• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Deadly

?? I don't get it
lol :p
From my understanding, extended series is just another way of doing separate series in a double elimination tournament.
Joke is that incontrol joked how MLG went to Halo community told them about extended series they went meh ok. Brings it to SC2 community but due to it being an extended series, SC2 community couldn't win and we got extended series too. Kinda funny :lol
Is it only me who has serious trouble mentally distinguishing between JP and djWHEAT?
Sorry but yes they look very different

jasonng

All you New Yorkers are the same.
alienssogood.gif

you're crazy. the problem with the mlg prizepool was that getting less than top 4 meant you won less than it cost you to go. giving 32 players an all expense paid trip from an online qualifier fixes that perfectly.

Plus, this is just the qualifier/beginning. And as you point out, MLG is paying all expenses for 32 players to fly out. That's a big deal to all parties.

It's as if SC2 fans are oblivious to how money/finance works. Even a $20k prize wouldn't be better than what MLG is offering with this.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Plus, this is just the qualifier/beginning. And as you point out, MLG is paying all expenses for 32 players to fly out. That's a big deal to all parties.

It's as if SC2 fans are oblivious to how money/finance works. Even a $20k prize wouldn't be better than what MLG is offering with this.

obsession with large top prizes is killing esports.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
yay more Coach Lee drama info lol

Milkis January 20 2012 11:45.
Whoo, more bombs

Someone (MONsterY) posted on PlayXP that Coach Lee threatened Trickster, FruitDealer, and Coach Won at Startale to put up that apology note. Coach Lee blackmailed using the fact that they bet on sports betting site and if there's no apology note he will get journalists to publish articles about it.

They did a false apology because they didn't want any kind of scandal like that.

Also, apparently Coach Lee was congratulating Puma up to the very last day Puma was still at TSL, and then the second Puma left Coach Lee put those articles up.

obsession with large top prizes is killing esports.

They could have a 60k prize pool and not pay for expenses and people on TL would be complaining about how hard of a burden this puts on Korean/European players, how MLG isn't serious, they didn't learn from NASL, etc.

leave business to businessmen, fanboys

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That sucks :[
If they just trained 14 hours a day and didn't suck this probably wouldn't of happened

Deadman

@MVPDongRaeGu 박수호
What mean pitchfork

@MVPDongRaeGu 박수호
Carmac responds to IEM Criticism: "Bring on the pitchforks!"

@MVPDongRaeGu 박수호
Just farm equipment ?? In that sentence mean too?

@MVPDongRaeGu 박수호
Ok :) I got it! LOL I am good learner right?

Some of the things we say must look really strange to koreans

Feep

Banned
What's that? You want to write about Starcraft II and get *paid* for it? Holy fuck!

My buddy over at *REDACTED* wants to recruit a sort-of part-time writer; they're gathering one for each major eSports title (SC2, DotA, LoL, etc.). She asked not to put the website in this post, for some reason, but you can probably figure it out if you Google around my writing history. The job is paying, and the website is very well known.

Here's what she had to say:

I'm starting to get the eSports ball rolling at *REDACTED* again, but this time we're doing things a bit differently. Instead of me trying to focus on every game (I can't), I'm going to be putting together a team of writers and coordinating with them to get content revolving around all the major eSports titles to go up weekly. We want to focus on the big games at the moment, so we'll always be adding new writers as new games start getting more recognition. To start off we want to focus on StarCraft 2, League of Legends, DotA 2, and fighting games. Eventually we'll most likely add Tribes: Ascend, Firefall, and CS: GO.

This would be a great position for an up-and-comer to get their name out there. If you're already working on separate projects, we'd be more than happy to promote that content on the site as well. It's a great way to get your foot in the door, and write about the thing you're most passionate about! We'd also be able to pay a small amount for your work, although this is mostly a passion-driven project; the money is just an added bonus!

Starting out, I'd want to see a written article or well-produced video, once a week. The columns should reflect what's going on in your game that week, but if there's no big news to cover you can always pick a topic about the game and reflect on that. For example, if there's a huge StarCraft 2 tournament going on, I'd expect to see maybe a tournament preview or expectations, as well as a piece after the tournament is over to discuss the results. If there isn't anything going on that week, you could write about a player, team, or a community event that you find interesting. With eSports, there's always something to talk about and discuss, so you should never run out of things to work with!

If you know anyone who would be interested, or if you're interested yourself, please send contact info along either to here or to *REDACTED, SEND TO FEEP*.

She also notes that after the first couple weeks, you may not get an article up *every* week; it sort of depends on what's going on in the scene.

Anyway, I'm doing her a favor, and posting here to see if there are any enterprising gentlemen/gentleladies about. I'm prescreening everything, so *impress me*. Send me an E-mail at jwishnov@gmail.com with a sample article (or even video, though I don't expect all that effort for an application) about recent events, patches, tournaments, whatever-I-don't-really-care in the Starcraft community. Don't be sterile; entertain, offer judgments, opinions, be witty, make sure you're copyedited and clean. You must be VERY ACTIVE IN THE SC2 SCENE for this to work out; you're going to need to stay on top of all the most recent developments. I would expect at the very least Platinum-level, but Diamond/Master is preferred.

Let me know if you have any questions! Please get sample articles in to me by the end of the day on the 22nd.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I mean yea if one of you get the job I'll be super excited and supportive. I was just being selfish :p

Well i'm not sure if i have the necessary skills but i wouldn't mind trying to write a few articles to see if they're any good. Sounds like a good bit of fun. Some of the other people on here should give it a go, it would be awesome to see a gaffer writing these articles.

I can't really produce a video so i'll just have a go writing an article or something lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just got cannon rushed. Spotted it and lifted off. Of course it took 3 years for my barracks and Command center to make it to a different location in the map. Scouted his base and saw that he had expanded early, knew he was way way way ahead in supply and scouted a Dark Shrine too. Got myself a Raven and some units but he did a massive drop in the back of my base and that was that.

Should I be mad? lol

Top Bottom