• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

survivor

Banned
I swear Flash and Super are like the two most stubborn players. This series and the previous one between them, they both just did the same build over and over again.

Just notice how much Protoss has been struggling in Code A so far. Only 4 have made it through (plus 2 from round of 8) and two of those were PvP's. There's still two more PvP's but I don't think the others will be favored in their match ups (unless something happens with MarineKing). Protoss are 0-4 in PvZ so far and will probably end up 0-5.

SamuraiX-

He's finally back in SPL this week too.

I never watched that MKP vs ByuL game until now. That was the most blatant throw I've ever seen in SC2. All the ways MKP tried to sell that it wasn't a throw makes it all the more embarrassing. Leaning forward in his chair with a shocked expression on his face when he sees the late pool? Who the fuck does that?

Not to mention not seeing the bright yellow dot on the minimap when he was obviously repeatedly checking it. And of course his mouth dropping and trying to express that he had no idea about the proxy Hatch until his back rocks were destroyed and lings were flooding in his base...... literally never checking the back rocks or scouting with his Reapers.

Pretty deplorable. MKP probably deserves to be exiled from the professional scene.

SamuraiX-

Firecake is salty as fuck. lol

Just went afk 45 minutes into the second game vs Happy after getting roflstomped by Raven/Thor/Banshee.

My guess is either we're gonna see him DQ'ed or he's just gonna 6 pool the last two games.

survivor

Banned
Firecake is salty as fuck. lol

Just went afk 45 minutes into the second game vs Happy after getting roflstomped by Raven/Thor/Banshee.

My guess is either we're gonna see him DQ'ed or he's just gonna 6 pool the last two games.
Delicious salt, nice to see SH spammers getting exposed this season.

Lethe82

Banned

I never watched that MKP vs ByuL game until now. That was the most blatant throw I've ever seen in SC2. All the ways MKP tried to sell that it wasn't a throw makes it all the more embarrassing. Leaning forward in his chair with a shocked expression on his face when he sees the late pool? Who the fuck does that?

Not to mention not seeing the bright yellow dot on the minimap when he was obviously repeatedly checking it. And of course his mouth dropping and trying to express that he had no idea about the proxy Hatch until his back rocks were destroyed and lings were flooding in his base...... literally never checking the back rocks or scouting with his Reapers.

Pretty deplorable. MKP probably deserves to be exiled from the professional scene.

Link?

Don't have Legacy of the Void? JaKaTaK is continuing support for the unofficial fan mod for LotV so you can play the next best thing!

Lethe82

Banned

I don't know what to think, if it really was the case... I mean kespa would have kicked him for sure right?

He's still playing in matches and on the team so...

SamuraiX-

Papa Snute's got a brand new bag.

vTMEAr7.png

He's about to reinvent the meta again. lol

I think if he was really trying to sell it he wouldn't of made the most blatantly obvious mistake possible haha. If you are open to the possibility of him throwing a game in the most spectacular way possible, you have to at least be open to him losing a game in the most spectacular way possible. It's obvious now they watched a replay and found no evidence of match fixing, not to say that he is innocent, but that at least means he didn't have vision of the creep or obvious signs of being proxied.

If you watch the VOD they show his player view, and you can see how easy it is to miss the spine on the minimap. He uses really similar team colors and the dot is perfectly lined up with the mineral line and gases, you really have to analyze it to notice the color difference. If you are going by the betting lines, you would have to accuse other players like Innovation and Byul as matchfixing, and one of the four games that had suspicious betting lines the wrong player won. It is suspicious but it is definitely not "obvious".

Syf

Banned
Idk how I feel about Jaedong qualifying for WCS. Good to see him back, but I hope the Koreans aren't just slowly working around the region lock (Stardust is playing for a WCS spot this season too). It was cool to see some foreigners make it deep in season 1, but those playoff spots might be slowly disappearing with more Koreans in WCS.

