• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft II NA Bronze Level 1v1 Tournament Signups

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Are you new to StarCraft II? Are you getting absolutely destroyed by everybody you face? Are you looking for opponents that suck just as much as you?

Than look no further than the NeoGAF StarCraft II NA Bronze Level 1v1 Tournament!

This tournament will be open to NeoGAF members on the American servers who are currently ranked in the Bronze league. The objective is for fun. We really don't care about who actually wins. This tournament is for Bronze leaguers looking to play other gaffers without being completely destroyed, as well as a learning experience. I will be hosting the matches on YouTube and adding commentary in order to give key pointers on how participants can improve their play.

The rules will be quite simple. It'll be a single elimination bracket with only one game per match (partly because I don't want to have to commentate too many videos =X).

It'll be limited to only 8 or 16 players, depending on the amount of interest. The cutoffs will be determined by which members have played the most of the game, meaning that somebody who's played 10-15 ranked games will have precedence over somebody who only just got out of placement. This will ensure fewer dropouts and to prevent a higher league jerk from sneaking into the tournament.

Now this thread is solely for signups. To sign up, simply post your character name and character code. A more comprehensive set of rules will be posted after signups are over with. I don't have a deadline for ending signups yet, partly because I'm trying to gauge how many people actually want to play!

For anybody outside the Bronze league, I'll be running a more official and competitive 1v1 tournament shortly after this one is over. Use this time to practice!

Sign-up List:
CBH 64
Chmstry 38
DTUD 21
Eznark 21
Shiggy 19
Zerokku 19
autobzooty 17
Darkiguana 15

TheDrizzle 14
KuroNeeko 12
Keikaku 12
NameGen 10
VALIS 5

BigAT

I'm interested. I haven't done my placement matches yet, I've been head down in the campaign, but I would imagine I'm at this skill level as my online experience is minimal/nonexistent.

BigAT.908 if you're willing to take me.

ili0926

My screenname is idl and my character code is 793.

Any idea what the time frame for this will be?
I'm leaving for an exchange program in Asia so I only have until Aug 24 to play these matches!
(Unless you can play NA servers from Asia??)

Cheers guys!

DTUD 231

Bronze Terran reporting. I'm about 10 games after placement or so, maybe a couple more. Still not that great though, can't seem to spend my minerals fast enough!

Einbroch

Banned
Fantastic idea. I'm picking up SC2 tomorrow but don't know if I'll be able to dig into the multiplayer for a while. This week will be a busy one.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Sooo... I did my placements tonight and went 3-2 and ended up in Silver. I'm bad though, I promise! I think there is 0 chance that I would end up on top just because I'm low-level silver.

I guess I technically don't qualify, but I wanted to put myself up for consideration anyway. In case you need one more to round things out or something.

ErrorJustin 864

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
I got into Silver this morning. Can i still play or would I just demolish all of you? :lol

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
GDJustin said:
Sooo... I did my placements tonight and went 3-2 and ended up in Silver. I'm bad though, I promise! I think there is 0 chance that I would end up on top just because I'm low-level silver.

I guess I technically don't qualify, but I wanted to put myself up for consideration anyway. In case you need one more to round things out or something.

ErrorJustin 864

Okay sooo... after qualifying Silver last night I played my first rounds today and lost four straight :lol

So I think I'm safe to enter this tourney.

phantom13

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm in if there's still space. If there isnt, make it a 32 person tourney! :D

Name's phantom, char code 603

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
For anybody outside the Bronze league, I'll be running a more official and competitive 1v1 tournament shortly after this one is over. Use this time to practice!

Daww....can I de-rank to bronze for this!?!? :lol

KuroNeeko

No way.

If you level up into silver then stay where you are and keeping climbing the ladder. No sense in coming back to bronze - kind of defeats the purpose of a bronze tournament.

Bronze graduates- congrats on your rank up. Don't be afraid to dream a little bigger...

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Finally got around to my placements. If theres still room or if you decide to expand the tournament, I'd love to join.

Zerokku.236

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Shit, just finished my placement matches, and ended up in Gold. Im definitely a silver player at best, so this will be interesting :lol

Top Bottom