• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Maximus.

That sucks. I hope you get it straighten out. :(

Yea working on it :/ Had to reset my password, and submit a ticket as well as a photo of my driver license. Now I have to wait 24-48 hours for someone to respond to my ticket and see what happens from there.

Have they offered a reason why they haven't?

They may have but i haven't seen it. Probably the same reason so many other features haven't been added or didn't get added until HOTS. Either they're incapable of doing it in SC2 (which demonstrates a pretty large lack of foresight when creating a game as an esport) or they just haven't seen it as worth the time and effort up to this point.

Either way it doesn't reflect well on them and it hurts them when a game it is directly competing with has it.

Striek

And, on Zeras..

Occasionally a semi-stealthed creature shoes up. It says "Strange Creature" when you put your cursor over it. Looks like it can be attacked, but it burrows to safety.

What is that?!
I think its the
primal zerg who joins you for the rest of the game; forgot his name

I was also wondering what the deal is with
the girl and the dogs
Anyone else find hidden stuff?
There was a can of e-sports drink on the
Niadra
mission hidden in an area you can't access until you go further in the level.

cdkee

Banned
I think its the
primal zerg who joins you for the rest of the game; forgot his name

I was also wondering what the deal is with
the girl and the dogs

There was a can of e-sports drink on the
Niadra
mission hidden in an area you can't access until you go further in the level.

Also you can find
Diablo and a Murloc Marine on the mission where you start as a larvae, I think

Slavik81

Amusingly, one of the characters in-between missions on the Jungle planet is now constantly repeating
"And are you the equal of Amon, who once controlled you?"
Even when the scene has ended.

Hrm. Seeing what people meant about the jungle planet. Retcons ahoy.

Ah well, still enjoying it.
Retcons?
Just became the non-Queen of Blades again. I'm just kind of disappointed that HotS seems to have just undone WoL.

antitrop

Seeing all the characters and creatures of the StarCraft lore rendered in exquisite quality is a childhood dream come true.

I love staring at all the Zerg unit design in the Evolution Pit as much as I did for the Terran in WoL. Can't wait to do the same in LotV. Blizzard knows fan service.

xmShake

Neo Member
MOST ACHIEVEMENTS NA

lJvnqiF.png

Neki

I really wish (spoilers for Dominion Weapon Lab)
Duran would have done something more interesting. At least transform into his original form as a call back to SC1, mock kerrigan for not knowing who he was, you know, something Duran would do. Or they could have shoe-horned in an unnecessary boss fight, 1v1, yay.

cdkee

Banned
I really wish (spoilers for Dominion Weapon Lab)
Duran would have done something more interesting. At least transform into his original form as a call back to SC1, mock kerrigan for not knowing who he was, you know, something Duran would do. Or they could have shoe-horned in an unnecessary boss fight, 1v1, yay.

Yeah, I thought
his death was really anti-climatic. I mean, his stabbing Kerrigan doesn't even amount to anything. And Stukov didn't even get to anything personally to the guy that effed him over in the first place.

Neki

I was really disappointed in the final mission because
at first I was hoping that I'd get some awesome reinforcements because you know, I brought my whole Swarm, and then Raynor comes in and I'm like whaaaat. I'm always liked having allies help you kill shit for missions, though I swear defending his base was more stressful than defending mine. Otherwise, it was a bit easy. As soon as the cutscene started, I'm like "man here comes Raynor to save Kerrigan, what a big surprise." I'm just surprised that Raynor went from wanting to kill Kerrigan so vehemently in SC1 to loving her in SC2, so weird.

Overall, campaign was fun, but my god, Zerg have too many units for me to properly utilize. I usually just ran a Roach/Hydra/Ling/Abbre army until I got Ultralisks and I added those too. Using Kerrigan's Frenzy buff made lings unstoppable, and running roaches that spawn + kerrigan broodling spawns made it pretty funny to watch.

You Toss scum should expect a nerf to the Oracle soon. Its ridiculous how much damage it does so fast and if you have more than 3 say goodbye to your worker line. 25 DPS my ass how did Blizz let this pass the Beta?

I never thought there would be a hard counter to marines but Oracles are it unless its a huge number. /rant

On that note I expect the Medivac speed to have a higher cooldown or make it a research along with some other buffs and nerfs in the 1st patch. But it would be a bad idea to patch during MLG Dallas.

You Toss scum should expect a nerf to the Oracle soon. Its ridiculous how much damage it does so fast and if you have more than 3 say goodbye to your worker line. 25 DPS my ass how did Blizz let this pass the Beta?

I never thought there would be a hard counter to marines but Oracles are it unless its a huge number. /rant

On that note I expect the Medivac speed to have a higher cooldown or make it a research along with some other buffs and nerfs in the 1st patch. But it would be a bad idea to patch during MLG Dallas.

build a turret and get stim.

1 Oracle > 5 unupgraded Marines

So yes you have to account for that in the early game.

1 Mine > 1 Oracle

Haven't played any 1v1s since last summer or something, can you not click on enemy buildings under construction anymore? I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to but clicking them doesn't do anything

Keikaku

Haven't played any 1v1s since last summer or something, can you not click on enemy buildings under construction anymore? I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to but clicking them doesn't do anything
The option for "Select Enemy Units" might not be turned on anymore. Check it under your settings.

Striek

A backwards design decision. They made all neutral and enemy units/structures unclickable, you have to enable it in gameplay options.

Edit: Fuuuu

Zzoram

They turned that off by default because they said casuals would accidentally click neutral or enemy things and get confused why they couldn't control them.