Lethe82

Banned
I think if he was really trying to sell it he wouldn't of made the most blatantly obvious mistake possible haha. If you are open to the possibility of him throwing a game in the most spectacular way possible, you have to at least be open to him losing a game in the most spectacular way possible. It's obvious now they watched a replay and found no evidence of match fixing, not to say that he is innocent, but that at least means he didn't have vision of the creep or obvious signs of being proxied.

If you watch the VOD they show his player view, and you can see how easy it is to miss the spine on the minimap. He uses really similar team colors and the dot is perfectly lined up with the mineral line and gases, you really have to analyze it to notice the color difference. If you are going by the betting lines, you would have to accuse other players like Innovation and Byul as matchfixing, and one of the four games that had suspicious betting lines the wrong player won. It is suspicious but it is definitely not "obvious".

Didn't realize this but it is true.

MKP can also be a bit of a dumbass (and I say that lovingly). He's absurdly talented but has really poor game sense to begin with.

SamuraiX-

Even with team colors, the position of the spine crawler didn't align with the back minerals/gases at all.

The biggest offender to me is never checking his back rocks. AT ALL. NOT EVEN ONCE. Who doesn't keep an eye on the back rocks on Expedition Lost when you know for damn sure your opponent is going for an unorthodox build? And of course never even going down his main ramp into his natural to scout with the Reapers.

I refuse to accept MKP being a doofus as an excuse. He showed some of the most amazing game sense in his miraculous Hot6ix run not 5 months ago.

Looks like Flash lost to Panic in SPL... -_______-

MKP vs Zest on now: http://www.twitch.tv/sc2proleague

SamuraiX-

NaDa's streaming Brood War and has +20,000 viewers. Holy shit. lol

Creator's back in Code S for the first time in 2 years. Good for him. Insane that he's still only 18 years old. Would be awesome to see a short period of time where teenage Maru, Life and Creator all together rose to become the best player of each respective race.

survivor

Banned
NaDa's streaming Brood War and has +20,000 viewers. Holy shit. lol

Creator's back in Code S for the first time in 2 years. Good for him. Insane that he's still only 18 years old. Would be awesome to see a short period of time where teenage Maru, Life and Creator all together rose to become the best player of each respective race.

Oh man I missed seeing Nada stream.

kasane

10 years since flash win.i walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to the vods of flash winning. i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon the god. i watch other asian pros streaming but it is no good. i flame destiny in his channel and try to resist the nazi mods but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually watch some old flash vods and cry myself to sleep.

Lethe82

Banned
Cactus Valley LE is such a good map. Huge open spaces with lots of spread out bases demanding board control, great rock placement that actually affects your decision making, plenty of walls and chokes creating avenues of engagement.

cdyhybrid

Thinking of picking this up again thanks to beta hype. Is there a sort of current State of the Union post/video/podcast/guide/whatever on the races and their matchups?

Syf

Banned
Were there any big changes in rules in the last few months?
There was just a major balance update and redesign of the swarm host, plus they changed the ladder so it's easier to advance (master league was down to like 0.5% prior to it).
Thinking of picking this up again thanks to beta hype. Is there a sort of current State of the Union post/video/podcast/guide/whatever on the races and their matchups?
Can't really think of anything that goes over all the current state of the game. Basically zerg is a bit weak right now (except for Life because he's Life) and Protoss/Terran are pretty well balanced.

Just watched the rest of Proleague from last night. Outside of game 1, SKT played that entire series poorly. If someone told Dark to do an 8 pool on Vaani Research Station, they need to be gone. Of all the maps in the map pool to do it on that is by far the worst. On any other map you can at least contain Protoss on one base while getting your own economy up. Dark almost got bailed out when Stats for whatever reason sent his two Zealots out but Stats still held.

SKT has 5 very solid players. Why the hell would you send Sorry out in a best of 7? He came close to beating Stats but you ended up not playing soO or Dream because of it.

I don't like that 5 Marine push out by Innovation at the start. He did more damage with it than he probably should have because Stats handled it poorly, but even still that meant less units to defend against Blink. Stats played that contain about as perfectly as you can. He never overcommitted to Blink Stalkers and got his economy up nicely. He saw no 3rd CC with his Observer and knew an all-in was coming so he got Chargelots and Immortals to defend.

