• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round Two of the The NeoGAF N/A Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

Fixed1979

Alright guys, brackets are updated, we're halfway through round 3. Remember to let me know if you're going to be late finishing your match before the deadline.

Yeah some crazy matches, a little frustrating at times (like lorewalker cho off shredder with only spells in my hand) but other than that pretty good matches. Especially the rogue vs warrior. Coming back from 5 hp vs 30+ seemed absolutely impossible.

Fixed1979

Still 3 matches to go this round. For anyone planning on playing really really late there's maintenance tonight between 1 and 3 PST.

BigAT

PMed live earlier tonight, didn't hear back. He hasn't been on B.net yet, bed time for me. Hopefully tomorrow night.

Fixed1979

There's still two matches to go in round 3, the deadline for these was 2PM EST today, however we'll extend it 24 hours as there is an effort being made. Two people will advance tomorrow though so get the games in folks.

squidyj

Squidyj beats paperboywriter 3-2

After SPECTACULARLY throwing game 1. I'm still mad at myself (even though this post was made just after the last game there will never be a point in time in which this statement isn't true)

Fixed1979

Alright that sets round 4 in motion. Congrats on making the quarterfinals everyone. There's a couple matches this round that should be interesting...

Squidyj beats paperboywriter 3-2

After SPECTACULARLY throwing game 1. I'm still mad at myself (even though this post was made just after the last game there will never be a point in time in which this statement isn't true)

nothing compared to my wild pyro skills.

GG

ps: When are we doing a EU tournament, I wanna play good decks for once ;)

I can record via Fraps my next matches if my opponent is OK with it... But I would prefer to wait to post the videos until the tournament is done to avoid revealing anyone's deck. I'd also be happy to share all three if my deck lists once I'm done with the tournament.

Xanathus

Xanathus def JesseZao 3-2

Hmm I haven't recorded any of my matches and need to figure out how to do it, just using screenshots. I'll try to get it set up for the following matches. I'll also be posting my deck lists and strategies after tourney is over or I losted.

JesseZao

Xanathus def JesseZao 3-2

Hmm I haven't recorded any of my matches and need to figure out how to do it, just using screenshots. I'll try to get it set up for the following matches. I'll also be posting my deck lists and strategies after tourney is over or I losted.

Matches were close. Came down to draw RNG.

GL in the next matches.

Xanathus

Any recommendation for free game video recording software? Turns out that the unregistered version of Fraps only records for 3 minutes.
edit: OBS is looking good

Fixed1979

First semi-final bracket is set, congrats Soka and Xanathus.

Also happy to hear you guys are considering recording your matches and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

squidyj

I recorded our match and when I go to bed tonight I'll set it up to upload to youtube.

Unless you don't want me revealing trade secrets.

ZZMitch

We should get our game in tonight! I have a super busy schedule right now with school work so its been tough for me.

Yo someone needs to beat ZZMitch so that I can close more distance on him in the point rankings. I missed the entire last tourney due to my honeymoon and have a lot of ground to make up dammit!

ZZMitch

Yo someone needs to beat ZZMitch so that I can close more distance on him in the point rankings. I missed the entire last tourney due to my honeymoon and have a lot of ground to make up dammit!

Haha you might have to beat me yourself :p

squidyj

On further consideration, after reviewing the material, I must decide not to upload it to youtube as it would only demonstrate my incompetence.

I had a very good shot to win game 4 that I didn't take because I wasn't thinking

I stayed on until 11:30 est, Mitch. Couldn't stay on longer. Work comes early.

Let me know if and when you are available tomorrow.

Cheers.

ZZMitch

I stayed on until 11:30 est, Mitch. Couldn't stay on longer. Work comes early.

Let me know if and when you are available tomorrow.

Cheers.

Sorry man! I had an intramural basketball game tonight and it took longer than expected. I am free pretty much all day tomorrow (1pm to 8pm ish).

ZZMitch

ZZMitch 2 - 1 over FiveSix4Three.

FiveSix4Three decided to not play the last game(s) because he had to leave. He said he was okay conceding the final win but I offered to finish it another time. I will let him post here to confirm!

ZZMitch

If that all holds firm then it'll be me vs. ZZMitch in the finals. ZZMitch was the winner of the last NeoGAF Hearthstone tournament and I was the winner of the NeoGAF Hearthstone tournament before the last one (it was before the Superstar Open Challenge Season One began). I skipped participating in the most recent tournament which was in September/October due to my wedding.

Did you guys record your match at all? Also, do you mind if I record ours ZZ?

No we didn't because FiveSix4Three doesn't have a strong enough computer and I have no experience with it. It might be sometime I look into before next time tho! If you want to record it I would be okay with that for sure. I was hoping I could get the last game recorded but I didn't have time to look into how it all works.

Fixed1979

Alright, brackets are updated.

FiveSix4Three v Xanathus in the bronze match
ZZMitch v Soka in the gold match

We're ahead of schedule here so get the matches in at your leisure. Hopefully we can get someone to record it, I didn't have time to get anything setup for that this time around, but the finals for round three will at least be recorded (if not streamed).

As we get ready to close this off, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions going ahead to round 3 feel free to share. I think sticking with single elimination is the way to go, the last tournament took 36 days to play out, which is insane. This one will be less than 16 days (which is the deadline on Sunday). I was thinking of pretty much leaving it identical for round 3 and then trying out the conquest for round 4.

Anyway, good luck to you four. When your matches are over don't forget to PM me your Paypal address.

Top Bottom