised supply depots and not losing reinforcements to bad rallies might have made the difference in that game for Bunny.

Some raised supply depots and not losing reinforcements to bad rallies might have made the difference in that game for Bunny.

Some manned bunkers might have helped as well. I know it's a commitment but hyun was making a significant commitment to those runbys, you can't really afford to not leave any defense. Especially at the 3rd you simply need a bunker up.

Pretty impressive performance and he could definitely have taken that series against the player ranked like number 1 in WCS points. Only crap thing is that's another chance blown to get a foreigner to blizzcon :(.

Edit: Time for bed, damn australian timezone. Redbull and WCS EU, so much SC2 tonight O.O.

Some manned bunkers might have helped as well. I know it's a commitment but hyun was making a significant commitment to those runbys, you can't really afford to not leave any defense. Especially at the 3rd you simply need a bunker up.

Pretty impressive performance and he could definitely have taken that series against the player ranked like number 1 in WCS points. Only crap thing is that's another chance blown to get a foreigner to blizzcon :(.

Edit: Time for bed, damn australian timezone. Redbull and WCS EU, so much SC2 tonight O.O.

After the first one worked he kept doing the same thing over and over and Bunny didn't change anything up.

kasane

Jaedong got rekt again

Lmao there is no way he can win at iem now.

This is what happens when you betray your mothrtland for an inferior starcraft country

KappaHD

Really fun ZvZ there. Hoping for a snute or pertraus victory but would settle for Taeja or Polt :p.

Does anyone know how the final in Washington works? On liquipedia it says only 8 players get to compete but there is already 8 players announced with another to come from this tournament so i don't get it.

Awesome series, i feel like hyun should have had that last game but it was damn close. Next series is probably the one i'm most excited for, considering staying up for one last series. Thank god for afternoon shift lol.

I see 7 players currently qualified?

Lol you're right not sure what i was looking at. Pretty amazing line-up so far.

Top Bottom