• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Maru is so fucking OP right now.

That early game Repear micro.

That sick hold of Soulkey's Roach/Bane attack.

That elevator drop aggression.

That INSANE macro.

Maru and Life both look like they're at the top of their games right now. This grand final has GOT to go to 7 games.

Syf

Banned
Maru is so fucking OP right now.

That early game Repear micro.

That sick hold of Soulkey's Roach/Bane attack.

That elevator drop aggression.

That INSANE macro.

Maru and Life both look like they're at the top of their games right now. This grand final has GOT to go to 7 games.
I think this is gonna be a finals of maybe the two best micro players in the game right now

SamuraiX-

I think this is gonna be a finals of maybe the two best micro players in the game right now

Normally, I would bring up names like TaeJa, Zest, sOs, Polt, Bomber, etc. to counter that, but yeah, at this point in time, best in the world micro Terran vs best in the world micro Zerg grand final about to go down.

Here's hoping for early-mid game heavy aggression in all the games.
i1xehtO.png

Of course, their macro and late game styles also look incredibly solid right now so however it goes down, we all win. :D

survivor

Banned
Maynarde is pretty good caster. Wish ESL can bring him over to at least do some WCS challenger stuff for EU to replace whoever the fuck has been doing them for past year.

SamuraiX-

Maynarde is pretty good caster. Wish ESL can bring him over to at least do some WCS challenger stuff for EU to replace whoever the fuck has been doing them for past year.

Yeah, Maynadre is an absolute boss.

Madals and PengWin have done a magnificent job of shitting up the casting and production for Challenger. They probably only get the opportunity because they're locals and they're probably doing it for dirt cheap pay.

survivor

Banned
Yeah, Maynadre is an absolute boss.

Madals and PengWin have done a magnificent job of shitting up the casting and production for Challenger. They probably only get the opportunity because they're locals and they're probably doing it for dirt cheap pay.

I really cannot stand Madals voice. I mean I don't particularly think his analysis is terrible or what not, but I just can't listen to him casting for more than 5 mins.

SamuraiX-

I really cannot stand Madals voice. I mean I don't particularly think his analysis is terrible or what not, but I just can't listen to him casting for more than 5 mins.

Yep, I'm barely able to bear through his casts.

Game 1 is already opening up like chess match.

SamuraiX-

Yeah, I was picking my jaw up off the floor for the entirety of that game.

TvZ all day, er day
i1xehtO.png

Great gamble for Maru grab the gold as his 3rd.

I'll say it again: fuck the haters. Secret Spring delivering some of the funnest games out of the pool of new maps.

SamuraiX-

Even on 4 base economies, these two were barely going over 300/300 mineral/gas income.

I can't take this shit.

This grand final is delivering like no other so far.

SamuraiX-

Maru's macro, micro and multiasking is just too godly right now. He's an all-around, complete beast and in perfect form today. Any other Terran in the world would've been slapped down by Life right now. He needs Maru to make at least one critical mistake, but it's just not happening.

I don't think I've ever seen a Terran able to stay even or ahead in supply with a Zerg like Maru has consistently done in every TvZ today.

calder

Oh Maru. :( Just really gave it away in game 7 there, so greedy. And then a few little mistakes snowball to that bronze-tier wall off lol.

Great series though, instant classic.

SamuraiX-

Remember IEM Taipei 2015.

LIFE

FINDS

A

WAY

I LOVE STARCRAFT

I LOVE YOU ALL

What a final, man. There wasn't a single dull game in the entire series. And Life no question deserves it. To regain his composure and come back from 3-1 down.

Huge props to Maru though. Played his absolute heart about. Haven't seen him this strong since GSL Season 2 2013.

We're in for a ride for Katowice. TaeJa, Solar, Flash, Zest, herO, Rain, Maru and Life all attending. Not to mention whatever other players are invited. We're in for a damn treat.

SamuraiX-

Some sexy matches in the quarters:

wEKtqIs.png

Hopefully PartinG can take out Classic. Life's ZvZ has been solid lately so he should be able to knock out HyuN in 3 or 4 games. herO vs Maru is eeeehhh I'll be impressed if Maru doesn't get 3-0'd. His TvP has looked very meh. Rain vs Soulkey is hype as fuck. I actually have no idea who might come out of it... hopefully it goes to 5!

I got PartinG vs Life and herO vs Rain semis. Life vs Rain grand final. Life wins it all. :D

Botched my prediction for the second semifinal but I'll still brag about my champion prediction.

JUST CALL ME SAMURAISTRADAMUS

bYkoWqU.png

Mumei

Remember IEM Taipei 2015.

LIFE

FINDS

A

WAY

I LOVE STARCRAFT

I LOVE YOU ALL

What a final, man. There wasn't a single dull game in the entire series. And Life no question deserves it. To regain his composure and come back from 3-1 down.

Huge props to Maru though. Played his absolute heart about. Haven't seen him this strong since GSL Season 2 2013.

We're in for a ride for Katowice. TaeJa, Solar, Flash, Zest, herO, Rain, Maru and Life all attending. Not to mention whatever other players are invited. We're in for a damn treat.

post-27836-Life-Finds-a-Way-gif-HD-Uh-Jef-kSiB.gif

Great finals. <3

SamuraiX-

ZudrUUt.png

bYkoWqU.png

A4BPBKo.png

I guess referring to Maru not completing his wall in the last game with an extra supply depot.

Technically he only lost out on $6,000, but yeah. :p

Catching up on the last series. Can't believe Maru screwed up on his wall. I generally hate 2 base Spire builds but Life fully saturated his bases fast even with losing some Drones to Reapers and Hellions. Think Life would have won that game faster if he skipped Spire and only went Ling/Baneling. He also stayed on gas after speed and had one of the quickest Lairs I've seen a pro have.

Kind of amazing how GSL round of 32 almost went exactly as expected. Of the 16 still alive only 3 of them I wasn't expecting to make it: Yoda over San (although I don't watch WCS EU much), Dream over Bomber, and Terminator over Taeja.

Top Bottom