• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

StayDead

The practice partner thread on TL is such a good way of meeting other like minded people to practice with (EscapingJail you're next on my list, I'll just have to make sure to log over to the US server), I've had some really good TvZ's and TvTs so far and the TvTs especially have given me so much more confidence as I now think I finally have a way of playing mech that can hold bases with very few units while also dealing with drops. It really is all about positioning <3

Mumei

StayDead, thanks!

I don't think Mumei actually plays SC2 and only watches, I was just pointing out why he made the mistake.

This is right. And I knew the starting worker count changed in SCII; I was just at work and kinda.... forgot. Oops.

The practice partner thread on TL is such a good way of meeting other like minded people to practice with (EscapingJail you're next on my list, I'll just have to make sure to log over to the US server), I've had some really good TvZ's and TvTs so far and the TvTs especially have given me so much more confidence as I now think I finally have a way of playing mech that can hold bases with very few units while also dealing with drops. It really is all about positioning <3

Yeah haha, I've actually been in that thread for a long ass time myself. It's a really nice way to meet like minded similar skilled people. Both of my best starcraft buddies have come from that thread.

StayDead

Yeah haha, I've actually been in that thread for a long ass time myself. It's a really nice way to meet like minded similar skilled people. Both of my best starcraft buddies have come from that thread.

My Starcraft buddies pretty much came from the Mech Resources thread, we all just hang out in the "mech" channel on EU it's pretty cool :p

jasonng

I'm running GAF Night tomorrow Wednesday at 8PM EST.

This will take place on the US SERVER you can participate by using the new ingame server switcher button that appears on the login screen!

I'm going to try to set up lots of inhouse teamgames, FFA's, 1v1 obs, and even some Arcade games. This for the most part will be run by me for at the minimum 2 hours. Please try your best to use the mumble server during it!

Please use the mumble server during GAF night!
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739

It's not official without a banner!

lOAXv.png

It's the old one with the wrong time. Someone stream the games tomorrow. I want to watch.

Novid

Banned
I don't get why they went with "essence"...

Why not just say "DNA" or "genes"?

Zerg deconstruct other life forms and can integrate favorable characteristics. They're organic Borg.

I know I shouldn't waste time picking apart Blizz writing but their games deserve better, it's so weak next to the artwork and music.

DinoZerg use essence - Amon used Gentics. Major Diffrence between DinoZerg Ultralisk and Amon/Overmind Strain. Dahaka explained it simply. Just that everybody keep forgetting Genes don't mean the same as actual "spirit"

Haha I just moved up to plat today. Jumped 2 leagues in 2 games. First it promoted me to gold, then when I won my first gold league game it promoted me to plat.

Promoted out of Bronze hell and into silver. Woo!

Congrats. That league is a hellhole and is really miserable to get out of in my experience. If you have good mechanics you should find silver a bit easier. Much less cheese and insanity.

FluxWaveZ

Early-mid game PvZ: Mothership Core Time Warp + Archons + Zealots = OP

Had the supply lead with Roaches about 9-10 minutes into the game despite losing my third to DTs. Then dude comes in with a few Archons and a handful of Zealots, throws down 2 Time Warps and then my army disintegrates. (Replay)

What's a Zerg to do?

mbmonk

GGs to Ketch, mbmonk, and FelixLighter! Fun times :)

Yea. I had a great time. Maybe next time I will be slightly less idiotic in my play. I doubt it, but heres to hoping :)
I'm running GAF Night tomorrow Wednesday at 8PM EST.

This will take place on the US SERVER you can participate by using the new ingame server switcher button that appears on the login screen!

I'm going to try to set up lots of inhouse teamgames, FFA's, 1v1 obs, and even some Arcade games. This for the most part will be run by me for at the minimum 2 hours. Please try your best to use the mumble server during it!

Please use the mumble server during GAF night!
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739

You're probably right but at least it's more correct than the current blizz one, lol.

Cant wait!

Vaporak

Early-mid game PvZ: Mothership Core Time Warp + Archons + Zealots = OP

Had the supply lead with Roaches about 9-10 minutes into the game despite losing my third to DTs. Then dude comes in with a few Archons and a handful of Zealots, throws down 2 Time Warps and then my army disintegrates. (Replay)

What's a Zerg to do?

Mass roach is the classic counter to zealot archon, and it works even better now that there is no more vortex.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently a 2 base gateway + void ray push up the front door while taking a third behind it is cheese now. And I quote "your so *#&$ gay" "like what satisfaction do you get from playing like such a $%&$#" followed by further insults. I even revealed i was going stargate with a failed oracle harass earlier so it wasn't like i was hiding it.

You'd think that type of attitude is limited to bronze league, but this is was actually gold league.

On a side note, stargate PvT is crazy powerful in the mid-lower leagues. Everyone always over makes marauders and medivacs, so with the void ray AI prioritizing marines anyhow, you can easily keep them alive and just get into a spot where you get a critical unstoppable mass of void rays.

