• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II | HomeStory Cup XI/Total Biscuits Shoutcraft Tournaments Jan 5-8

Zen

Banned
I am happy to hear TB, hope he is doing well.

They have said that there is no disease in the other organs (the cancer has not spread) so it should be fairly straight forward for him. He is such a monster, to do everything he does, and put on this tournament, with everything that is going on with him.

Holy shit at the massive balls herO had to sacrifice most of his Probes to kill the bunkers and Marines so Innovation had nothing at home to defend the Oracles.

Syf

Banned
Damn, was hoping Life would make the playoffs. HerO played great though. That VR switch. Hopefully DRG will pull through tomorrow so we get a zerg in the ro4.

survivor

Banned
Missed the shoutcraft games, but will tune in for the European rebroadcast. I tried to watch them on twitch a bit ago, but apparently I need to subscribe to watch an older broadcast.

Glad Flash showed his dominance. I was worried he would go for 1-4 or something like that.

They have said that there is no disease in the other organs (the cancer has not spread) so it should be fairly straight forward for him.

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that (cancer survivor here). There's no observable spread. Given the nature of our imaging technology, you can never be 100% sure that there has been no spread, so an "All Clear" is never an "All Clear," but more an "All Clear for now." Depending on the specific type of cancer, and the statistics involving it, there is a time of followup where you are getting probably periodic CTs and marker blood tests (the period between tests usually extending the farther you our out from the diagnosis/initial treatment. This can go on from anywhere from a few years to a couple decades.

It sucks.

Zen

Banned
Well, it's a bit more complicated than that (cancer survivor here). There's no observable spread. Given the nature of our imaging technology, you can never be 100% sure that there has been no spread, so an "All Clear" is never an "All Clear," but more an "All Clear for now." Depending on the specific type of cancer, and the statistics involving it, there is a time of followup where you are getting probably periodic CTs and marker blood tests (the period between tests usually extending the farther you our out from the diagnosis/initial treatment. This can go on from anywhere from a few years to a couple decades.

It sucks.

Hey thanks for the perspective and congrats on beating it, though I thought that they cut him open to check? Because the terminology they used was ~TB out of surgery, updates soon~ on reddit and whatnot. Though I guess at the end of the day, it is tentatively good news for him.

Wonder how these games effect Innovation since he also plays in Code S tonight.

What mach does he have or is it groups?

Hey thanks for the perspective and congrats on beating it, though I thought that they cut him open to check? Because the terminology they used was ~TB out of surgery, updates soon~ on reddit and whatnot. Though I guess at the end of the day, it is tentatively good news for him.

What mach does he have or is it groups?

Groups. He opens against Zest and the other two people in his group are Shine and Soulkey.

None if it is exact. His twitter says he has follow up chemo, which is normal, so that just goes to show that there's always a chance, and the job of the doctors is to make that chance as small as possible up front, then follow up and regular checkups..

Zen

Banned
Homestory Cup Day 1 retrospective

Didn't see any posts about it and was really surprised by the results.

Edit: Score was 2-1. First game Balloon beat Bomber in a ZvT macro game. Last couple he got terran and 2-rax reapered Bomber in both. Last game Balloon got BO win since Bomber was 2-raxing him (with marines instead of reapers).

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/27h35d/balloon_random_player_just_beat_bomber_in_hsc_9/

Balloon, who saw that coming XD

The @sandisk SHOUTcraft Invitational got over 155,000 unique viewers on Day 1 according to Twitch. :D ~ Total Biscuit

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/474912424202891265

And we are only done group A

Take TV/HomeStoryCup are doing stretch goals FYI Everyone was asking for Jaedong versus Stork in a Broodwar Showmatch, saying they would pay for it, well...

HSC IX - Jaedong vs Stork BroodWar match, if..

akeTV is doing stretch goals for the amount of Subscribers.

1400 - Tug of War: iNcontrol + Targa vs. 5 koreans

1800 - Singstar: ??

2200 - Dancebattle: Jaedong + MMA vs. Harstem + BlinG

2500 - He hints for a Jaedong vs Stork showmatch

If you want a Jaedong Stork showmatch in Broodwar so bad, then go subscribe to Take. People even said: I would pay money to see that. Then do it! You also support the HomeStoryCup of course.

glhf!

Source: http://www.twitch.tv/taketv/b/535781138?t=252m40s

I would love to see Incontrol play Tug of War XD

Awful game by Hasuobs. No way a Protoss should lose to a Zerg that late. Colossi/Archon/Void Ray/Tempest/Mothership destroys anything Zerg can make.

Zen

Banned
01ae9e039c.jpg

Syf

Banned
Looking forward to that group D. I want to see how far Balloon goes.

Also HerO was just eliminated in Shoutcraft. Bbyong vs DRG coming up. The Flash game tomorrow will be either TvZ or TvT bo7. :D

Aaron

Sleeping at odd hours, but no matter when I wake up there's Starcraft on. DRG just smashed Bbyong like he was laddering.

Syf

Banned
Holy shit DRG has lost 85 drones in this game already.

Will be a TvT and PvP in the semi-finals tomorrow. DRG got so sloppy there.

Zen

Banned
HomestoryCup Group D is currently on the main stream
Group C in the Black Stream

Rooting for Snute so hard.

Reminder

Shoutcraft Sandisc Invitation TONIGHT Semi Finals - Saturday, Jun 07 6:00pm MDT (GMT-06:00)

EDIT: Both Snute and MMA look like complete mental wrecks, wow. This tournament has really obliterated both of them, I don't think Snute has ever gotten so far against such a good lineup before?

peakish

HomestoryCup Group D is currently on the main stream
Group C in the Black Stream

Rooting for Snute so hard.

Reminder

Shoutcraft Sandisc Invitation TONIGHT Semi Finals - Saturday, Jun 07 6:00pm MDT (GMT-06:00)

EDIT: Both Snute and MMA look like complete mental wrecks, wow. This tournament has really obliterated both of them, I don't think Snute has ever gotten so far against such a good lineup before?
Yassssss. Go Jens!

And get Apollo some coffee, lol.

Zen

Banned
I remember when Scarlett was first going through her transition, it must have been hard to still be starting it, and being in the spotlight, but she has made a lot of progress since then, she must be very comfortable in her skin now, good for her.

She did a great job casting and doing the switch overs.

Syf

Banned
Stephano is sooo drunk hahaha

Apparently nobody knows where Destiny is either. Hasn't been seen for ~10 hours.

Anyway Snute vs Taeja time! Terrans looking strong in the ro16 so far, but go Snute!! :D

Top Bottom