• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

syllogism

You are pathetic, I have never in my life claimed to be unbiased on the issue.
Fine I take that back, though you claimed your animosity towards complexity had little to do with naniwa. I just found it funny you went out of your way to find an example of someone else forfeiting a game and just posting it for our viewing

ksan

Fine I take that back, though you claimed your animosity towards complexity had little to do with naniwa. I just found it funny you went out of your way to find an example of someone else forfeiting a game and just posting it for our viewing

Ye, I remember you accusing me of being biased, and I'm fine with that, but don't say that I ever claimed that I was unbiased :p
(the complexity thing had a lot to do with CS too)

And actually, I didn't go out of my way to find it, someone on some other forum (maybe TL or reddit, not sure) said that ToD had forfeited a warcraft 3 game for it being too hot so I just youtubed it to see what the circumstances were.
(and if you have read threads for tourneys that ToD play in you should know that I'm a pretty big ToD fan too...)

ultron87

Those details sounds pretty solid to me.

Glad MLG is coming back to Columbus since I wasn't able to go last year.

Sounds bad and there isnt enough prize money still.

If they are giving a 10,000 top prize for what is essentially a qualification tournament I imagine the "Championship" prize will be pretty hefty.

I hope they just fixed the seed system so it's much easier to drop out of pool play and much easier to qualify from the open bracket.

Hope Columbus is as hype as last year.

Assembly is a 2nd tier event anyway, IEM is getting there.

GOM, Dreamhack, MLG and IPL are the major players this year, OGN will easily be there if they switch this year as well.

ksan

Assembly is a 2nd tier event anyway, IEM is getting there.

GOM, Dreamhack, MLG and IPL are the major players this year, OGN will easily be there if they switch this year as well.

You have to remember that the IEM event is also a qualifier for the IEM WC which has a $75K prize pool.

Q8D3vil

And that all 3 tournaments pay pretty equally except at IEM and Assembly you wont have to play against MVP to win it.

mlg open bracket in general makes it so competitive.
we don't usually see eu pro's there but its understandable seeing that eu have dreamhack and other tournament like hsc.

And that all 3 tournaments pay pretty equally except at IEM and Assembly you wont have to play against MVP to win it.

I'm talking from a spectator's point of view. People will always flock to whomever provides the highest level of competition + great production values and I believe those 2 are lacking in both.

LoL has 100k on stream and it's only day 1 ? goddamn !!

Won't be a surprise if it pulls an SC2 and kicks Starcraft out of the center stage in MLG the same way starcraft did to Halo.

syllogism

Won't be a surprise if it pulls an SC2 and kicks Starcraft out of the center stage in MLG the same way starcraft did to Halo.
But LoL crowds have been, to my understanding, much smaller. Does LoL still have those embedded streams in the client

Deadman

Destiny is ahead of the curve.

Speaking of destiny he is on state of the game tonight instead of artosis.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I don't even remember seeing League of Legends at Orlando. Was it on the circuit then? If it was I didn't see a large crowd.

Trickster

So uh, agains't terran, how can i tell whether they are doing a no gas expand build, or a no gas 4+ barracks marine only all in before the first marine kills my scouting probe ? :|

Q8D3vil

So uh, agains't terran, how can i tell whether they are doing a no gas expand build, or a no gas 4+ barracks marine only all in before the first marine kills my scouting probe ? :|
no way to know for sure, best scouting is to poke with stalker to see the number of the marines and decide from there.

IEM Kiev is a pretty terrible event so far, as far as SC2 is concerned. Lag issues, one game every three hours, lots of non-casters clogging up games, sjeez...

But LoL crowds have been, to my understanding, much smaller. Does LoL still have those embedded streams in the client

It's probably hard to gauge really but in MLG as far as I know they've been giving the 2010 starcraft treatment so it will be very hard for the crowd to make a splash when they are put on the side, however it could be true that the game is not a LAN crowd favorite as much as on an online stream, I still expect them to get at least multiple streams and casters they way SC2 did when it blew up.

I don't even remember seeing League of Legends at Orlando. Was it on the circuit then? If it was I didn't see a large crowd.

It wasn't a circuit game they way SC2 and Halo was, so I don't think it had a main stage with a big screen but then again I wasn't there so I wouldn't know.

FoxSpirit

no way to know for sure, best scouting is to poke with stalker to see the number of the marines and decide from there.
Sounds like a good plan. Reading the unit count is vital. Also, keep that thing alive as long as possible in his base.

I just can't get over how LoL looks, the art is just... not good, HoN is even worse with random crap cluttering the screen.

Dota 2 however looks great, the art is beautiful and the animations are superb. I guess that shows the difference between a world class developer like Valve and guys like riot/s2.

Now if only Gaben would stop ignoring me and send me a beta invite.

Aylinato

Let's see how I've progressed since last year

omgiplacedplatinum.png

hmm all gold

Screenshot2011-03-3121_38_58.jpg

O look I got placed into diamond!

Screenshot2012-01-1917_56_02.jpg

Masters

awwwwww yeaaa

Tntnnbltn

I just can't get over how LoL looks, the art is just... not good, HoN is even worse with random crap cluttering the screen.

Dota 2 however looks great, the art is beautiful and the animations are superb. I guess that shows the difference between a world class developer like Valve and guys like riot/s2.

Now if only Gaben would stop ignoring me and send me a beta invite.

Yeah if the MOBA genre is going to become a massive esport i hope it's DOTA 2 that ends up leading the way.

Also i don't think it's surprising at all the popularity these games get. It's simply unbelievable how many people are playing this genre (it could be more than 30 million across all the games).

The release of DOTA 2 is going to be huge as well.

Yeah it's so awesome when extended series just completely ruin the grand final. Nothing to see here.

Edit: Seriously gunrun seems to be everywhere, is there anything he isn't helping out with lol.

Top Bottom