• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Wow no way I ever anticipated Dark 3-0'ing Maru. It looks like that Zerg hope is alive and well. That'd be awesome if he won the whole thing. Also can't believe herO only took one map off of Bbyong. wtf

The first three names in the semifinals are the least likely people anyone expected to be there: Trap, Dark and Bbyong.

I expect INnoVation will be the fourth player to join them.

calder

How did Game 2 end so fast? I left for maybe 5 minutes when it started. Wtf happened?

Zest went for a one base blink all in that almost worked, but Inno ran his reaper back to the probe line then Zest apparently took his eyes off the battle at Inno's base to react and lost a few stalkers before the real attack began. Then Inno was able to rather easily hold off the blink attack.

SamuraiX-

Zest went for a one base blink all in that almost worked, but Inno ran his reaper back to the probe line then Zest apparently took his eyes off the battle at Inno's base to react and lost a few stalkers before the real attack began. Then Inno was able to rather easily hold off the blink attack.

lawl

I think Inno will proxy play here to turn the table
...i say this in jest

edit: why is immortal all in strong on this map compared to other maps?

The back rocks can be taken down very quickly with 2-3 Immortals, giving you instant access to the Terran's main.

SamuraiX-

Welp, that's one way to throw a series. INno pls

Zest pumped out 7 Colossi insanely fast.

This is a semifinals of contemporary underdogs. I don't think I had any of these guys making it this far besides maybe Dark.

SamuraiX-

LOL Zest

"Well, I just figured I was gonna lose so I sort of just played for fun without pressure."

yolo no fucks

The only way to fly. Now all the proxy plays make sense.

SamuraiX-

Dark's unit control.
k1octpV.png

Holy shit that engagement in the middle of the map with Ultras, Vipers, Infestors and Queens was incredible.

Game 1 was insanely back and forth. PvZ is actually incredibly fun to watch when Zerg can get up to tier 3 units.

SamuraiX-

Trap looking to take the title of Legend Killer at this event.

Trap trying his best to get oracles nerfed again

Were Oracles ever nerfed? I'm pretty sure they've gotten nothing but buffs since they've been introduced. Maybe one of those buffs was taken away at some point. Can't remember.

I hope Dark doesn't get knocked out by some bull shit 2-base timing in Game 4 or 5. If he goes out like he did in Game 2, I'm alright with that.

But please go easy on the Protoss bull shit, Trap.

Thought semifinals were tomorrow so I stopped watching. Sad to hear how Dark went out. Warp in changes in LotV should make Zergling run-bys better to hold off 2 base all-ins.

SamuraiX-

Why would anybody ever go 1-1-1 in TvP? For all the bull shit Protoss can pull, it's like giving your opponent a free win.

Then again, Bbyong responded horribly to those DTs. Lost a shit ton of SCVs to protect the researching cloak and then let it get denied anyway.

Zest vs Trap grand final.

Yeah, fuck this shit.

SamuraiX-

Holy shit :O

That was actually one sick hold.

#hope? ;_;

I have to lol at "What amazing micro from Zest!"

*loses all 3 Colossi with eseentially no Vikings in the sky and abusing Bbyong's main base sim city with forcefields*

That was a pretty bad throw.

Horrible Colossi micro by Zest.

Bbyong attacked way too early when he scouted the double Forge. He should have went up to 5 Rax before a 3rd CC and then hit before 1/1 finished for Zest.

SamuraiX-

I'm trying to figure out how this IEM grand final is raking in 120,000 140,000 viewers when we were barely able to crack 40,000 yesterday...........

clav

I have an acquaintance who complains to me that Protoss is underpowered and Zerg/Terran are overpowered.

Seeing another PvP finals contradicts that, and he doesn't want to talk to me any more.

Syf

Banned
Glad Zest won between the two, but I just can't bring myself to care about a pvp final. At least it was a little better than last year's I guess.

SamuraiX-

Another IEM Katowice championship, another lame ass PvP grand final. Zest just made the easiest $70,000 of his life.

Really disappointing considering how amazing all the individual IEM events were this past season.

Top Bottom