• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Veezy

que?
Zeratul gathers the Protoss forces, battling rival factions, Terran pirates and/or remnants of Mengsk's armies, and the Zerg brood that Kerrigan conveniently forgot about. Along the way he gains allies, new units, and ridiculous upgrades like Colossi that can fly or some shit.

In the end there's an epic battle where he teams up with Kerrigan and Raynor to kill the evil guy.

That sounds fucking awesome.

Can you promise me there'll be terrible dialogue that sounds like it was written by a ninth grader putting together fanfiction for a creative writing class combined with being lifted from every SyFi channel B movie ever?

Schuhu

Neo Member
Zeratul gathers the Protoss forces, battling rival factions, Terran pirates and/or remnants of Mengsk's armies, and the Zerg brood that Kerrigan conveniently forgot about. Along the way he gains allies, new units, and ridiculous upgrades like Colossi that can fly or some shit.

In the end there's an epic battle where he teams up with Kerrigan and Raynor to kill the evil guy.

Maybe they find some old tech in the sea of Aiur (Colossi *cough cough* Oh, how could we forgot these in the whole invasion of Aiur)

That sounds fucking awesome.

Can you promise me there'll be terrible dialogue that sounds like it was written by a ninth grader putting together fanfiction for a creative writing class combined with being lifted from every SyFi channel B movie ever?

Yes, but the missions will be awesome.

ShaneB

Noted about the cheese tactic used to beat me in that short match :( Just leave me alone and let me build! Maybe for GAF/scrub night we can play some micro/macro battles so I can just focus on building :p

Ketch

Noted about the cheese tactic used to beat me in that short match :( Just leave me alone and let me build! Maybe for GAF/scrub night we can play some micro/macro battles so I can just focus on building :p

The good news is, as long as your macroing, all you have to do is survive the early cheese and you basically win by default. You can even defend with your workers and still come out on top

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
22 minute game, 362 apm as off-race zerg... yeaaaah, HotS APM is way off :lol

Ketch

I don't understand how they can screw up counting the APM. How many times you input a command per minute, yet some how they're waaay off?

sixghost

22 minute game, 362 apm as off-race zerg... yeaaaah, HotS APM is way off :lol

It has to be almost 2x the actual value. It's like they are just generating a random number.
I don't understand how they can screw up counting the APM. How many times you input a command per minute, yet some how they're waaay off?

It's astounding how much they mess with it. Capture the total actions from mouse/kb, divide minutes elapsed, then create some sort of APM without spam value that doesn't count people spamming hotkeys to get an effective APM value.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's astounding how much they mess with it. Capture the total actions from mouse/kb, divide minutes elapsed, then create some sort of APM without spam value that doesn't count people spamming hotkeys to get an effective APM value.
Math is hard. Blizzard told me so.

If you guys want the correct apm upload the replay to drop.sc and click the apm tab.

In game blizz says my apm is 230
drop.sc has the correct apm of 120 for the same game.

StayDead

~Forever Diamond~

Everyone who I used to know/talk to now who were in Diamond before have all got into Masters but me, god damnit I'll do it this time but it's relatively annoying all considering. I've been Diamond since the WoL beta :p

Ketch

The silly thing about it all is that APM doesn't even matter. They made up some crazy algorithm for a stat that doesn't even really mean anything.

~Forever Diamond~

Everyone who I used to know/talk to now who were in Diamond before have all got into Masters but me, god damnit I'll do it this time but it's relatively annoying all considering. I've been Diamond since the WoL beta :p

you gotta become the 2% bro.

Also dunno if you saw my old post, but I was down for practicing with you.

The silly thing about it all is that APM doesn't even matter. They made up some crazy algorithm for a stat that doesn't even really mean anything.

Well it means something. Just not as much as people make it out to be.

Paches

~Forever Diamond~

Same story for me. I figure I play too infrequently to ever crack Master.

Ketch

I mean it think doesn't really mean anything as a stat. Like compared to the other stuff on that screen, like number of workers active, time supply capped, unspent resources. If you fix those stats then APM will increase automatically.

Or for example, keeping your army alive is important. If you can do that with 5 clicks its probably better then doing it with 15 clicks.

Right?

