• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

That was a PvZ. Rain vs Rogue in round of 16.

Early observations from watching people stream LotV:

- Cyclone needs obvious nerfs. Already been covered in this thread.
- Disruptor's probably need a movement speed nerf while using their ability.
- Only problem with Ravager's is in ZvZ it can become a turtlefest with neither player wanting to attack into each other.
- Still haven't seen Corruptor's new ability.
- Adept could have a limit on how far their ability goes from their body.
- New Viper ability might be slightly overpowered. Haven't seen it used enough.
- Don't see the point of the improved upgrades for Zergling's and Ultralisk's at Hive.

One other random fact: Life has played 5 best-of-5's or best-of-7's in about the last month and every single one went to the last game.

SamuraiX-

That was a PvZ. Rain vs Rogue in round of 16.

My dawg!

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AMWtKv05oA&t=10m30s

Classic moment.

- Disruptor's probably need a movement speed nerf while using their ability.

I've thought about this unit regarding Protoss 2 base all ins in PvT. So before the standard strat is to force field bunkers to prevent SCVs from repairing. Now I could imagine they just send in 2-3 Disruptors and completely annihilate any bunched up SCVs trying to repair. Terran is forced to pull back and give up any bunker defense.

- Only problem with Ravager's is in ZvZ it can become a turtlefest with neither player wanting to attack into each other.

I've also thought about this. Doesn't this just completely bone Protoss when it comes to trying to hold off a Zerg 2 base all in with a standard Pylon, Gateway, Forge/Cyber Core + a Zealot wall? Obviously they used to just be able to force field the gap but now that seems obsolete.

Protoss will easily have some kind of tier 2 tech against a 2 base Ravager all-in. The bigger problem is Zerg will be able to constantly poke the Protoss wall daring them to come out. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravager's ability cooldown increased.

Wedge7

Fun night of SC2.

GSL and SSL at the same time, feels fun to watch both streams, though I'm definitely watching SSL more closely, especially with Flash tonight.

SamuraiX-

Fun night of SC2.

GSL and SSL at the same time, feels fun to watch both streams, though I'm definitely watching SSL more closely, especially with Flash tonight.

Yeah, weak lineup in the GSL tonight. Not to mention 5 pixel resolution vs high quality bitrate.

Lol Zest. 6th in WCS points, didn't even make Code A.

He was knocked out in the qualifiers by TANGTANG.

MOTHERFUCKING TANGTANG

SamuraiX-

Hey man, at least he has a chance in SSL qualifiers. Though if I remember correctly, think he got an invite into that.

Yeah, he was a Top 4 player in SPL so that got him in.

I think taking the crown at Katowice has revitalized him. Bbyong shouldn't stand a chance.

Wedge7

Ouch Flash loses 3-1. Made a lot of mistakes throughout those games, tough to watch a few times as a fan. Leenock looked good.

SamuraiX-

Hey remember WCS premier league? How the Ro32 was over a month ago? Tomorrow the Ro16 starts lol, and the grand final is on Sunday. Preview - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/481936-wcs-finals-weekend-preview-s1-2015

Just three Koreans.

I just realize they're planning to do the Ro16, quarterfinals, semifinals AND the grand final in just over 48 hours starting tomorrow... that's actually kind of fucked up. Leaves players who make it to the quarterfinals about a day at most to prepare for their matchups.

SamuraiX-

So I've been rewatching Life vs Dream from the SSL Season 1 semifinals and holy SHIT I did not realize how close Life was to making the final.

For anyone else who missed it, I highly recommend Game 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U65...YP0i2UPvPlIgAvDVGUhAbPm-&index=13&spfreload=1

Dream was dead 5 times over. Wolf and Moonglade were calling the game over so many times. Sojung was already outside of Life's booth ready to do the winner's interview. Life acted indecisive in some situations and then overconfident in others and Dream took full advantage of all of it with his insane unit control and his undying resolve.

Still need to watch Game 7.

