• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II | HomeStory Cup XI/Total Biscuits Shoutcraft Tournaments Jan 5-8

Zen

Banned
Enjoy STARCRAFT? Feel free to post in our active community thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519039

Special thanks to SamuraiX whose template I used to create this thread, hopefully all in well!
Homestory Cup IX

Streams

HomeStory Cup IX is a StarCraft II Tournament hosted by Dennis "TaKe" Gehlen at his studio apartment in Krefeld, Germany from June 20th to June 23rd.
The HomeStory Cup, organized by Dennis "TaKe" Gehlen, is a tournament where TaKe invites star players from around the world into his home to compete
and socialize with one another. Providing multiple streams and interviews over three to four days, it is a fun atmosphere for both players and fans alike.
The event is also a Tier 2 WCS event, thus distributing WCS Points for the top 16.

Format

Two Group Stages:
  • Round of 32 Stage: 8 groups of 4 players each (Best of 3 matches)
  • Round of 16 Stage: 4 groups of 4 players each (Best of 3 matches)
The top two players from each group in the Round of 16 will advance to the Playoffs:
  • Single-elimination bracket (Best of 5 matches)
  • Best of 7 Grand Final

Prize Pool

$25,000 and WCS Points will be distributed among players as follows:
  • 1st Place - $10,000 +750 WCS Points
  • 2nd Place - $6,500 + 500 WCS Points
  • 3rd Place - $3,000 + 375WCS Points
  • 4th Place - $2,000 + 375 WCS Points
  • 5th-8th Place - $875 + 250 WCS Points
  • 9th-12th Place - 125 WCS Points
  • 13th-16th Place - 125 WCS Points

Participants

brackets.png

Tournament Results

Total Biscuits Sandisk Shoutcraft Invitational
GyRrOeh.png

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZtyUHDDAww

Streams

When

Group A - Thursday, Jun 05 5:00pm MDT (GMT-06:00)

Group B - Friday, Jun 06 5:00pm MDT (GMT-06:00)

Semi Finals - Saturday, Jun 07 6:00pm MDT (GMT-06:00)

Bronze Match/Finals - Sunday, Jun 08 5:00pm MDT (GMT-06:00)

Participants

YUH7J3P.png

Map pool

Frost
Outboxer v1.1
Habitation Station
The King Sejong Station
Merry Go Round
Overgrowth
Waystation

Double veto per player in RO8. 1 veto per player in RO4 onwards, map pool repeats if it goes to game 6 or further.

It's a pleasure to be returning with the SHOUTcraft Invitational and we'd like to thank Sandisk for making that possible.

Prizepool - $10,000

First Place prize - $4500
Second Place prize - $2500
Third place prize - $1100
Fourth place prize - $600
RO8 - $325

Casters

English - TotalBiscuit and Artosis
Korean - Axiom eSports
Chinese - NeoTV

Introducing Sandisk

In what is going to be the most stacked SHOUTcraft lineup, perhaps even the most stacked online invitational lineup in Starcraft 2 history, we are happy to welcome our sponsor SanDisk who are dipping their toes into the eSports waters for the first time. SanDisk is a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, one of the largest on the planet. SanDisk has been involved in gaming for a very longtime, producing high performance SSDs for demanding PC gamers, USB, SD and Memory stick products for handheld gaming devices. SanDisk will be unveiling a new performance product for PC gamers alongside this event. We hope to give SanDisk a great first experience in eSports with the passionate Starcraft 2 fanbase.

Format

Once again we are shaking things up for the format this time around. We want to make sure the viewers get to see more matchups in a format that doesn't take all night. We'll be using the fairly standard dual-tournament format for the group stage. 2 groups of 4 will battle it out, 4 players will be eliminated, 4 will advance. Advancing in first place will give a player the edge, as they will play against the 2nd place player from the opposite group. That's where things start to get intense. These players are the best of the best so what better way to experience their electrifying skill than to watch them battle it out in a BO7? Every match from the RO4 onwards will be BO7 format, which will include a veto for each player, a 7 map pool and map repetition where necessary. We've crafted this format after consulting numerous progamers and we've agreed that this allows players to show their full range of playstyles and gives absolute classic matchs to the viewers. It's rare to get to see even two of these players battle it out in a Best of 7, let alone four and of course we'll be including a bronze match to determine 3rd place, giving us yet another fantastic series to watch. As a result of this format, the Sandisk SHOUTcraft Invitational will take place over a 4 day period.