In game 5, during the whole game Classic slowly got more and more ahead, and then for whatever reason, had 10 Zealots out in the middle of no where when he knew Stats' army was right outside his base. Stats demolished Classic's army while those Zealots were attacking a pylon at Stats' 4th even though Stats didn't even have a 4th base.

survivor

Banned
I was surprised to see KT win like that with just Stats, thought it would be closer. However they gonna need all the luck they can today cause Jin Air is very tough especially since taking out Maru gonna be hard.

I'm also a bit surprised that Flash might not play. With KT starting TY unless they plan on resting Stats/Zest/Life, I don't see Flash taking any of their spots.

Stats and Life will play for sure. I can see Flash playing over Zest but only if it's against probably Rogue. They'll pick Zest over Flash against Protoss and unless he plans on cheesing I don't think he has a chance against Maru.

Lethe82

Banned
MVP.JeeF (team manager) statement about MarineKing, matchfixing allegations and his captaincy

Statement from our Team Manager JeeF:
"Hi everyone,
I’m quite sorry for this belated statement.

It is about 4 weeks ago since people assumed there was a matchfixing between ByuL and MarineKing. And directly after the game a part of the folk judged kinda fast and submitted that MarineKing did matchfixing. But it is not always the way as it looks like. Yet we took this allegedly incident very seriously since we have never ever accepted cheating and MarineKing is one of our players what makes the allegation not better in any way.

We have never stopped trusting Lee and we could not image that he had tried to cheat, that’s why we asked MKP firstly if all these allegations could be true - and he was clearly in making his position, so he emphasized that he didn't matchfixed. For us it was enough but in this case we felt that it could be insufficient, especially when you have to give an explanation to community.

We took charge of the game and tried to understand exactly the circumstance, not only by checking the replay again and again but also by having some serious talks. We also kinda grilled MarineKing several times, that's why he didn't play in Proleague for a while. But at the very end, all evidence gave us the same answer – Lee was not matchfixing.

Surely, it was a questionable game but was it matchfixing? Definitely not! Having a bad game or even a bad period of time is humanly. We won't suspend a player by an accusation, which was finally proved wrong, and destroy his career. And if we take a close view on MarineKing's match history, he hasn't won a few Proleague games recently, so it makes it even more unlikely that he did.

Anyway, to make you understand MKP a little bit better: Lee is/was pressuring hisself a lot, because he wants to win so badly and he puts a lot of efforts and emotion into the game. And it makes it not easier for him if people have a very high expectation, which he wants to answer. In addition as team captain you have to carry an extra burden.

Probably that’s the main reason why he didn’t perform as good lately. It is not always easy to be professional which concerns not only eSports and sometimes you need a little bit time and an helping hand to get up again.

For the upcoming season we decided that MKP will exchange the role as team captain with YongHwa, so MarineKing can focus more on his own play again. We keep believing in MarineKing, so we hope that you have not given him up as well. And hopfully he will be back with full strength for the next Proleague round.”

https://www.facebook.com/MVPSC2/posts/316612535129091

cdyhybrid

I just started SC2 for the first time in months or weeks.
When did the General Chat channel disappear?

I just reinstalled and have considered laddering for the first time since Nestea, MC, and MVP were still good.

Still can't decide whether to play Toss or Zerg.

Code S groups are out. They've gotten really good at balancing out groups in round of 32. No group has more than 2 of one race. Toughest groups are probably E and F. Flash didn't get a great draw. He got one of the weakest players in Patience, but also got CJ Entus herO and Dream.

SamuraiX-

Maru's impressive 3-kill of Zest, Life and Stats to close the series out between Jin Air and KT was pretty insane. I loved how they hyped up Life vs Maru though. The Season 1 GSL champion vs the Season 1 SSL champion, the two strongest SC2 leagues in the world.

Top Bottom