I mean it think doesn't really mean anything as a stat. Like compared to the other stuff on that screen, like number of workers active, time supply capped, unspent resources. If you fix those stats then APM will increase automatically.

Or for example, keeping your army alive is important. If you can do that with 5 clicks its probably better then doing it with 15 clicks.

Right?

You're talking about efficiency. Doing the same exact thing with less or just doing it faster is of course the better way to go about it.

The thing about Starcraft is there is always something to do no matter what. Even at the start you can make your probes mine more optimally by grouping them to closer patches. So the best players will always have extremely high apm peak until they hit their speed plateau.

But yeah I understand you bro.

Yoshichan

Should be 50% to encourage LoL players to come play this game too.

mackaveli

anyone have a guest pass to try out HOTS for 10 days?

I'm not sure if I want to buy the game as I wasn't having as much fun at the end of WOL.

Not sure if you get a 10 day pass with HOTS or not but guess I'd ask.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
~Forever Diamond~

What race? Just curious.

zeox

~Forever Diamond~

you and me both. for some reason I just can't seem to get over to the other side. I guess I don't play enough

anyone have a guest pass to try out HOTS for 10 days?

I'm not sure if I want to buy the game as I wasn't having as much fun at the end of WOL.

Not sure if you get a 10 day pass with HOTS or not but guess I'd ask.

I think only WoL guest passes exist :(

Yoshichan

What if I have inside info that LotV will contain a fourth race?

Think about it for a second.

I've realised that even at my lowely level constant aggression is needed zvp, since they can get 3 base much easier now, it's like whatever army comp I make is outdated by the time I face the deathball. roaches are useful for about 5 min window, same as hydra really once they have collo and the final void ray/templar/collo/stalker army...yeah I just flat out get stomped by that. So constant mid game ling and muta harass is a good way to go? I tried swarm hosts, i can't effectively control that shit heh. But it's a fun matchup now.

mackaveli

you and me both. for some reason I just can't seem to get over to the other side. I guess I don't play enough

I think only WoL guest passes exist :(

Actually the WoL guest passes work for HOTS. I used my old WoL guest pass and created a new account and I played HOTS. Only for 7 hours or 14 days. Sucks theres a timer on it.

SamuraiX-

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Winter Exhibition

Fifteen of the world’s best StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Pros face off in the Consolation Bracket from the Winter Championship. Find out who takes home the $1,500 prize in the best of 5 series, single-elimination bracket.

Current Matchup:
Ticon_small.png
(1) MarineKing vs
Picon_small.png
(0) Seed

Game 2 going on right now.

Remaining Schedule:
Wednesday, 3/27: Bly vs Suppy
Thursday, 3/28: Vibe vs State
Friday, 3/29: Huk vs BabyKnight
Monday, 4/1: Minigun vs Creator
Tuesday, 4/2: Sase vs Goswser
Wednesday, 4/3: CJ herO vs Feast
Thursday, 4/4: Quarterfinals Match 1
Friday, 4/5: Quarterfinals Match 2
Monday, 4/8: Quarterfinals Match 3
Tuesday, 4/9: Quarterfinals Match 4
Wednesday, 4/1 Semifinals Match 1
Thursday, 4/11: Semifinals Match 2
Friday, 4/12: Finals

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Fuck.

I think I just got banned :(

Oh well :lol

Striek

If you guys want the correct apm upload the replay to drop.sc and click the apm tab.

In game blizz says my apm is 230
drop.sc has the correct apm of 120 for the same game.

I don't think thats accurate either. Drop.sc has my APM at 150, it was ~80-110 in WoL. Probably expect some increase from playing T, but still. Unless its adjusted for real time.

I'm running GAF Night tomorrow Wednesday at 8PM EST.

This will take place on the US SERVER you can participate by using the new ingame server switcher button that appears on the login screen!

I'm going to try to set up lots of inhouse teamgames, FFA's, 1v1 obs, and even some Arcade games. This for the most part will be run by me for at the minimum 2 hours. Please try your best to use the mumble server during it!

Please use the mumble server during GAF night!
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739

I don't think thats accurate either. Drop.sc has my APM at 150, it was ~80-110 in WoL. Probably expect some increase from playing T, but still. Unless its adjusted for real time.

You're probably right but at least it's more correct than the current blizz one, lol.

Top Bottom