• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Leenock :(

https://twitter.com/ApolloSC2/status/560345854809083904

B8a_kR-CIAANd4S.jpg

I was super hyped that Soulkey qualified but... not like this... not like this...... ;_;

Edit: Aw, man. Brutal way to go out for Snute too. Just couldn't get any connections with the Banelings. Really well played by Check to go on the counter attack and picking off the Banes with single lings.

Sen and Harstem are the only foreign hopes.

Just realized that Group A is stacked as fuck too. Polt, herO and HyuN and then ForGG, Life and Soulkey in Group C. Should be a fantastic group stage.

God damn what an asskicking by Dark. MMA opened with the greediest build Terran can do and something I haven't seen in a long time and still couldn't keep up with Dark's macro.

Seed with the worst Blinks I have ever seen.

SamuraiX-

Not at all surprised that herO cruised through the group.

Polt vs HyuN should be good. Well played by HyuN not to spread his Overlords out knowing that Polt usually likes to pop out a single Viking to pick them off.

I feel like going 1-1-1 into fast 3rd CC against a player who loves Roach aggression probably isn't the best idea. -_-

Edit: Disappointing ending for Polt. HyuN is on top of his game right now and Polt never seemed sure of what build/strategy he wanted to do.

ForGG and Maru only Terran hopes left. ;_;

SamuraiX-

Not sure why people are saying SHs would be OP because the locusts can fly now and have a fraction of increased DPS. Their movement speed while flying is slow as shit and they'll never have a chance to freely just chill and siege up a location with the new 60 second spawn locusts cooldown timer.

Really excited to see these new changes make it in ASAP. The lower frequency of free units on the map, the better.

Still think Raven PDD 180 -> 20 second duration is way overkill, especially when they still cost 100 energy each. At least go to like 60 or 45 seconds first. I guess with the +60 second duration from durable materials, it evens out.

IEM Tapei Group C in 3 hours.

dexp1JR.png

:O

Syf

Banned
I like what they're going for with the design, seems like a better unit from the game I just played and watching the showmatches on Nathanias' stream. The 60 second spawn timer is the big thing that people are missing, they don't seem to be OP from what I can see right now, just good for harassment. I think they might be too expensive though. 100/200 seems expensive for the role they serve now.

Stream for showmatches: http://www.twitch.tv/nathanias

SamuraiX-

Yeah, doubling the gas cost means we definitely won't be seeing anymore quick tech to SHs if these changes go through. I'm totally ok with Zergs only investing in SHs when things get to the middle stages of the late game and players have like 2k/2k banks.

Here's to no more 3-4 hour mined out 50 APM games.

Syf

Banned
I just wonder what zerg can do now vs deathballs. ZvT should be fun to watch but ZvP might be more broken. Tempests could be stronger in PvT now with the hard nerf to PDD as well. I hope they test this for a while before making it live. But first impression is good. SH needed to be redone.

I just wonder what zerg can do now vs deathballs. ZvT should be fun to watch but ZvP might be more broken. Tempests could be stronger in PvT now with the hard nerf to PDD as well. I hope they test this for a while before making it live. But first impression is good. SH needed to be redone.

Zerg will probably have to rely of Ravagers to kill Protoss deathballs. The Immortal change might make Ultralisks more viable, but the Tempest ability nearly being able to kill one by itself is stupid. The new gas cost for Swarm Hosts is way too much. Makes it impossible to make many outside of late game. For PvT Tempests not being able to air makes Sky Terran more viable even with the PDD nerf (which is a bit too much unless they remove it sucking more energy from Ravens). Also Mech can just repair through the Tempest ability.

Tekniqs

yo ForGG the Mike Ross of the Starcraft scene? we believe ForGG!

edit: errrr the group stage is best of 3 only?

edit2: lol Life with the shit talking!

SamuraiX-

That was pretty terrible.

PartinG's winners interview is interesting. He said he already knew Maru would try some cheesy, all-in bullshit in Game 2 because he always does when he feels like he can't win a series. lol

Maru should still be able to make quick work of TRUE or Hydra, at least.

What a sick list of names in the quarterfinals. I really hope herO let's somebody else take the trophy home this time.