Warp-in nerf might be a bit overkill. Saw someone warp in a ton of Zealots against a single Hydralisk and the Hydra killed 3 before they finished spawning.

SamuraiX-

Warp-in nerf might be a bit overkill. Saw someone warp in a ton of Zealots against a single Hydralisk and the Hydra killed 3 before they finished spawning.

Any weapon/armor upgrade disparities involved?

If they do decide to reduce the warp-in duration nerf, I hope it won't a significant cutback. It's always been bull shit that Protoss on a 2-base economy could just instantaneously make 8-12 Zealots or Stalkers appear from nothing right in the middle of a battle without a single care about them taking any damage.

Any weapon/armor upgrade disparities involved?

If they do decide to reduce the warp-in duration nerf, I hope it won't a significant cutback. It's always been bull shit that Protoss on a 2-base economy could just instantaneously make 8-12 Zealots or Stalkers appear from nothing right in the middle of a battle without a single care about them taking any damage.

Warping in units take 200% damage.

So much Starcraft this week. But if you don't have enough with GSL Code A, SSL Challenger, and Premier League, there's also the Copenhagen Games, a tier-3 WCS Global Event. The Round of 8 starts today at 12:00 CEST (in about 4 hours): http://www.twitch.tv/CopenhagenGamesSC2

8tz3TRk.png

PartinG raking in that money and points from small Euro tourneys.

SamuraiX-

Starts just half an hour after GSL Code A and SSL Challenge. lol wow

I think Rain and FanTaSy will give PartinG a real run for his money. Assuming they're in decent shape.

Syf

Banned
you know as broken as cyclone is, it is hilarious seeing oracles (and every other toss early aggression) get totally rekt by it

One thing I already very much like from watching LOTV games is the amount of base building going on. Making for a lot of very dynamic games.

That'll probably slow down once people play more. No one has figured out the timing to get additional production buildings and have instead been spending their excessive minerals on more bases.

Syf

Banned
I like it too. Hope Blizzard will make further adjustments to support that kind of play if players do start to get away from it once builds are narrowed down

Easy fix for Siege Tank drops is for their cooldown to reset whenever they land. So there's a 3 second or whatever delay when they land and when they first shoot.

Mr Swine

Banned
Easy fix for Siege Tank drops is for their cooldown to reset whenever they land. So there's a 3 second or whatever delay when they land and when they first shoot.

I had this idea when it was first shown and I posted on the Bnet forum that there should be a 2 second CD when picking up Siegetanks and a 2 second CD when dropping them to balance things out

Lethe82

Banned
Apparently the new terran unit was somewhat revealed

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/31ez8p/david_kim_announces_a_new_terran_unit_on_the/

Flying, air to air or ground, meant to defend mass phoenix or muta mainly

It's the weird transform more to stay flying, attack air to ground with 9 range but inmobile that I'm interested in. It reminds me of the idea I had for the Thor where they could become completely stationary, lose the ability to attack and turn into a long range mortal unit that fired a volley with a delayed hit with a long cool down.

calder

David Kim is talking about it on English stream right now.

Slower than mutas or Phoenix but faster than other Terran air. Kinda expensive. AOE vs air is very interesting.

Syf

Banned
An AOE option for air is very welcome for terran, especially with zerg already having its own AOE air ability in LotV. Can't wait to see it in action.

Tacitus_

So I haven't watched Starcraft for a while. Where are all the koreans at? At first I thought this would be the EU finals but Polt and a bunch of chinese are there so it can't be that.

Syf

Banned
So I haven't watched Starcraft for a while. Where are all the koreans at? At first I thought this would be the EU finals but Polt and a bunch of chinese are there so it can't be that.
They switched up the WCS structure so you need to be a resident of the region you're competing in. Basically now Korea has two individual leagues (GSL and Starleague), and WCS premier league covers every other region. So the foreigners actually have a chance to get somewhere now lol.

Aaron

They combined the EU and US WCS and tightened up the residency restrictions.

Top Bottom