• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II | HomeStory Cup XI/Total Biscuits Shoutcraft Tournaments Jan 5-8

Haven't posted much in this thread but this has been a fantastic tournament. We've actually had a few foreigner upsets and terran have had a great showing. That plus HSC has been as fun as ever, so much crazy stuff happening.

On a random note it's kinda funny how no matter what's happening on the second stream seemingly no one switches over to it. There was only 5K people watching dayshi, a foreign terran, make the semi final of a tournament stacked with Korean talent beating bomber a fan favourite.

Meanwhile on the main stream there were 30K+ people watching ads and a countdown to the next match for almost 10 minutes.

Solid series. They brought it to game five.

There was some uncharacteristically sloppy play from both players in game 4 and 5. Game 4 in particular was mind boggling on both sides. Overall though there was some pretty cool play. Loved Taejas usage of tanks in that series. I also like his willingness to actually change unit comps during a match. Just because you start off using mines or hellbats doesn't mean you aren't allowed to build tanks for the whole match.

That's one of the first times (if not only tims) i've ever seen a terran actually shift there factory to a tech lab and start tank production after opening up with mines/hellbats.

Syf

Banned
Sounds good. I think HSC usually releases the full replay pack, gonna have to take a look.

Anyway go Scarlett! I love terran but an all-TvT final four is a little too much lol.

Zen

Banned
Someone who does not get much recognition but is awesome.

Smix - Vlog 1 - Why I Love Starcraft

Oh god, this game is brutal. I'm a huge fan of strategy games, so I assumed I wouldn't do toooo badly.

Boy was I wrong, the two games i've played (unranked) have a combined playtime of maybe 14 minutes.

Can anyone recommend an online resource that's good for beginners to this ridiculous game?

http://youtu.be/RUohpQKVf_A

If you are playing terran I can give you my handle and help you out. :D

Also make sure to check out our community thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519039

Syf

Banned
Should be better games tonight. Bbyong vs Zest and Flash vs herO. KT Rolster vs CJ Entus! Starts in 50 minutes.

Syf

Banned
Yeah I think so, if TL is right. Should be Bbyong and Zest first up.

Edit: Looks like the TL start time was wrong, lol

Syf

Banned
SCV pull is such a waste and rarely do the SCVs ever actually do any good. Hate watching terrans do that. I've seen it work in a pro game maybe twice.

Man screw Bbyong for playing like crap. So many mistakes. Thought I might become a fan but nope after the last 2 games.

Anyways GO FLASH!

SCV pull is such a waste and rarely do the SCVs ever actually do any good. Hate watching terrans do that. I've seen it work in a pro game maybe twice.

It's like they're just going through the motions and not executing it properly. They just a move with their scv's and get slaughtered. Funny thing is usually when the scv's die and they start microing they do better. If an scv pull isn't controlled really well (scvs should be at the front for a start) then it's just an awful build and is just sending meat to the grinder. Most times i watch it they could do just as well without pulling the scvs.

Zen

Banned
I sort of wonder if terrans should start defacto putting a bunker at their thirds in tvp, Flash won that game off the back of his his hidden expo and fast 4th. XD

kasane

the hype is real

flash is gonna ascend towards the heavens and leave us unworthy ones in this mortal earth.

kasane

i always wanted to do 3 cc zerg style in bronze since everybody has shit macro

how much is the prize pool btw?

Syf

Banned
what u say biskie-kun???
UYSrZeo.gif

sorry for biebs

Zen

Banned
i always wanted to do 3 cc zerg style in bronze since everybody has shit macro

how much is the prize pool btw?

Prizepool - $10,000

First Place prize - $4500
Second Place prize - $2500
Third place prize - $1100
Fourth place prize - $600
RO8 - $325

Sandisc must be happy, and their extreme pro SSDs are now sold out. I have to say that TBs advertisement for them in between games sounds extremely compelling. I think I might get a Sandisc SSD sometime soon. I trust TB to put his name behind a solid product.

Also, TB is a megaman fan, showing him to be a man of taste and culture.

Top Bottom