Ketch

Yea GGs to the scrub league! Let's get some more people, that was fun stuff. Anybody know if that HotS observer mode mod thing (with the betting and what not) is available with different map versions?

If it makes the guys I beat feel better I went onto the ladder and got crushed a couple times over so... yea. It keeps putting me up against platinums and ugh it's not fun. I dropped down to like 48th, and then won one and got boosted back up to 35. So damnit, I want to get to top 25 (silver)! Hey, you gotta have goals.

New mouse pad and new keyboard makes for some squicky smooth playing though. Now I just need to get good enough to justify them.

edit: PM me for invites to the scrub league.

played another match: lame protoss tried to cannon rush me, which I defended with workers, and then he DT rushed right after that which was easy to defend with overseers, and he still had some blink stalkers back at his base to defend so I had to over come that too... despite his cheese it was still pretty fun. Winning is always more fun then loosing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did I ever complain about the B.net launcher? It really, really sucks.

Apparently a 2 base gateway + void ray push up the front door while taking a third behind it is cheese now. And I quote "your so *#&$ gay" "like what satisfaction do you get from playing like such a $%&$#" followed by further insults. I even revealed i was going stargate with a failed oracle harass earlier so it wasn't like i was hiding it.

You'd think that type of attitude is limited to bronze league, but this is was actually gold league.

On a side note, stargate PvT is crazy powerful in the mid-lower leagues. Everyone always over makes marauders and medivacs, so with the void ray AI prioritizing marines anyhow, you can easily keep them alive and just get into a spot where you get a critical unstoppable mass of void rays.

When I was in the lower leagues I never lost even a single game against Protoss except to some diamond player that just happened to match with me somehow (I also fucked up my build that game). The secret is to be hyper aggressive. I literally dropped or attacked every time I had 2 medivacs pop out of my starport (the counter I used haha). Most of them just fall apart to this as lower league toss just wants to turtle to 200/200 and 1a against terran.

f0rk

I should at the start of GAF night again, might not pay as long though. The clocks go back for me on sunday so probably won't make any more after this one

Aylinato

I should at the start of GAF night again, might not pay as long though. The clocks go back for me on sunday so probably won't make any more after this one

/weak sauce.

:p

Anyway I have been seeing problems with getting disconnected still.

Also, o my fucking god oracles melt marines like nothing. Holy shit man. 8 oracles vs like 30 marines /melted marine boots left.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
/weak sauce.

Also, o my fucking god oracles melt marines like nothing. Holy shit man. 8 oracles vs like 30 marines /melted marine boots left.

This is why MC's stargate opener is so lethal vs a fast expanding terran.

Aylinato

This is why MC's stargate opener is so lethal vs a fast expanding terran.

Yeah it was the first time I got the use them in team games. My opponents went mass marines/lings/mutas. My ally had a mixed army with my oracles/nix/zealots. It was beautiful to watch everything melt

Vaporak

/weak sauce.

30 Marines is 1500 minerals. 8 Oracles is 1200 minerals and 1200 gas. Using a conservative 1 gas = 2 minerals, that leaves 8 oracles as more than double the cost of 30 marines. Would you be so surprised that 60 marines melt 30 marines?

30 Marines is 1500 minerals. 8 Oracles is 1200 minerals and 1200 gas. Using a conservative 1 gas = 2 minerals, that leaves 8 oracles as more than double the cost of 30 marines. Would you be so surprised that 60 marines melt 30 marines?

Do 8 oracles really melt 30 marines with stim? I can see them perhaps winning but I can't see them escaping with any significant amount remaining. Also your math is very biased. You are overlooking other factors. 30 marines is 30 supply while 8 oracles is 24. Furthermore, oracles are more expensive because they have other abilities other than a ranged attack. Oracles are also air units and thus far more mobile.

Aylinato

Do 8 oracles really melt 30 marines with stim? I can see them perhaps winning but I can't see them escaping with any significant amount remaining. Also your math is very biased. You are overlooking other factors. 30 marines is 30 supply while 8 oracles is 24. Furthermore, oracles are more expensive because they have other abilities other than a ranged attack. Oracles are also air units and thus far more mobile.

gas is more precious than minerals...minerals are like nothing at all.

ShaneB

?

Whats wrong with it? Seems fine to me.

Agreed, huh? I just skip the launcher anyway, so.. *shrug*

Really need to work on my multitasking. Any time I tried to be a little agressive, it usually meant I'd completely ignore building/producing and just focus on my little task force.

Damn those terran drop tactics too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oracles are supposed to avoid marines like mutas avoid them.

Edit: how do you skip the launcher? It doesn't work 50% of the time, and it's pissing me off.

a3den

Not surprised. From his performance at MLG, I don't even think he is the best foreigner anymore. Heck, not even best foreign Zerg.

So who's the new foreign boss according to you ?

TBH I disagree completely. He'll rise again or retire, this guy is either too good to be mid-tier foreigner or too lazy to continue playing. Let him just have fun for a while and play the game (his account just went GM last night, that should tell you how much he played since the launch), then we'll see.

Top Bottom