• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
I expect Maru will be in the top 3 by the time LotV winds down. Dunno if I agree with Taeja being that high; he's won a lot of events but never a Korean one.

SamuraiX-

Yeah, Maru should definitely make some noise and move into Top 6-7 at least if he can maintain some consistency across an entire year.

I agree with TaeJa in the top 3 just because he came back after wrist injuries started hampering his career after Summer of TaeJa 2012 and gave us a Year of TaeJa. Regardless of no GSL wins, he still has more premier tournaments wins than any other player in SC2 and was the only Terran who consistently didn't get rolled over by Protoss during the Blink all-in era. He maintained some amazing dominance from mid-2013 through the entirety of 2014. Hopefully he can regain some of the spark after a slow start to this year.

Get hype, fellas! The KeSPA Cup begins in a little over an hour!

b7zQGzc.png

Great list of matchups to kick off the Ro16. Unfortunately this year Protoss and Zerg predominate the race distribution with only 3 Terrans in the mix, but at least they've all been looking strong lately.

Aaron

Damn good series so far. I really wish I hadn't missed Fantasy's GSL games, but I was driving home right when they were happening.

Got distracted watching something else and forgot this was on.

Damn good series so far. I really wish I hadn't missed Fantasy's GSL games, but I was driving home right when they were happening.

First game with soO was great. Rest of the games he played were pretty meh.

Aaron

Wow. Hitting before charge was perfect timing for Fantasy. Glad he didn't whittle his own forces down with bad drops that game.

The hell was that game...

Life with his worst game in a very long time.

Wow what the fuck Life. For someone as good as he is he loses to extremely basic builds a lot.

SamuraiX-

The hell was that game...

Life with his worst game in a very long time.

Wow what the fuck Life. For someone as good as he is he loses to extremely basic builds a lot.

Game 2 was just weird. He goes for the 9 pool, does nothing with it and then somehow believes he doesn't need to cancel his third that's getting focused down when he had just 5 lings on the field with none in production by the time it was getting attacked. Then just loses to San-esque fast Gateway pressure in Game 3 that I thought he already figured out how to counter.

Life had piss poor scouting the entire series but went with some nice blind counter builds in Games 4 and 5. Not sure why Terminator didn't just go with the all-in in Game 4 after he got 3 Immortals and already had plenty of Sentries. In Game 5, he just went full retard with that triple Stargate build after he already scouted the Infestation Pit and Hydra Den.

SamuraiX-

Glad Rogue didn't get 3-0'd. Those first two games from him were incredibly disappointing. Made it look like he was out of practice and all outta fucks.

Now Game 4 on Inferno Pools. My anus is not ready.

Edit: LOL well that was actually refreshing. Taking both island bases was cute. MyuNgSiK should actually have never lost that game considering Rogue was stuck on Roach/Hydra with a minimal number of Infestors. The chain fungal on ALL the Templars and Void Rays was hilarious. The definition of "fuck yo A-move, clown."

Myungsik just showed how not to play Skytoss.

First time seeing that map. Looks really stupid with almost the entire map being nothing but choke points. Rogue really needed to go Hive to get Vipers.

Maru played that really badly. He should have kept pressuring Byul's gold base instead of pulling back and stockpiling Reapers.

The hell is going on this series....

Neither player deserves to move on. How the hell do you only have 0/1 Lings that late?

Tekniqs

oh wow, life and dream rematch...will this be the first time they played since Dream knocked out of SSL(I think that's what it was called)?

Probably won't be able to stay up to watch any of that series unless this one is a 3-0.

How does Fantasy not expect the Muta switch coming?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Screw this series, I'm going to sleep.

SamuraiX-

Trap without glasses on looks like a completely different person. so kawaii

He needs to find a new pair of frames that compliment his face better.

SamuraiX-

Yeah nerfing the only thing decent against mass Blink Stalkers was totally a smart move...

Losing interest in the finals if this is gonna be how it'll go.

Infestors do still exist. A lot of top level Zerg players are starting to remember that Ultralisk/Infestor/Viper is actually a damn good comp against Terran mech and Protoss deathballs. ByuL was a set of upgrades behind and stuck on Lair tech for the entirety of Game 1.

Dark will put up a way better fight than ByuL for sure.

Infestors do still exist. A lot of top level Zerg players are starting to remember that Ultralisk/Infestor/Viper is actually a damn good comp against Terran mech and Protoss deathballs. ByuL was a set of upgrades behind and stuck on Lair tech for the entirety of Game 1.

Dark will put up a way better fight than ByuL for sure.

Infestors would be way better if you couldn't Blink out of fungals. Otherwise you basically have to pray you can get decent fungals on their Sentries. There's also the issue that I've complained about a lot where for Protoss and Terran, they don't have to have any additional tech to go from +2 to +3, while Zerg needs both Infestation Pit and Hive to go from +2 to +3, leaving them behind in upgrades most of the time.

There's still one group left but holy shit at the imbalance of SSL round of 8. Maru and herO play each other in the round of 8 and then likely Life next. On the other side of the bracket there's Byul, Stats and Zest so far.

SamuraiX-

There's still one group left but holy shit at the imbalance of SSL round of 8. Maru and herO play each other in the round of 8 and then likely Life next. On the other side of the bracket there's Byul, Stats and Zest so far.

Yeah, I noticed that too. If Zest brings out his A-game, he could have a free pass to the grand final. Rooting for Dream and Soulkey to make it out of that last group.

DreamHack Tours should be pretty hype this weekend. They're doing a Ro32 playoff bracket this time.

Great list of top class Terran and Protoss participants.

5YlWng6.png

Tekniqs

man..i'm loving Polt's (i don't know who actually came up with it though) build vs zerg..makes my TvZ much more consistent.

SamuraiX-

lmfao

DreamHack Tours trying to do both group stages and the Ro32 + Ro16 in a single day. They're already two hours behind schedule with additional downtime piling up. Those casters and hosts better be buckled in for an 18 hour day.

man..i'm loving Polt's (i don't know who actually came up with it though) build vs zerg..makes my TvZ much more consistent.

Yeah, Polt is a master at perfecting really efficient builds. His TvP tactics during the Blink all-in era were so fun to watch. He's definitely one to copy builds from.

SamuraiX-

Oh man, I really wanted TY to get out of his GSL group today :(

It looks like he put up a damn good fight. Taking Maru and ByuL to 3 games is nothing to be ashamed up but it does suck that he couldn't get past ByuL. We desperately needed more Zergs in the Ro16 though.

Top Bottom