• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Tekniqs

after watching bomber vs scarlett/jaedong...i tried doing his 'stream of marines and mines'....i got SCRAPED every time I tried it lol

SamuraiX-

Naniwa back in premier league..

I'm curious to go back and watch the games to see how many times Nerchio gg'd.

WCS America Day 1 Challenger: http://www.twitch.tv/wcs_america

qxc vs Kane up first. Two of the Top 5 NA players, imo. Shame only one can make it into Premier. qxc will take an indefinite break from SC2 if he doesn't make it.

Edit: Kane 3-0. His ZvT is SCARY fucking good. He event 2-1'd Polt to make Challenger. Great late game macro along with ability to defend against early game timings.

qxc definitely felt the heat.

iWseAgBHqXcTP.png

He said "gg and goodbye" in the last game. Hopefully he'll be back when LotV is released.

Syf

Banned
Sucks to see him taking a break just when Blizzard made it possible for foreign players to have a solid chance in WCS. I mean look at the country and race representation for premier league right now, think there's only one Korean so far and near perfect race balance.

Come quickly LotV beta!

SamuraiX-

Damn, expected Semper to take at least one map. Never heard about him until now but he did 2-0 Drunkenboi, a solid NA Terran, to qualify for Challenger.

I think Astrea could give Scarlett some real trouble. A very talented up and coming Protoss player. He also 2-1'd Scarlett in the second qualifier to make it to Challenger.

Edit: Also, just watched the NaNiwa vs Nerchio VOD. Seriously surprised that Nerchio gg'd every game and even typed "gg gl" in the last game. NaNiwa showed more ragequit with just a "G" in the first game that Nerchio took. lol

SamuraiX-

Yeah.. right after I call him smart he goes and does that lol

And then he realized "yo, fuck Swarm Hosts" and kills Scarlett before she gets to a critical mass in Game 5. Shame that Scarlett won't be in Premier but we already have enough Swarm Host whores in there with Snute and FireCake so that's kinda ok with me.

Huge congrats to Astrea.

And like you said, great race distribution so far. Looking at the last day of Challenger matches tomorrow, Zerg will most likely have the greatest representation in Premier this season. MaSa and Xenocider could definitely give Hydra and viOLet a run for their money though.

I wonder if anybody will be able to put a stop to an inevitable Polt vs ForGG grand final. lol

Smart or not, he knocked Scarlett out of WCS.

She's looked really out of practice in the last half of 2014. Passion dead. ;_;

SamuraiX-

Great list of matches too!

RErVjy9.png

Arguably all of these guys should be in Premier so each series should be quite a battle.

My predictions: HuK in 4, Hydra in 5, Xenocider in 5 (potential for upset), Suppy in 4.

survivor

Banned
State needs to qualify today. All that Korean training and he has yet to accomplish anything notable.

Otherwise mostly rooting for Hydra.

SamuraiX-

HuK straight up threw Game 2 as far as I'm concerned so close enough. :p

Really close series though. State makes a lot of questionable decisions regarding his engagements that he seems to want to back out on at the last minute and it costs him dearly.

SamuraiX-

How the fuck does a drawing for Group B even happen? lol

rip serral

Group A is pretty stacked too.

All the rest of the groups look pretty well balanced. Should be fun watching all the NA and EU players duke it out.

Tekniqs

when do they start the PL?

edit: and what other leagues are there? I don't see MMA/Bomber/Jaedong and all them on there. What league are they playing in?

matter of fact, can anyone explain how WCS/PL work? lol

Syf

Banned
when do they start the PL?

edit: and what other leagues are there? I don't see MMA/Bomber/Jaedong and all them on there. What league are they playing in?

matter of fact, can anyone explain how WCS/PL work? lol
This year the players are separated more by region because Blizzard made it a requirement to be a legal resident of the region you're entering in. Basically WCS is separated into three main leagues: premier league, GSL and Starleague. GSL and Starleague are based in Korea and that's where you'll find most of the top players. Premier league is for the rest of the world and takes qualified players from 6 different regions. Each of those three leagues awards WCS points. Players can also earn WCS points from separate tournaments throughout the year like IEM and Dreamhack. At the end of the year, the 16 players with the most points earn a spot at the global finals at BlizzCon.

And they don't have a set start date for premier league yet. Think they just said sometime in February.

Here's the standings page too: http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/standings

I don't see MMA/Bomber/Jaedong and all them on there. What league are they playing in?

As for those specific players, both MMA and Bomber have qualified for GSL Code S. They're both playing this week in fact, MMA on Wednesday and Bomber on Friday.

Jaedong didn't even try to qualify for any league this season, I don't know what he's doing.

SamuraiX-

Terran need to 5 Rax Protoss way more often. Almost every TvP game I've seen lately has been Protoss going 2 base double Forge.

Yeah, not sure when Factory plays in TvP started getting more popular than good old bio production. It's nice to have variety but also sad to see Terran throw away a winnable game because they couldn't get any damage done with Hellions or Banshees and then didn't have enough bio to defend against the counter push.

survivor

Banned
Nice, KT managed to win today, was really worried they would blow their chance of making the playoffs by losing. Now they really gotta win their next match.

Syf

Banned
Yeah different game but from what I'm reading she was a good player in WC3 DotA, and she seemed to make a good impression when she was invited for some Dota 2 games last week. She's very talented mechanically. Once she learns Dota 2 I don't really see what would hold her back as an individual. Maybe Acer will put some money into starting a decent team.

Syf

Banned
Yeah Prime has been playing better, it's good to see.

IEM Taipei open bracket matches start in two hours btw. Some very good zergs on tonight.

Not sure why Zerg keep going Muta's in ZvZ. It's only good if it's unscouted and you can get a bunch of Drone kills before Spores are up.

Stupid of DRG to try that build twice.

Top Bottom