• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Maru's impressive 3-kill to close the series out between Jin Air and KT was pretty insane. Made Zest, Life, and Stats look a tier below him. I loved how they hyped up Life vs Maru though. The Season 1 GSL champion vs the Season 1 SSL champion, the two strongest SC2 leagues in the world.

He was pretty dominant in 3SL last night, as well.

Tekniqs

Maru's impressive 3-kill of Zest, Life and Stats to close the series out between Jin Air and KT was pretty insane. I loved how they hyped up Life vs Maru though. The Season 1 GSL champion vs the Season 1 SSL champion, the two strongest SC2 leagues in the world.

yo is there a video of this? love me some Maru action

Nice map picks guys...

This is why there needs to be more new maps per season.

Gonna be annoyed if Sorry makes round of 16. Seriously though build a damn Spine Crawler Solar.

Don't like who both teams are starting with tonight. Jin Air probably has an edge since they can have any of their top players snipe herO after the first game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does everyone get LotV beta now? Just got an invite

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
if sc2 wasn't #ded, I would've actually considered playing the beta

Syf

Banned
The 20% wave is next week. Right now it's all still priority for the BlizzCon stuff, with a few lucky others getting in too. I think Zoevia said there's about three more waves of virtual ticket invites to go out.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Its okay, you are just waiting for her return
blizzcon2.gif

Yoshichan

she DID return last Blizzcon, remember?! nowhere near as good as that year though :(

Son1x

Soo looks like I'll be admining at Gfinity Spring Masters again! Got a new phone now so I'l be able to get better pics.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Seems like heroes on espn2 did some good. People seemed really impressed by tastosis.

Listening to espn radio and the hosts said they want to get one of the commentators on the show lol.

Won

Seems like heroes on espn2 did some good. People seemed really impressed by tastosis.

Listening to espn radio and the hosts said they want to get one of the commentators on the show lol.

I find it funny how this turned out. It was supposed to be an advertisement for Heroes, but from what I read Tastless and Artosis are the ones who got a big boost in popularity out of this.

Aaron

I find it funny how this turned out. It was supposed to be an advertisement for Heroes, but from what I read Tastless and Artosis are the ones who got a big boost in popularity out of this.
People know quality when they see and hear it. Heroes continues to be dull to spectate.

SamuraiX-

GunGFuBanDa swept NaNiwa to make it into Premier.

NaNiwa's game 2 gg: "fuck this matchup"

NaNiwa's game 3 gg: "3-0'd by a trash player. long live starcraft."

git fucked clown

SamuraiX-

TeamLiquid's stuchiu did a Top 15 all time greatest SC2 players.

Criteria for ranking here: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/482944-the-process-of-creating-the-top-15-greatest-list

Part 1: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/482762-greatest-players-of-all-time-part-1
Part 2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/483325-greatest-players-of-all-time-part-2
Part 3: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/483881-greatest-players-of-all-time-part-3
Part 4: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/484252-greatest-players-of-all-time-the-finale

Haven't read through all of them yet but I like his logic in ranking the players. You can tell he put a lot of thought and consideration into constructing this.

The list:

Leenock
DongRaeGu
Maru
soO
MarineKing
Rain
INnoVation
Zest
Nestea
MMA
Polt
MC
TaeJa
Life
Mvp

More or less, I agree with his picks. And honestly, by the time SC2's time has ended, I don't see there being much fluctuation in that Top 5. #2 and #1 might be swapped but that's about it.

Only started watching StarCraft 2 in HotS so I can't really comment on where I would rank people. My ranks for HotS would probably be:

1. Life
2. Maru
3. Innovation
4. Taeja
5. sOs
6. Polt
7. soO
8. Rain
9. Zest
10. MC

Life being on top is pretty obvious. Maru and Innovation is really close for me but Innovation disappeared for at least one season of GSL so he gets knocked down. I feel like I have to put sOs in the top 5 for winning Blizzcon. MC is at 10 because he's about the only player from WCS Europe that I ever saw play much.

Lol that Parting-Myungsik game 3 was incredible.

Tekniqs

anyone know if Maru has ever put out a FPVOD or maybe even a ladder stream? would like to see how he controls all his multi prong harass/attacks.

edit: that top 15 players was a fun read. I didn't get into the game until fairly recently so I didn't know a bunch of those guys. I'm ashamed that the #1 guy is someone I never even watched lol.

Tekniqs

More or less, I agree with his picks. And honestly, by the time SC2's time has ended, I don't see there being much fluctuation in that Top 5. #2 and #1 might be swapped but that's about it.

you don't think Maru can make some noise on that list? I'm thoroughly impressed by that guy's games.

Top Bottom