• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
lol

g3enco3.gif

Whoa, didn't realize this is being hosted in an NHL arena. Good thing LoL will be there too.

Guys.

I'm hooked. IEM Toronto was awesome. Talked to a friend in the Bay Area, thinking of going to IEM San Jose. I'm a bit of a LoL fan too, she's really not into LoL though. Either way, if i can get off, it will be awesome :D

Syf

Banned
Life just posted he's attending dreamhack stockholm, should be able to lock up his blizzcon spot as long as he plays well. Really interested in seeing the final lineup. Lots of good players should be going to this one with it being one of the last chances to earn some points.

survivor

Banned
Installed SC2 again today, switched to Protoss and tried it out for few hours, but I can't, switching back to Terran. pls forgive me Flash for falling to temptations

I'm so bad at this game. I'm so far 1-3 in my placement matches as Random. Considering swapping to Zerg to get a feel for one race before going back to Random. Haven't played ladder since 4v4 Random years ago. Looking back, it seems like I'm just floating too many minerals and not putting any pressure on my opponents.

I'm enjoying it all so far though despite the losses. My one win was an accidental Zergling rush; sent out 4 lings to scout and found a base with no Marines. Killed some workers and just kept sending lings and ended up winning. Turned out he made a Marine or two but had sent them scouting I guess leaving his base defenseless.

Syf

Banned
for the first time in over a year, there's gonna be a terran in the code S final

plzzz give us Innovation vs soO

Sinfamy

So I started playing this game a lot more now, I'm 4th place in bronze. Lost like 35 matches won like 29, not bad for me.
I can only play Terran, however I loose nearly every time to protoss, they just put a pylon near my base and start spamming turrets :c

for the first time in over a year, there's gonna be a terran in the code S final

plzzz give us Innovation vs soO

I'm hoping for cure vs anyone. At the start of GSL i thought he had a real good shot and i just love how he plays. I think he is probably my favourite player to watch at the moment. Best of all he looks damn near unbeatable against toss so at least if the final is a TvP he's got a great chance.

I'm so bad at this game. I'm so far 1-3 in my placement matches as Random. Considering swapping to Zerg to get a feel for one race before going back to Random. Haven't played ladder since 4v4 Random years ago. Looking back, it seems like I'm just floating too many minerals and not putting any pressure on my opponents.

I'm enjoying it all so far though despite the losses. My one win was an accidental Zergling rush; sent out 4 lings to scout and found a base with no Marines. Killed some workers and just kept sending lings and ended up winning. Turned out he made a Marine or two but had sent them scouting I guess leaving his base defenseless.

Whilst i love playing random i'd probably recommend starting out just with one race. Learn a handful of early build orders and really get your timing down, focus on keeping your minerals low. It will be much easier to work on the basics with just one race. If you want any specific advice feel free to ask (posting replays can help as well). There are plenty of people on here who can give you advice.

So I started playing this game a lot more now, I'm 4th place in bronze. Lost like 35 matches won like 29, not bad for me.
I can only play Terran, however I loose nearly every time to protoss, they just put a pylon near my base and start spamming turrets :c

How close are they building the cannons? If they're just massing them outside of your base i'd probably just slowly work up to siege tanks to break out. Make sure you put a bunker down so that they can't keep moving forward with the cannons.

If they're doing it inside your base then you need to pull scv's. First of all make sure one is attacking the probe, most people at your level will struggle to multitask and having that scv chasing them will make things much harder. Then just put a few scv's to attack any buildings he puts down. If possible maybe even try to block him from putting them down with your own scvs.

Most important of all in both situations is to make sure you don't get too caught up focusing on the cannons. Keep working towards getting your barracks up, getting marines out (and possibly a bunker) and forcing him out.

Also don't forget that your CC can fly, if he is building masses of cannons you can potentially lift off and go somewhere else. It's not ideal but i think it could work at your level fairly well.

Just remember not to panic, if they're massing cannons outside of your base then they're probably sacrificing economy and tech to do so.

Syf

Banned
I'm hoping for cure vs anyone. At the start of GSL i thought he had a real good shot and i just love how he plays. I think he is probably my favourite player to watch at the moment. Best of all he looks damn near unbeatable against toss so at least if the final is a TvP he's got a great chance.
yeah I do like cure a lot too, but I want inno vs soo because they both still have shots at blizzcon lol. Innovation winning with soo in second would be ideal for me because they'd both probably make it then.

Hopefully pigbaby and Jaedong lose today, neither of them deserve a blizzcon spot.

Edit: Would love to see a zerg baneling bust in this situation, protoss players rarely prepare for that. Even in this case pigbaby just sat on one sentry which simply isn't enough. It's also very hard to scout because speedlings are on the map. It's not a good strat but i think it could definitely work.

EG isn't always a curse, when they buy a good player like Stephano they can still get results. Hey even huk managed to get through this round in WCS AM!

Jaedong just hasn't coped with leaving the Korean system for training imo. Some Koreans like Hyun and MC seem to thrive in that environment and even seem to look better. Jaedong really needs to go back there imo. It's sad seeing him in this shape.

Edit: The power of scv's :p.

Build a raven pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. He even had the tech lab on to make a banshee.

Top Bottom