• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Ravager61

Thanks for the responses! I'll go through the in-game stuff first and go from there.

Holy shit you sound exactly like me at the beginning of WoL. Like word for word that is something I would write lol.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want some personal coaching.

I might take you up on that. Let me go through the in-game single player stuff and I will get back to you.

Moff

When I finished the campaign I was lvl69 with Kerrigan. I went back and replayed the mission using the Master Archive to complete the missed bonus objective to get to level 70.

Level 70 achievement and picture wont unlock. Achievements are unlocking though, so achievements aren't down.

Don't tell me I'm going to have to start the campaign from scratch...
apparently yes, this was the first thing I tried to do in the master archives.
but the achievement says clearly "reach level 70 in the campaign", so it probalby wont work through the archives. so either its a bug or you'll have to start over, at least from the point where you missed that bonus objective, if you have a savegame.

It's a well known fact that Blizzard straight up lifts/copies Games Workshop, but this expansion is more blatant and bold that ever before. The CE art book even has Inquisitor transmissions about Tyranids in them. I mean, scientist transmissions about zerg in them.

It's been a fun campaign so far. Just slick ass production all around.

Holy shit you sound exactly like me at the beginning of WoL. Like word for word that is something I would write lol.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want some personal coaching.

You know, I've seen your offers for helping gaffers learn the game and I've considered taking you up on the offer but I feel like my biggest issues are nerves and the connection between my brain and fingers, so ultimately, I come to the conclusion that I would just be wasting your time.

You know, I've seen your offers for helping gaffers learn the game and I've considered taking you up on the offer but I feel like my biggest issues are nerves and the connection between my brain and fingers, so ultimately, I come to the conclusion that I would just be wasting your time.

All it takes is practice to get rid of that. Everyone has to start from somewhere. When you get the flow of things it's just "like riding a bike". haha.

But yeah a great place to start is the new ingame training mode. Then from there do the Versus AI. Both of these are pretty invaluable for someone just needing straight up experience.

Once you have a bit of experience from that you can start to appreciate what the game really has to offer, and of course people like me will help you too.

Aaron

Practice against the AI for a little bit, then go for some unranked to see just how bad the majority of the player base really is.

All it takes is practice to get rid of that. Everyone has to start from somewhere. When you get the flow of things it's just "like riding a bike". haha.

But yeah a great place to start is the new ingame training mode. Then from there do the Versus AI. Both of these are pretty invaluable for someone just needing straight up experience.

Practice against the AI for a little bit, then go for some unranked to see just how bad the majority of the player base really is.

Oh yeah, between WoL and HotS, I've played lots of matches against the AI, I'm able to beat Hard AI consistently. Really, I'm probably just trying to do too much at my level of play because I have a decent understanding of what should be done at a much higher level of skill from watching so much pro play.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The AI actually has some really great options now to choose from to practice: aggressive setting, all-in rush, timed push etc. which will really help you get build times down and learn to counter and defend against unit compositions.

@felixlighter: sounds like you just need to get out there and play some matches. Go unranked if it bothers you to lose but honestly ladder always resets and you should just get some practice with real players and dealing with cheese.

Lord Phol

Oh yeah, between WoL and HotS, I've played lots of matches against the AI, I'm able to beat Hard AI consistently. Really, I'm probably just trying to do too much at my level of play because I have a decent understanding of what should be done at a much higher level of skill from watching so much pro play.

I'm kind of in the same seat, i got a basic understanding of how the game should be played by watching streams and games, just have a hard time translating it into actual use in my own games. But like others have mentioned, it's probably something that comes along with repeated pratice!

sixghost

The AI actually has some really great options now to choose from to practice: aggressive setting, all-in rush, timed push etc. which will really help you get build times down and learn to counter and defend against unit compositions.

@felixlighter: sounds like you just need to get out there and play some matches. Go unranked if it bothers you to lose but honestly ladder always resets and you should just get some practice with real players and dealing with cheese.

I haven't played that many games against the AI, but I'm fairly skeptical about those build specific AIs. I played ZvP against a very hard P on the 7gate setting, and it 1gate expanded then made 7 gates and never attacked. It's a nice idea but I'm not sure they actually spent much time implementing it beyond getting the builds sort of right.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Finally home. Let's continue this epic mess!

edit: Stuck on initializing (launcher)... teh fuck is going on?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
STARCRAFT II PATCH 2.0.6

BUG FIXES

General

Fixed a crash that could occasionally occur while playing the Heart of the Swarm campaign.

It's from yesterday.
Oh, I got that crash twice so I'm happy this has been solved :3

Congrats! Protoss is my main as well, is there a way to check out your replays in-game?

There isn't a way to "Pull" someones replays form the server if that's what you're asking.

If you download a replay file, like the ones I've posted earlier. There are two ways to access the file ingame.

1.While sc2 is closed you can just dbl click the file.

2. You can move the file to your replay folder. and then go to the ingame replay viewer.

cosiant

Neo Member
I don't know what people's problem with the story is, I've enjoyed it thus far more than the WoL story, much more. Also about the ''why doesn't Blizzard implement spectator mode with a delay'', would that not just work? If a player has a building somewhere or is denying you scouting for so long, a friend that is spectating the match could just tell you what is happening.

JLeack

Banned
I don't know what people's problem with the story is, I've enjoyed it thus far more than the WoL story, much more. Also about the ''why doesn't Blizzard implement spectator mode with a delay'', would that not just work? If a player has a building somewhere or is denying you scouting for so long, a friend that is spectating the match could just tell you what is happening.

It's corny as cornbread.

f0rk

They don't have to make it publicly available. I don't give a shit about watching my friends.

Tiamant

Every single guide should come with origami figures, I just bought the Hots guide because of this :D

600252_10200221507593142_1574743633_n.jpg

581903_10200221507913150_126650568_n.jpg

29012_10200221126223608_332025154_n.jpg

Aylinato

people are so bad in team games...

I just 4gated in a 4v4 and built a plyon next to the enemy's front wall, and when I say next to it I mean actually behind the wall while my 4 stalkers r just killed shit ton of zerglings/marader/hellion/marines

I then proceeded to warp in units in their base. Gee Gee.

Yoshichan

Tiamant, that's awesome!

Yoshichan

Fungal instant in the campaign :lol

Every single guide should come with origami figures, I just bought the Hots guide because of this :D

um that is awesome. I'd buy if it had a baneling.

edit: Okay the single player campaign checkpoints are super annoying. Everything is brought to a halt. I always think my game is crashing or something.

Yoshichan

Is this one of those things where the DD of the game has highly compressed cinematics whule the disc one is fine?
Nope. Disc is bad too.

Top Bottom