• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Soulkey played that first game about as well as he could. Great army movement and using his lings for scouting and deny Rain's third. Unfortunate that he couldn't scout the Dark Shrine and ended up losing his third because of it but I don't see this being a one-sided series. Should go to 5 games.

calder

I'm watching at my PC, which is pretty rare for me as I usually watch on iPad or Chromecast, and holy shit way to make me regret my principled "no adblock on sites I use a lot" stance Twitch. Just had like 5 Special K commercials in a row, which really hurt a bit more as this is literally the only commercial I've seen the past hour or so. I've just seen it about 10-12 times.

Come on Twitch, sell some fucking ads. And maybe figure out a way to sell ads that are even slightly demographically appropriate, it's nothing but kitchen cleaning products and health food marketed to women. Whoever sold that ad inventory must be a fucking magician.

calder

Didn't realize how many Corruptor's Soulkey had at the end. Thought Rain would hold until I saw how many.
Yeah, it was really surprising to me too somehow. Paid too much attention to the zealot harass I guess, it looked like Rain was doing so much economic damage for so long then lol no here's a shit ton of Zerg.

Lethe82

Banned
So I've work almost 40 hours of overtime for the month of January, thankfully my company is giving us all some mandatory time off as thanks
to erase the net impact of our earned overtime income) during the first half of February.

Well at least I can get back into SCII a bit!

SamuraiX-

Going back and watching the IEM matches I missed.

PartinG vs Classic was ridiculous. PartinG's micro is fantastic. Classic threw away Game 2 pretty hard. Game 3 was a fantastic back and forth slugfest. That was legitimately a very enjoyable game of PvP. PartinG is so ridiculously BM. lol

"Because he (Classic) fucking noob. 100% noob. Easy money. Easy win." - PartinG 2015

Life vs HyuN was fun as well. Game 3 is definitely best to watch in the match. HyuN kept up with Life most of the games but you can just see the difference in game sense, instincts, reads, reactionary play, etc. in Life is just on another level. Life's ling scouting was solid as always. Sending all his lings to destroy HyuN's economy in Game 2 while holding his Roach push back at his base just in time for Mutas to get out. Staying in it in Game 3 when he was constantly down in upgrades. The spore cancel trick to sneak out 28 Banelings that obliterated HyuN's Roach count. And of course the impeccable micro and scouting to shutdown HyuN's scary looking early ling aggression and cruise to closeout win in Game 4.

Those first two matches were about as fun as PvP and ZvZ gets.

Maru vs herO Game 1. I can't even believe how well Maru played this game. Unbelievable efficiency. Perfect bunker pushing with his 2 Rax and leaving a last bunker at herO's natural to deny his expo until the 9 minute mark. Pulled back and expanded immediately after doing enough damage. Fantastic bunker placement at his main to completely deny herO's Blink followup. Siege'd up herO's natural with the classic spot for the double tanks. And then I lost count at how many times he denied herO's 3rd while constantly dropping his main picking off probes, tech and Colossi. Maru was doing anything and everything in that game and he executed it all phenomenally well. And of course in Game 2, Maru's unit control is just so good. Spreading Vikings as much as possible to mitigate the effectiveness of storms. Picking up Ghosts in Medivacs to keep his high cost units alive. Hopefully Maru sticks with 3 Rax openings in TvP. He's just so good at it and 1-1-1 feels like instant loss if you can't get any damage done with it.

SamuraiX-

HERE WE GO BOYZ!

GSL Season 1 Semifinals - Part 1 ;D

lgnbJjk.png

http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_sc2

calder

Woo lets go this should be great. I really need something to take my mind from some really painful stuff IRL that happened tonight :(

... well non E sports sports painful stuff ;(

Fucking sweet, holy shit I love cannon rushes.

SamuraiX-

Good lord, Life is too damn good. Fuck yo cannon rushes, clown.

LOL PartinG's face after that ass stomp xD

Woo lets go this should be great. I really need something to take my mind from some really painful stuff IRL that happened tonight :(

... well non E sports sports painful stuff ;(

Sorry to hear that, man. Whatever it is, hope things get better soon.

calder

Sorry to hear that, man. Whatever it is, hope things get better soon.

Lol sorry dude, it's really nothing important at all I was just being whiny and realized IEM was starting so thought hey good timing. Thanks for the kindness though, <3 Starcraft fans forever.

Those banes were sick, you can just tell how many thousands of high level ladder games these guys have played based on the way they can just adapt to cheese so easily.

SamuraiX-

If I was Life, I would've immediately started a Hatchery at the gold when realizing that ling/bane attack failed. He's completely boned either way at this point.

Lol sorry dude, it's really nothing important at all I was just being whiny and realized IEM was starting so thought hey good timing. Thanks for the kindness though, <3 Starcraft fans forever.

<3 ^.^

calder

I love cheese. Really, the one thing I miss about early SC2 were the bullshit small maps that made one base stuff so common. I Ike big macro games but I think it's a better game when there are at least a few maps in the pool that work against getting an easy expo and let's start fighting 10 minutes in.

SamuraiX-

PartinG needs to stick to cheeses and two bases timings.

He looks absolutely clueless in late game PvZ. It took him like 30 minutes to figure out to use Oracles for envision so Tempests can snipe Corruptors.

Meanwhile, it only took Life like 2 or 3 months to master late game ZvP when in the very recent past he looked like a chobo with Swarm Hosts. This kid just turned 18. He's still playing at such an elite level today after a late night of hitting up the town and partying in Taipei. I'm so happy we'll get to see him dominate the game for many, many more years to come.

The dream grand final: Maru vs Life

B E L I E V E

:O

Almost felt like Parting never played late game against Swarm Hosts. Going mass Tempests is only good for clearing out static defense. You need Void Rays to actually kill off the Corruptor's.

SamuraiX-

"PartinG, I wish you would practice more and be a better player next time" - Life 2015

This is after PartinG told everyone in an earlier winner's interview that he takes these tournaments very seriously and practices very hard just prior to competing in them.

Life = grand master troll

"PartinG, I wish you would practice more and be a better player next time" - Life 2015

This is after PartinG told everyone in an earlier winner's interview that he takes these tournaments very seriously and practices very hard just prior to competing in them.

Life = grand master troll

That was gold. :D

Go go Maru!

survivor

Banned
I wanna see a Maru - Life finals, but I also want Soulkey to do well. Fuck, why couldn't he be in the top bracket so we could have gotten Maru - Soulkey finals.

SamuraiX-

"I disagree with the desk. I actually think Maru is gonna take this. What say you, ToD?" - Maynarde

"I think you play Terran and I think everyone knows that and I think nobody is surprised with your pick." - ToD

*death stare*

"That's a very interesting theory-shut up." - Maynarde

XFD

The comedy between these guys at IEM events is always the best.

SamuraiX-

Soulkey sent an early drone scout almost every game against Rain as well.

Looks like Maru didn't do enough homework.

Edit: What the hell was that. lol

Soulkey forgot how to micro your drones against Hellions.

Game pretty much events out now.

SamuraiX-

Maru's macro and multitasking is stuff of Zerg nightmares.

Soulkey played so well in that second game and none of it mattered. He was constantly down by 30-40 supply and always 1-2 upgrades behind.

SamuraiX-

Damn, finally Soulkey takes a map. He was dominating Maru even off of creep that game. Next map is Catallena. Soulkey could very easily push this to 5 games as long as he's able to deal with all the drop play Maru is sure to go for on this map.

Top Bottom