• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

masterkajo

Nice, global play is finally here. Just joined the US neogaf group. My SC2 id is aklambda and character code is 829 on US server. Looking forward to finally play against some of you :)

Can we add all the SC2 IDs/character codes to the OP?

My SC2 ID is ChaosJoe Character code: 792

I'm really looking forward to the campaign, Raptor lings sound OP as hell. Gonna go through on Normal before I try Brutal. Then I gotta do a Hard run for the Achievements.

Man I just had a scary though, evolving Infestors...... Holy mother of god what can Blizz do to make them more OP in campaign? (I know Infestors have been nerfed but damn if Fungal isn't still annoying to deal with.)

Since today is Wednesday I'm hopeing GAF can get some games in tonight/today.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Can we add all the SC2 IDs/character codes to the OP?

My SC2 ID is ChaosJoe Character code: 792

I'm really looking forward to the campaign, Raptor lings sound OP as hell. Gonna go through on Normal before I try Brutal. Then I gotta do a Hard run for the Achievements.

Man I just had a scary though, evolving Infestors...... Holy mother of god what can Blizz do to make them more OP in campaign? (I know Infestors have been nerfed but damn if Fungal isn't still annoying to deal with.)

Since today is Wednesday I'm hopeing GAF can get some games in tonight/today.
Ya. I wasnt sure if hots gave new codes or not. If yall want to list post them here ill update the google doc. Plus with gaf channel we might not need it as much as we did for wol.

masterkajo

Ya. I wasnt sure if hots gave new codes or not. If yall want to list post them here ill update the google doc. Plus with gaf channel we might not need it as much as we did for wol.

That's true. The channel and group feature really do help. I updated my post above with my SC2 ID and character code for the US server. So the character codes are different for different regions (you may also choose a different name in each region) but AFAIK it will stay the same for HOTS in each region.

Guys here is the "link" to the US Neogaf group

starcraft://group/1/4508

take that link and copy it to any menu based chat and click on it to access the group quickly. (Assuming you haven't already joined.)

Think its time for me to return to Starcraft. I watched quite a few matches but haven't played since summer. Time to get hyped for HotS!

Just go to group search, and search for neogaf, it's an open group, so anyone can join.

There is also a clan on NA for GAF called GAF [GAF]

Paches and I are officers for NA clan, if you see either of us on we can invite you

Can I just give you my real id for an invite?

Aylinato

Unranked ladder is the best. Such a great feature by blizzard. Makes this game much more accessible since you can actually learn from other people without feeling depressed about your ladder ranking.

Yes, although I'll still play ranked. I'm achievement person.

Is this in WoL game client? I really haven't played the game since 2 months post launch. Will start it up now and see.

Yes, and it's pretty cool

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haven't played SC2 for about 6 months now, can't wait for this :3
Listen to BIGBANG while laddering? :3 will take you immediately to GM!

Jezbollah

Guys here is the "link" to the US Neogaf group

starcraft://group/1/4508

take that link and copy it to any menu based chat and click on it to access the group quickly. (Assuming you haven't already joined.)

Thanks EJ.

Just to add - all that you should need to do is paste this into an Internet browser and it should launch SC2. You log in, and the group should appear. (this is on a Mac by the way - I'm sure it must be the same with Windows).

If you're not in the US region, you may not get the region tab to appear. Just log into the US server, log out then do the steps above.

Also, Profit, the European group is currently marked as Private, any chance you can open it up? Thanks :)

profit

Thanks EJ.

Just to add - all that you should need to do is paste this into an Internet browser and it should launch SC2. You log in, and the group should appear. (this is on a Mac by the way - I'm sure it must be the same with Windows).

If you're not in the US region, you may not get the region tab to appear. Just log into the US server, log out then do the steps above.

Also, Profit, the European group is currently marked as Private, any chance you can open it up? Thanks :)
Oh really? Will open it up when I get home! And if I dont fall asleep as soon as I arrive...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I need to build endurance so hard. I can play about the same level as I did about a year ago, which is about Gold/Plat, but I wear myself out way too fast multi-tasking.

Deadman

Blizz has posted some of the unit skin upgrades you can get.

MpzBOIS.jpg

fatty

Blizz has posted some of the unit skin upgrades you can get.

MpzBOIS.jpg

I like these, and it still is consistent with the look of the rest of the game (no wacky out of place or goofy skins, at least not yet).

I'm assuming these become available as you level up? Like decals, portraits, etc.?

profit

I like these, and it still is consistent with the look of the rest of the game (no wacky out of place or goofy skins, at least not yet).

I'm assuming these become available as you level up? Like decals, portraits, etc.?
That is correct!

Nome

I don't see how they're going to implement model changes without destroying gameplay readability, especially when upgrades already cause model changes.

cdyhybrid

I don't see how they're going to implement model changes without destroying gameplay readability, especially when upgrades already cause model changes.

Valve did it in DotA2. You just need strong art direction and a consistent vision, IMO.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, will you be streaming?
I can stream smoothly at a pretty decent quality, but I can't for the love of me get used to playing with a framerate that's below 100 :(. Definitely check out my page (twitch.tv/yoshichan) when the game goes live... I think that I'll be streaming some action after I've finished the single-player (yes, I'm one of those guys! I loved WoL sp!)

Yoshichan

Dat rage stream.
Last time I streamed for GAF, I broke a keyboard in half while playing DkS... I just alt F4'd the entire thing and left the stream without a good bye :lol... Felt so bad afterwards, so I stopped streaming.

Yoshichan

Can the extra skin for the observer turn it into a carrier-size unit? Plz Blizz

BlackJace

I can stream smoothly at a pretty decent quality, but I can't for the love of me get used to playing with a framerate that's below 100 :(. Definitely check out my page (twitch.tv/yoshichan) when the game goes live... I think that I'll be streaming some action after I've finished the single-player (yes, I'm one of those guys! I loved WoL sp!)

Will do!

Yoshichan

Less than a week till launch and I still have only heard the new protoss MP song... where can I find the new zerg/terran song?! :(

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Less than a week till launch and I still have only heard the new protoss MP song... where can I find the new zerg/terran song?! :(

The Protoss song isn't really new is it? I thought it was just one of the BW tracks.

Yoshichan

Crap, should've ordered earlier. Amazon currently out of stock of the CE. Hopefully they get some more in. I don't have to play on Day 1, but I'd much rather buy it from Amazon than running out somewhere since I have a ton of credit there. Hopefully the get some more in the next few days - will definitely order it next time I see it up.

(There's some 3rd party that's selling it for $85, but I'm not gonna bite on that.)

Loofy

Were all the files for the pre-install in the recent patch? I hope I dont have to do much downloading on launch, cause you know the servers will be borked.

Ecto311

Crap, should've ordered earlier. Amazon currently out of stock of the CE. Hopefully they get some more in. I don't have to play on Day 1, but I'd much rather buy it from Amazon than running out somewhere since I have a ton of credit there. Hopefully the get some more in the next few days - will definitely order it next time I see it up.

(There's some 3rd party that's selling it for $85, but I'm not gonna bite on that.)

Digital CE is still showing from blizzard unless you want the box and mouse pad.

Yoshichan

Lazy of them to use the WoL "mercenary" marine as a skin instead of making a new one like the zealot/zergling-one.

Yoshichan

Nice! They just sent my copy :D

I'm getting it either Friday or Monday! Excited!!!

Top Bottom