Lineup

After a long time spent building relationships with the Korean teams we've confirmed an incredible lineup for this event. Some of the players you'll be seeing here have never competed in an online invitational. A unique cooperation with Korean teams has given us the opportunity to enjoy games from players rarely seen outside of Proleague. These guys don't just play any tournament, they only compete in the best, so we hope to live up to the challenge. In return, we are reaching out to the Korean fanbase to provide them with a unique experience. The tournament will be cast in Korean direct from the Axiom teamhouse, featuring our lineup of progamers as expert analysts. Joining the Korean cast and cast in English by TotalBiscuit and Artosis, we have the very best from China, with the guys over at NeoTV providing their commentary expertise for the Chinese audience. This is a unique event and we wanted to make sure we reached out to audiences flourishing in the Asian territories.

Syf

Banned
Thanks for the thread Zen! :D

Some good matches already today. MC bringing his amazing casting as usual.

Haines

Banned
Stopped watching StarCraft shortly after hots.

Stephani isn't retired anymore? In control is a player again? Where did idea go. Is he still casting?

Syf

Banned
Stopped watching StarCraft shortly after hots.

Stephani isn't retired anymore? In control is a player again? Where did idea go. Is he still casting?
Stephano is sorta semi-retired. I think he's going to school and participating in tournaments when he has time. Incontrol is pretty much just a caster these days; you don't see him play in pro events very often. And do you mean Idra? If so, he got kicked off of Evil Geniuses for talking shit to fans and quit the Starcraft 2 scene.

Zen

Banned
Hey people sorry for the ship shod OT will be including Total Biscuits Tournament as well, just have to do some edited. I seriously recommend watching it, the lineup is beautiful! Will update OP quickly.

Also hilarious Incontrol Highlight from earlier

Incontrol on the British Accent

Haines

Banned
Stephano is sorta semi-retired. I think he's going to school and participating in tournaments when he has time. Incontrol is pretty much just a caster these days; you don't see him play in pro events very often. And do you mean Idra? If so, he got kicked off of Evil Geniuses for talking shit to fans and quit the Starcraft 2 scene.

Yeah idra. He got kicked than streamed. So he quit gaming all together?

Haines

Banned
Has there been any word on the third expansion? I loved StarCraft but after years of 2,burnt out on it. Even went to nasl t.o and MLG Columbus when marineking won.

I hope it makes a comeback with some cool new stuff...

Syf

Banned
Has there been any word on the third expansion? I loved StarCraft but after years of 2,burnt out on it. Even went to nasl t.o and MLG Columbus when marineking won.

There was a Blizzard employee at the IEM championship a while back who said they're "hard at work" on Legacy of the Void. We're hoping to get some solid info at Blizzcon this year. And yeah, I hope they're being ambitious with it.

kasane

see you in 2017 then

Zen

Banned
They have been taking, what seems to me, to be an abnormally long time to even talk about Legacy of the Void, since it will be the final expansion I think they are really taking their time.

Thats ok though! Hots is amazing :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MOTHER OF GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

yoshi chan back to star craftuuuu PogChamp

I NEVER LEFT I JUST STOPPED DOCUMENTING IT (playing and watching the shit out of SC2)

DREAMHACK SUMMER WILL BE INTEEEEEEEENSE AS FUCK

Zen

Banned
This is uhhh some serious casting happening here.

TB and Artosis? I would not expect anything less.

It is nice to see a terran using the hellbats but still deviating away from the terrible bio hellbat medivac composition, even nerfed widow mines are better than no widow mines.

Found game 1 way better than game 2 tbh. Game 2 only really got interesting for about a minute when Life almost chain fungaled all the Ravens to death. Otherwise it was mech vs Muta/Swarm Hosts which is probably my least favorite match up to watch. In game 1 Flash would have won that game much sooner against almost anyone else except for Life. Most Zerg's would try to macro up and get wrecked by Terran's next push, Life is like fuck that I'm going to keep making units and catch my economy up by killing yours. I think Life could have survived that all-in by Flash if he sacrificed in 3rd and turtled in his natural until he had a decent amount of Muta's.

Syf

Banned
Yeah game one was great too. I guess it depends which style of game you prefer to watch.

Innovation vs herO now.. hell of a losers match.

Top Bottom