You can turn that back on in the gameplay settings. In fact, everyone should so you can see your enemy's upgrades.

build a turret and get stim.

1 Oracle > 5 unupgraded Marines

So yes you have to account for that in the early game.

1 Mine > 1 Oracle

Yeah its hard to go 1rax FE now with the chance of Oracles at 5 minutes. If I see 2 full mining gas for Toss with no extra gates plus missing pylon then I cancel my CC and just make 2 rax and make an Ebay.

Pulsar beam needs to take more energy or deal less damage.

Protoss has become kinda gimmickly lately with early DT rush, 4 gate, 3 Gate + VR, cannon rushing or even a Mothership blink all in which was nerfed but still so irritating.

Good thing is that I'm not at a higher league and its easy to deal with the noobs but the ones that know what they are doing, its harder to deal with.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the new metagame was to scan at the 4-6 min mark if you can't scout the Toss's base.

The option for "Select Enemy Units" might not be turned on anymore. Check it under your settings.

They turned that off by default because they said casuals would accidentally click neutral or enemy things and get confused why they couldn't control them.

You can turn that back on in the gameplay settings. In fact, everyone should so you can see your enemy's upgrades.

A backwards design decision. They made all neutral and enemy units/structures unclickable, you have to enable it in gameplay options.

Edit: Fuuuu

damn that seems really weird

thanks

Wunder

Yeah its hard to go 1rax FE now with the chance of Oracles at 5 minutes. If I see 2 full mining gas for Toss with no extra gates plus missing pylon then I cancel my CC and just make 2 rax and make an Ebay.

Pulsar beam needs to take more energy or deal less damage.

Protoss has become kinda gimmickly lately with early DT rush, 4 gate, 3 Gate + VR, cannon rushing or even a Mothership blink all in which was nerfed but still so irritating.

Good thing is that I'm not at a higher league and its easy to deal with the noobs but the ones that know what they are doing, its harder to deal with.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the new metagame was to scan at the 4-6 min mark if you can't scout the Toss's base.

I've seen Protoss builds that use 2gas to open fast MSC 1gate FE or something - it's not uncommon at least. WoL builds won't work here, y ou can't simply 1rax cc and expect to hold off stuff. Protoss have to worry about fast widow mines and stuff liek that too so it balances out.

Skab

All the retcons make me sad. Even the small stuff, like
turning Zerus into a jungle planet instead of a Char like volcanic ashen world.
After finishing the story, I actually broke out my SC1 manual and re-read a bunch of the lore in there.

I've come to the conclusion that Blizzard has forgotten how to make a Sci-Fi universe and only knows fantasy now.

frontovik

Banned
Story spoilers:

So .. did anyone else roll their eyes when Kerrigan when flew into the sky? That's just crazy! I remember she had to be transported by an Overlord in the original StarCraft.

Her confrontation with Narud was silly as well; especially when she was surfing on the back of a Nydus Worm.

I guess Nova is unemployed now that the Dominion has fallen. I'm surprised she wasn't guarding the entrance to Mengsk's palace! She's supposedly one of the most talented Ghosts in the Sector and would've been a worthy match for Kerrigan.

The heroes didn't have to be so self-depreciative and giving themselves instructions, "I should use X ability to jump over that cliff", or .. "My Y ability will make short work of those foolish Terrans." There's no need to hold the player's hands, Blizzard.

I thought the original Zerg strain was derived from an ordinary larvae on Zerus. Now it's been retconned to creatures that survived due to evolution? Why is the planet a rainforest instead of a volcanic continent? That's not consistent with the original lore!!

Ushae

Banned
So I'm on mission 4 playing brutal and realised how shit i am at playing zerg.

Are there any good trainer/tutorials out there that help improve zerg micro skills.

Neki

Guys could we keep the story discussion in its designated thread?
I personally dont mind myself; but I've caught myself clicking the spoilers out of habbit and I would hate it would happen to people who do not want to be spoiled....

For those who cant find the thread, here is the link:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523224

Thanks for understanding!

That's the unmarked spoiler thread, and no one is using it!

I was re-watching the end cutscene in Starcraft 1 between Dugalle and Duran + Kerrigan, and my god, Kerrigan oozed so much personality in Starcraft 1 as the Queen of Blades, just the way she talked was awesome. I also miss old Zeratul, but can't do much about that.

On a spoiler related note, does Nova say anything
different to Jim if you helped her in WoL? I helped Tosh and she brought up that I didn't help her otherwise she'd look the other way. There was also the other time when you're going to go rescue Jim, Horner mentions they were going to send in Tosh, I wonder if that happens if you didn't help him.

profit

That's the unmarked spoiler thread, and no one is using it!

I was re-watching the end cutscene in Starcraft 1 between Dugalle and Duran + Kerrigan, and my god, Kerrigan oozed so much personality in Starcraft 1 as the Queen of Blades, just the way she talked was awesome. I also miss old Zeratul, but can't do much about that.

On a spoiler related note, does Nova say anything
different to Jim if you helped her in WoL? I helped Tosh and she brought up that I didn't help her otherwise she'd look the other way. There was also the other time when you're going to go recuse him Horner mentions they were going to send in Tosh, I wonder if that happens if you didn't help him.

Well, people who are discussing the story here should use it....

Boken

Banned
I've seen Protoss builds that use 2gas to open fast MSC 1gate FE or something - it's not uncommon at least. WoL builds won't work here, y ou can't simply 1rax cc and expect to hold off stuff. Protoss have to worry about fast widow mines and stuff liek that too so it balances out.

protoss and terran have to watch out for each other's brand new cheesy shit

: (

Top Bottom