• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
Another IEM Katowice championship, another lame ass PvP grand final. Zest just made the easiest $70,000 of his life.

Really disappointing considering how amazing all the individual IEM events were this past season.
Really is a shame we got another pvp in one of the few times SC2 is getting some casual exposure thanks to the other games. It just comes across as boring and forgettable.

Aaron

Wonder if Blizzard will do something about oracles and DTs. Those two units came off as ridiculously overpowered this weekend.

I dont think oracles are fine

Those shit are like ferraris at the price of a ford

Fuck

It basically costs 300/300 to make one. They've been doing better in early game because Terran have been getting a little too cute with their builds lately. 3rax or fast Widow Mine's and they barely do any damage.

kasane

It just shows how terran options are really limited. Ill be honest i havent played in like 4 months but if you dont cut corners as terran to do some damage on toss then protoss can surely outgreed you

Also fighting late game against toss is an uphill battle

It just shows how terran options are really limited. Ill be honest i havent played in like 4 months but if you dont cut corners as terran to do some damage on toss then protoss can surely outgreed you

Also fighting late game against toss is an uphill battle

You say that like Reaper expand isn't the opening in TvZ 90% of the time.

If they'd just undo that totally unnecessary oracle speed and acceleration buff from a while ago..

The speed buff was a little unneccessary but the acceleration buff was definitely needed.

I'm trying to figure out how this IEM grand final is raking in 120,000 140,000 viewers when we were barely able to crack 40,000 yesterday...........

155 at peak. Just below blizzcon.

I hope more tournaments do it like the finals yesterday. I would love to watch 3 games finals like that.

SamuraiX-

The Adept looks like just another Protoss gimmick unit. It needs more than just a recall/blink ability.

Wow, close series between Life and herO. I look forward to the rebroadcast. Life vs PartinG is an excellent grand final though. Thank goodness not another PvP.

Dream vs Maru later this week too!

Didn't stay up for the last 2 games but neither Life or herO played that great. HerO had awful builds the first two games and Life went for one of the dumbest base trades in game 3. Don't remember the next 2 that well.

Syf

Banned
One new test map change announced today: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/16717571675

-Tempest deal +14 massive damage to air.

We felt that by removing damage to massive, Tempests simply became too weak versus Colossi. We wanted to make a damage change to Tempests that would severely change how they interact versus Brood Lords, while less-severely affecting their relationship against Colossi. Changing their massive bonus to +14 felt like a good number because it doubles the number of shots Tempests take to kill Brood Lords, while changing the relationship vs. Colossi by about 67%.

Syf

Banned
I'm still worried about zerg in ZvP when the swarm host change goes through. In LotV they'll have new units to use and likely balance changes, but they sort of need swarm host in some cases in HotS.

Hydra's need more of a defined role in ZvP. Right now they're good against Skytoss before Colossi and not much else. Blink Stalkers beat them in a straight up fight up fight with decent micro.

Protoss has been far from overpowered for some time now but I guess being salty about Protoss is pretty much a staple of SC2 at this point. Big deal we got a PvP finals, it happens. I'm not a huge fan of it but you have to accept that it's one of the possible matchups and sometimes you won't get what you want.

It's a little disappointing we didn't get a better matchup for that massive viewer count (which is awesome to see big events haven't really been pulling numbers like that for a while). It's not the end of the world.

PvP is maybe my favorite late game match up. Biggest problem that I have with Protoss and I'm sure is the biggest issue with many other people is how effective mass Blink Stalkers are in every match up. Right now in every match up almost every Protoss is going mass Blink Stalker in the mid game. The only exception lately is the rare time Protoss opens Robo in PvT.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I feel like Maru reverse engineered Dream's macro and Dream reverse engineered Maru's micro.

Edit: Match 3 - As usual, when Maru's early harassment fails, he can't recover.

.....and Match 4 - When his harassment works there is no escape.

survivor

Banned
SSL finals were fun, especially first two games. By the end though Maru was just outplaying Dream. Good to see him finally win another title after a long wait.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
R U RDY?

RhP1k.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnMXoyUqzkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJJ77Og9_vQ

SamuraiX-

Skipped my gym session tonight for this. Life and PartinG better put on a damn good show. I'll be pissed if this only goes 4 or 5 games.

SamuraiX-

2CtBAkY.png

Pretty cool that these guys used to be teammates back when they were up-and-coming and now they meet each other in a GSL final when they both appear to be at the zenith of their respective careers.

Annnnnnnd we open up Game 1 with an in-yo-base 2 gate.

Superb.

DAT SCOUT

SamuraiX-

A triple base cannon rush.

This is actually happening in a GSL final.

PartinG you crazy fuck.

DAT IN YO BASE HATCHERY FOLLOWUP LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

wtf is this game

SamuraiX-

git fuqin REKT PartinG

Life played that so phenomenally well. Expand at your FIFTH natural into Nydus into Swarm Hosts.

All on the fly.

sogud

Top Bottom