SamuraiX-

Some sexy matches in the quarters:

wEKtqIs.png

Hopefully PartinG can take out Classic. Life's ZvZ has been solid lately so he should be able to knock out HyuN in 3 or 4 games. herO vs Maru is eeeehhh I'll be impressed if Maru doesn't get 3-0'd. His TvP has looked very meh. Rain vs Soulkey is hype as fuck. I actually have no idea who might come out of it... hopefully it goes to 5!

I got PartinG vs Life and herO vs Rain semis. Life vs Rain grand final. Life wins it all. :D

SamuraiX-

Life vs Parting would be fun. Rain vs herO would be cool as if I remember right Rain beat herO in the ace match in Proleague playoffs last year.

Not to mention herO came back from being down 1-3 vs Rain in the grand final of IEM San Jose to take the championship. Quite a little rivalry starting to develop between them.

GSL final Ro32 group going out with a bang of 3 sexy Terrans:

qT01Jkw.png

http://www.twitch.tv/gsl

GO GET IT, BOMBER!!

I'll only be able to stay up for Bomber vs TY. Hopefully it delivers.

Fantastic race distribution for the Ro16.

Edit: Game 1 was a great back and forth. Game 2 was wtf. I don't understand why Bomber didn't pull SCVs to deal with the drop. His TvT is way better than that. Pretty disappointed overall. He hasn't participated in Proleague since the first week to practice for GSL (my guess), so he better at least make it to the decider match. :(

Dammit IEM, I really hate when the spectator HUD doesn't have separate listings for worker and army supplies. This is important information.

Also sad to see ForGG just throwing his games against San like that. :\

SamuraiX-

Sick intense micro battle to open up Game 4.

Maru is seriously impressing me being able to keep up with herO like this.

Even though people seemingly hate Secret Spring, it's produced some of the best games since its been introduced in the map pool. That incredibly short rush distance makes early game a lot more volatile.

Man, wtf is it with these in-game text spammers? How does this keep happening?

calder

ESL really need to get their shit together with this chat spam, this is pretty embarrassing.

Yeah what's happening with that? Think I saw that happen once in DH but that's it, but it seems to be happening a lot in iem. Is it something they are doing wrong? Is it a bug in SC2?

Syf

Banned
I heard it's an exploit with the way Blizzard designed the lobbies, these spammers are able to join the games without being invited or anything. They should be looking into it because that's embarrassing for everyone involved.

SamuraiX-

BASED MARU

Unreal. He's been struggling with TvP so much lately. After getting destroyed by PartinG yesterday, he looked like a completely different player today.

So glad herO is out. He has enough IEM titles. lol

I'm totally ok with PartinG, Life, Maru, Rain or Soulkey taking it. Love all those guys.

I heard it's an exploit with the way Blizzard designed the lobbies, these spammers are able to join the games without being invited or anything. They should be looking into it because that's embarrassing for everyone involved.

That really is embarrassing. How has that been overlooked for so long?

Syf

Banned
That really is embarrassing. How has that been overlooked for so long?
Seems like it was just discovered, I know I haven't seen spam like this in game before. Hopefully they'll patch it quick.

Anyway that was great play from Maru, very fun series.

survivor

Banned
yes Maru, thank god he won

Yeah what's happening with that? Think I saw that happen once in DH but that's it, but it seems to be happening a lot in iem. Is it something they are doing wrong? Is it a bug in SC2?

I think it's something with how lobbies work and friends of people you invite to the game.

SamuraiX-

It's actually insane that herO lost a Bo5 to a Terran.

I mean, look at this shit: http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/deta...games&league=standard&vs=T#tblt-2987-1-1-DESC

He has a 27-7 record in PvT since September of last year. And most of those names include the best of the best Terrans in the world. I remember INno and MKP were the only two to actually make him look mortal in the matchup during the Hot6 Cup.

Seems like it was just discovered, I know I haven't seen spam like this in game before. Hopefully they'll patch it quick.

Ah, ok. I feel like it's been happening for quite a few months. I guess they didn't take it seriously enough to investigate it before.

Top Bottom