• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Love the trash talk. Redbull really have ran an awesome tournament here. I love this straight up knock out format and i love the general feel of the tournament. Lots of trash talk but it also manages to remain very light hearted. I also feel like they engage the audience quite well. Some other tournaments could learn a thing or 2 from this. Hopefully they keep this going next year.

Taeja just said this is probably the year he retires :(

With the condition of his wrists it was always going to be a matter of time. On the flip side foreign players especially in the NA region just breathed a sigh of relief lol.

Edit: God damn polt just demolished him.

kasane

tumblr_m33rqtk2RB1qjrtnlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m33rqtk2RB1qjrtnlo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m33rqtk2RB1qjrtnlo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m2ss551sNF1rtdeloo1_400.jpg

Syf

Banned
4 days, there's a couple qualifier tournament brackets to go through before the main event. Those will be worth watching with guys like Jaedong, Maru and Life playing for 4 spots in the group stage. Finishes on Sunday but times are still TBA afaik

so hyped for this tournament

CuO4NOGl.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First day at college... There right now... HEART RACING

Syf

Banned
Yeah it sucks. I dunno why they didn't at least get a terran to replace him. Now there's only one terran in the open bracket stage. Oh well, at least the group stage should still be balanced.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yep.

you were helpful though, so my subconscious still thinks you're cool.
a yoshi-flavored cereal... mmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Syf

Banned
Fuuuuuuck maru dropped out

Why

Fuuuuuuuck
Think it might be because his GSL group is only a couple days after IEM ends. Probably wants time to prepare and not be jet lagged. Flash's GSL group is four days after so hopefully he stays in...

Fuuuuuuck maru dropped out

Why

Fuuuuuuuck

On other news amazon buys twitch

Where are you staying? I have my tickets but I don't have a place to stay yet. Fuck!

The way it looks, all group stages are on Friday. I think then the quarter finals (4 games) will be on saturday and the semis/finals (3 games) will be on Sunday. Hoping it will be over by like 5:30 est.

OH! They finally have the quarters/semis/finals up:
3 quarters on Saturday. 1 quarter on sunday, 2 semis sunday, finals sunday. finals start at: 2:30, Best of 7. So that will be done by 4 probably. Perfect.
with my luck there will be delays and it will end at 6 :lol

Syf

Banned
So the gameheart integration with SC2 has been finalized, should be coming in a patch soon: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/15463641/

It's really cool that they're integrating the team color features into the main game and not just the gameheart mod. Also the new spectator UI for WCS looks fantastic:

(the bar can be adjusted to cycle through stuff like minerals, gas etc too)

The update will support team logos and better player intros as well:

Can't wait for the update to go live so we can see it all being used.

kasane

Where are you staying? I have my tickets but I don't have a place to stay yet. Fuck!

The way it looks, all group stages are on Friday. I think then the quarter finals (4 games) will be on saturday and the semis/finals (3 games) will be on Sunday. Hoping it will be over by like 5:30 est.

OH! They finally have the quarters/semis/finals up:
3 quarters on Saturday. 1 quarter on sunday, 2 semis sunday, finals sunday. finals start at: 2:30, Best of 7. So that will be done by 4 probably. Perfect.
with my luck there will be delays and it will end at 6 :lol

Hahah im mooching off my aunts house since i blew my money when i went to NYC

That reminds me i have to take the bus

Not sure when to line ip since 100k people attended last year
Edit: wait where are you from?? You booked a hotel so.

Lol

At least the convention center is 30 minutes away by bus

Damn cure, good shit man.
He won that in dominating fashion. Was actually surprising to see Zest so man handled.

After some hard times earlier in pro league cure has really been doing great lately and qualifers and now GSL. Quite an underrated player, i thought he had a good chance tonight but it's quite an effort to get past zest and soulkey.

Hahah im mooching off my aunts house since i blew my money when i went to NYC

That reminds me i have to take the bus

Not sure when to line ip since 100k people attended last year
Edit: wait where are you from?? You booked a hotel so.

Lol

At least the convention center is 30 minutes away by bus

Buffalo, NY I don't feel like driving 90 minutes back and forth.

I guess I have to line up at north hall to get my tickets as I'm doing will call (north hall?). It's going to take me a long time I think. Hope I don't miss anything on Saturday. I'm a block from the convention center so I'm going to see if I can leave my car there after I check out of the hotel on Sunday and then just speed home to get home by like 6pm est or so.

Syf

Banned
Blizzard/Twitch giving away one month subscriptions to Twitch Turbo, and all you gotta do is reach level 5 in the upcoming PTR test of the gameheart features

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/15381552/public-test-realm-patch-214-8-27-2014

Prizes for participation

To all players who reach level 5 on the PTR:
A one month subscription for Twitch Turbo

To 50 random players who reach level 5 on the PTR:
A Twitch subscription for WCS EU/AM

To one random player who reaches level 5 on PTR:
A pair (2) of 2014 BlizzCon tickets

Top Bottom