• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Wow MMA... I know there's been issues with lag but c'mon son.

ForGG knocked out by Heart... wut

Rain, FanTaSy, and MarineKing literally the only people with a prayer of stopping PartinG. It's his tournament to lose.

Edit: Annnnd FanTaSy's dead. He deserved to lose. Scouted HyuN going for the 1/1 + speed Roach all-in. It was plain as day. He only had one bunker and didn't even consider building tanks. Disappointing.

Snute just died too. #YearofHarstem

Rain vs PartinG in the Ro16 may as well be the grand final. At least it's Bo5.

SamuraiX-

WaxAngel is a popular admin at TeamLiquid. Really cool opportunity for him to work as an expert at a premier event. He knows his stuff, but he stands out like a sore thumb when you surround him with three of the most charismatic personalities in SC2.

Also, everything MC does in that ad is scripted. Still funny as shit and believable though. lol

If you missed last night's GSL Group E: TY vs HerO, Maru vs ByuL, the rebroadcast is starting: http://www.twitch.tv/gsl

Syf

Banned
Yeah it's great they're going back to Toronto, the crowds have been great at those events. I might go if I can get the time off. Definitely going to BlizzCon though.

zeox

So I got on the american server today only to see the neogaf group completely dead T_T. is there a clan for those who still play? (does anyone still play?)

Caught up on most of Code S from last night. A few thoughts:

- Maru vs TY was really good. One of the better TvT's in awhile.
- Liquid HerO didn't look like he belonged in Code S. I missed his first series but he made so many terrible mistakes against Byul.
- Caster's kept saying Byul was really tired but I never found out why.
- The Dragonball Z talk was killing me.
- The Observer was really pissing me off keeping the tab on units instead of production.

Tekniqs

Caught up on most of Code S from last night. A few thoughts:

- Maru vs TY was really good. One of the better TvT's in awhile.
- Liquid HerO didn't look like he belonged in Code S. I missed his first series but he made so many terrible mistakes against Byul.
- Caster's kept saying Byul was really tired but I never found out why.
- The Dragonball Z talk was killing me.
- The Observer was really pissing me off keeping the tab on units instead of production.

when did Hero leave CJ?

I still play....although maybe saying "I'm a new player" is probably more appropriate

when did Hero leave CJ?

I still play....although maybe saying "I'm a new player" is probably more appropriate

There's 3 hero's (or used to be anyways). Liquid HerO played in WCS America until this year.

Took a look at Dreamhack brackets. Man what happened to True? There was a point last year where he looked like a top 3 Zerg doing these incredibly crazy builds, and then just completely fell off.

There's still one group left but holy shit at the imbalance of SSL round of 8. Maru and herO play each other in the round of 8 and then likely Life next. On the other side of the bracket there's Byul, Stats and Zest so far.

Yeah, I noticed that too. If Zest brings out his A-game, he could have a free pass to the grand final. Rooting for Dream and Soulkey to make it out of that last group.

Have you guys actually been watching Byul play? He has been close to the best player in Korea. It's been incredible just how much his career has turned around on a decent Korean team. If anything he would be the one getting a free ride, not zest.

SamuraiX-

Wow, GuMiho. What a damn run. How nice of him to give PartinG the honor of awarding him his only three map losses of the tournament.

Come on Parting, please knock out Hyun. Don't let a player that cheated Fantasy out of a win make it to the finals.

Whatever lol I don't know about the first two games, but FanTaSy deserved to get rekt in Game 3.

SamuraiX-

rekt

GuMiho actually put up an overall better fight than I thought he would, but PartinG is just at the peak of his career right now. That last game was actually hilarious.

Tekniqs

so..i just won against a plat zerg where I thought I was WAAAAAAY behind. His muta harass was just killing me and keeping me in my base. I said F it and took half my army to attack his side of the map. He had banes and lings waiting for me but widow mines took care of them. He of course brings back his mutas and I kill those off as well and i'm like "that's it?"

I watched the replay and dude had an average of over 4k unspent minerals...only had 2 queens the entire game. How's a plat player not know how to macro? I should have lost that game lol

Lethe82

Banned
I almost beat Stephano on lotv. I mean he still turned it around and smacked me down like one of his underage french girls, but there was a moment where I almost had him. I feel like the faster early game (that can lead to skill compression) is actually beneficial to the game. The gods will still be gods, but it's so much harder to macro perfectly now that the game feels more gamey, spontaneous, and dynamic than just BO memorizations and mechanical perfection.

Not that the best of the best won't still show that level of competency.

Round 3 of Proleague starts in half an hour. Great first match up if it wasn't almost all mirror's. Flash is really lucky getting matched against Cure.

Been awhile since I've seen a straight mech vs mech game. Also never seen a game where Vikings spent more time on the ground than in the air.

Syf

Banned
Mass recall getting a big buff, only needs 50 energy. So now we get twice as much of that terrible ability instead of them addressing the reasons for toss even needing it. They continue to drift away from what I hoped for in LotV.

Lethe82

Banned
Mass recall getting a big buff, only needs 50 energy. So now we get twice as much of that terrible ability instead of them addressing the reasons for toss even needing it. They continue to drift away from what I hoped for in LotV.

Post this in our beta thread and I'll respond to it :p

Top Bottom