• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

survivor

Banned
I really don't get why Marineking decided to go with a build that lets you scout early. Just go CC first or something greedy and pray your opponent just rushes you. Instead of having to pretend you don't see the creep.

pisuika

Neo Member
TRkxiW.gif

SamuraiX-

Check rejoins Jin Air! Gives them a better backup for Rogue compared to Symbol.

SSL qualifiers are on. Also I heard Halo 5 is coming out.

Yay!

...Bomber didn't even show up. ;_;

YoDa knocked out be eMotion is the only real upset I've yet to find. Good to see the big names tearing through the bracket.

survivor

Banned
The SSL qualifiers seeds are weird, didn't expect them to consider Proleague players performance. I thought they would have continued with more foreigners seeds.

Tekniqs

Check rejoins Jin Air! Gives them a better backup for Rogue compared to Symbol.

Yay!

...Bomber didn't even show up. ;_;

YoDa knocked out be eMotion is the only real upset I've yet to find. Good to see the big names tearing through the bracket.

what? lol where is he?

SamuraiX-

Wolf making fun of Moonglade's comments about sKyHigh's sim city: "I like the feng shui of this Terran base. All the tech labs are pointed to the east."

That made me fucking crack up so bad for some reason. xD

what? lol where is he?

He was playing the HotS campaign the last time I saw him streaming. Passion dead. :'(

There's a new tier 3 tournament ($10K prizepool, 300 WCS points to the winner) starting tomorrow: the Gfinity Spring Masters I. Gfinity are organizing a series of SC2 events this year; already planned are two this spring (this one being the first), and two this summer. Redeye works for them now. I wonder if this will get big over time?

Top 8 brackets on Sunday starting at 12 PM GMT.

I'd pick PartinG or Rogue to win it all.

Watching GSL reruns and listening to Tasteless rant about the lack of map diversity in Starcraft 2 compared to Brood War. I didn't watch any Starcraft during Brood War, but right now in HotS, any time there's diversity the community cries. Two of the maps last season had the spawn locations change because community complaining about balance. Daedalus Point tried having a giant ramp in front of your second but the community got it nerfed because of Zergling run-bys and it became a generic map. I complained a bit about the balance of Habitation Station but it offered a much larger variety of builds than anything in the map pool today.

Syf

Banned
Blizzard painted themselves into a corner with the peculiar design of protoss and how they need those small ramps for force field defense, especially in PvZ. I wish they'd make toss less reliant on having those ramps in LotV, and make defense a bit easier for all races in the early game somehow. Not impenetrable but more forgiving for the defender. It would open up the mapmaking options quite a bit and I think the game would be better if very early aggression wasn't so easy to pull off.

Wedge7

Gonna start working on the beta OT over the weekend.

Did I miss something? Corran "SC2 gifs" Horn not making the SC2 thread? Damn, did he not want it? Feels weird, the guy has pretty much made all the SC2 threads ever since Wings. Well, him and Samurai "Tournament Thread" X. Kudos to both for the hard work.

Holden

Did I miss something? Corran "SC2 gifs" Horn not making the SC2 thread? Damn, did he not want it? Feels weird, the guy has pretty much made all the SC2 threads ever since Wings. Well, him and Samurai "Tournament Thread" X. Kudos to both for the hard work.

he's too busy fantasizing over final fantasy and playing cardstone

If anyone older (gaf sense) than me (I'm only 6 months on gaf) want to take over I'm glad to hand it out.

Wedge7

If anyone older (gaf sense) than me (I'm only 6 months on gaf) want to take over I'm glad to hand it out.

Heh, I didnt mean anything towards you SmartWaffles, like Syfadious mentioned, its a lot of work and not many people want to put the effort in, was just more surprised than anything that Corran wasnt doing it.

Definitely didnt mean to come across as attacking you or anything.

Heh, I didnt mean anything towards you SmartWaffles, like Syfadious mentioned, its a lot of work and not many people want to put the effort in, was just more surprised than anything that Corran wasnt doing it.

Definitely didnt mean to come across as attacking you or anything.

None offense taken :D, just want to make sure more experienced community members get their priority.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I mean it says a lot that I missed Code S Finals.

And yeah Forcefield and Warp Gate and Collosus restrict maps massively, whatever.

survivor

Banned
yo Jaedong played? how's his play?

I only saw first game where he got caught by surprise against Hellbats push. Then he played from behind against mech. He tried to even it out, but just couldn't do it.

Didn't see the second game, but still losing 0-2 to Heart isn't good at all.

Syf

Banned
Jaedong seems done, at least with HotS. Hopefully the LotV beta starting in a few days will get him interested again.

Pretty good bracket for the playoffs.

Whoops, round of 8 was best of 3 uh? That went quicker than I expected; I thought I'd get up in time for the round of 4, but I guess I'll just catch the finals. <_< Hydra beat Rogue? Huh, I wouldn't have thought.

Mr Swine

Banned
HNNNNNGGNNN Seems that Blizzard is starting to send out Beta keys for LOTV! Hopefully I'll get mine since I bought Blizzcon Virtual Tickets last year

Pooya

Apparently the beta has a x64 launcher too just like Heroes of the Storm, yay maybe some kind of engine upgrade is there, like proper multi threading.... HotS runs worse than SC2 for me though :s

Syf

Banned
That's really good to hear LotV will have an x64 launcher.

I know they said beta invites will go to BlizzCon and WCS ticket holders first, and I have both of those achievements on my account soo here's to my invite arriving in about six months anyway lol.

Syf

Banned
Watching desrow test the units in the actual beta. There's a lot to be excited about imo. The best part for me is seeing lurkers beat back a colossus push. That's going to be great for ZvP. That and the viper AOE ability that can wreck toss air deathballs.

Also burrowed roaches are *ridiculously* fast, like maybe the fastest thing in the game lol. Hopefully someone makes a gif.

The burrowed Roach speed is a bug, in actual game data it is unchanged. Also LotV will be using CASC file format which should improve performance, plus 64bit probably means multicore optimization.

Top Bottom