• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round Two of the The NeoGAF N/A Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

Fixed1979

My concern with streaming is that we'll have to have a delay of some sort or else it'll be too easy to cheat. Also, I'm not sure how many people here have ever streamed, so it might be asking a lot for them to stream. Or, were you thinking of having spectators handling the streaming?

P.S. I accidently recorded my last video at half-size so I'm not sure how great the quality is. The final match vs ZZ will be on full 1080p though thankfully.

Ideally I would take care of either streaming or recording on this end as a spectator. Streaming might be a bit of a tall order for me to get sorted out, and like you said, a delay is easy enough to implement once everything is figured out.

ZZMitch

Yeah it doesn't seem like tonight is going to work out! I am free all night Tuesday after I get out of class at 8pm (EST) so I can do then for sure.

ZZMitch

OK, I will be on Tuesday at 8 PM Eastern time and just message me as soon as you're on and free. We can wrap up the entire tournament then!

Sounds good! It will be about 8:15pm or so because I need to walk back from class.

Xanathus

Got my strategy and deck lists write up done, just waiting for the last match to be over to post it because I don't wanna give ideas haha.

ZZMitch

ZZMitch defeated Soka 3-0. Total domination on his part. Was fun though!

Yeah man! I almost messed up bad at the end of the 2nd game you guys can watch the videos. I can post deck lists if people are interested in what I ran.

Looking forward to seeing the video when you put it up!

Fixed1979

Congrats on the win...again. I'll update the points totals tomorrow.

ZZMitch; Soka; Xanathus PM me your PayPal addresses when you get a chance.

Round 3 is scheduled for April 10th. I'll try to get the signup thread up early as the weekend before is Easter.

Xanathus

Here's my writeup of the strategies and deck lists that I used for Fixed1979's latest NeoGAF Hearthstone tournament. The key strategy is based on this rule of the tourney:
Before the tournament sign-up cutoff time (Thursday February 19th midnight EST) each player must submit three heroes that they will use throughout the tournament. Each round will start with a player selecting one of their three submitted heroes to play. When a player looses a game that hero can no longer be used for the remaining games in the round. The winning player is free to switch heroes if they wish to do so.
This rule allows you to use any deck you want for 3 heroes and you can switch them between each game. This means that heroes which have multiple deck archtypes have an advantage as you can switch up archtypes depending on the matchup. This is why I picked Mage, Warlock and Druid as these heroes have the widest varities in decks. I had originally picked Warrior instead of Druid but noticed that there were a lot of players bringing Shaman and not many Hunters or Rogues so I felt that Warrior was a poor choice as a fall-back hero.

Here are the deck lists that I set up for the tourney:
1. Freeze Mage to counter Mech Mage, Shaman, Priest and Zoo.
2. Mech Mage to counter Druid and Warrior, the bad matchups for Freeze Mage.
3. JustSaiyan's Demonlock which is generally all-around good, especially against Zoo and Mech Mage.
4. SilentStorm's Demonlock which is similar to JustSaiyan's but is better against Hunter and face aggro decks.
5. Handlock for Priest matchups because Priest has an advantage against the Demonlock decks.
6. Combo Druid as a fall-back and to counter Warrior. Harrison/Mind Control Tech/BGH are swapped out accordingly based on whatever the opponent has remaining which is also why I leave it as the last deck to be played.

I generally brought out Freeze Mage as my first deck because of how effective it is when players do not expect it and aren't teched to counter it. This also allows me to switch to Mech Mage if it wins in order to dodge any counters that the opponent makes for Freeze Mage. If the opponent has Warrior and/or Druid in their line-up then I start off with Demonlock instead as it is generally good against anything. Druid is left as the last hero used unless I know that the opponent only has a weak matchup class remaining against it like Warrior.

Fixed1979

Thanks for posting all the information guys! Lots of good stuff to go through there.

Here are the standings after round two!

LiveWire

Next month's round is going to be wild with all of the new BR cards. I gotta break into the top 10, too many poor performances from me. Congrats ZZMitch on the repeat!

Top Bottom