• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Beta OT Status: finished info and changes, start working on FAQs then banners, I have a busy work day coming up tomorrow, the OT probably won't be finished till evening on 31st.

Syf

Banned
Hope there's a beta tournament to watch right away. It'll be great to see how the latest LotV stuff works out in real games.

survivor

Banned
Hope there's a beta tournament to watch right away. It'll be great to see how the latest LotV stuff works out in real games.

The OlimoLeague will be hosting weekly tourneys with the beta. Only question is if they will get the same Koreans for their regular league to play this one or will it be NA/EU players instead.

Also, in two hours SPL starts with Maru v. Innovation!

Among a whole host of great matchups.

CBaOLm0VEAElMuM.png

hey guys, around what time in game should i drop ebays to get upgrades for my bio?

Current consensus at least in TvP is that you want to start it along with stim or shortly after starting stim, or doing the Flash/Innovation way by going very fast +1, like along with your 2nd and 3rd rax for better early marine/marauder poke/aggression.

SamuraiX-

INno vs Maru was fun last night. Same TvT drop play shenanigans but these two juggernauts made it very entertaining.

I was surprised by Cure vs Dark... Dark essentially lost the game because he threw away 7 Roaches to kill 1 Hellion. Granted he got caught out in the middle of the map, but a really strange decision not to just retreat back.

Speaking of Gfinity, greetings from the arena itself!
BM7nTEJh.jpg

I really need a new phone

Damn, nice! You were able to get that close to the players!? I'm jelly.

Get any pics of PartinG, Soulkey and jjakji?

Wow didn't realize how fast Ravagers attacked. Kind of removes the point of Hydra's except against air. Can see Ravager/Corruptor being really popular against Protoss.

So if Zerg get to Hive Terran going bio are even more dead than they are in HotS.

Oracle change is gonna force Protoss to go Robo much earlier against Zerg.

SamuraiX-

keep in mind there's still another unit in the works for terran

Yeah and thank goodness they went the route of crowdsourcing because it feels to me that they've run out of ideas. I always thought the Herc and Cyclone were incredibly bland from the beginning, imho.

Hopefully the pros find some way to make Cyclones more entertaining without looking broke as fuck as they've looked in every game on record.

Syf

Banned
yeah from what I've watched so far I don't think cyclones or disruptors will make it through beta without changes

ravagers and adepts seem cool

nathanias is playing archon right now. looks fun

Wedge7

Been fun watching the streams and seeing the new units being utilized.

I'm watching Rotti and Grubby, some of my favorites.

TvZ bio is super dead once Zerg gets Hive and Ultras out. +3 Marauders only do 10 damage per attack (x2) to Ultras now. Marines? even with +3, it's 1.

Also any of you got beta invite and want to stream? PM me your stream to be added to the beta thread coming online later today

Son1x

Damn, nice! You were able to get that close to the players!? I'm jelly.

Get any pics of PartinG, Soulkey and jjakji?

Haha well, I was working as an admin and Gfinity has this weird tradition where we have to stand in the booth (so they don't cheat and stuff). I have a few more photos of mine but they're all shitty quality so instead here are some taken by my friend.

FanTaSy
sl0MXos.jpg

hydra
nmGVxdR.jpg

jjakji
aLfH1DU.jpg

Soulkey
OfaQ5qg.jpg

Bosstoss
zUSm4PF.jpg

And bigboy PartinG himself
F6QKXQ4.jpg

Warmup room with Snute, Bunny, JD, TargA, Rain and Terminator
Vidn7FX.jpg

And a bonus pic of getting drunk at the after party. Drunk PartinG is best PartinG. (I'm second from the right with the full glass of beer)
xrXdHZ7.jpg

survivor

Banned
Code A and SSL are both happening at the same time today., Feels weird, you would think they would get a better schedule to maximize viewers reach.

SamuraiX-

MMA streaming LotV!!

http://www.twitch.tv/acermma

Haha well, I was working as an admin and Gfinity has this weird tradition where we have to stand in the booth (so they don't cheat and stuff). I have a few more photos of mine but they're all shitty quality so instead here are some taken by my friend.

wat that just makes me more jealous! Nice, man! Sweet pics! All of you guys look like you had a blast. PartinG must be the life of the party. haha

lmfao

Artosis always preaching the hard truth.

I remember in a recent GSL match (I think it was PvP), one player committed hard to snipe the opponent's third and it was left with like less than 10 HP.

Artosis was like "When this happens on ladder I pause the game and say 'No. Kill your Nexus.'" xD

Top Bottom