• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Just played my placement match, got into silver (was bronze last season)

I'm considering tanking my placement matches so I don't get thrust into Gold again. I'd prefer bronze just so I can practice my macro on ladder without being BM'd by a bunch of assholes asking how I got to Gold in the first place.

Zzoram

I wish they would release better/more 2v2 maps. Some of them just force you to 1 base and others have just strange design overall, like giving a free expansion to one player but screwing the other out of any chance of a base for ages. Id like them to be much bigger and encourage expanding a lot more.

Agreed. Blizzard seemingly puts so little effort into supporting SC2 post-launch.

Their map designs are always pathetic. They've also killed 2v2, a very viable competition, by only including terrible 1-base rush maps.

Fuchsdh

I wish they would release better/more 2v2 maps. Some of them just force you to 1 base and others have just strange design overall, like giving a free expansion to one player but screwing the other out of any chance of a base for ages. Id like them to be much bigger and encourage expanding a lot more.

My biggest issue is that many of them enable cheesing to an extreme, partly by odd base placement, and partly by making it hard to scout it in time. The issue isn't necessarily that they're hard to hold off--but getting double Drone rushed three times in a row is not fun, and certainly isn't going to help me improve.*

*I don't know what it is about 3 or 4 Zerg matchups that makes everyone say "time to do something retarded".

cdyhybrid

Maybe once the BW teams switch over we'll see more 2v2 interest. It doesn't really matter what Blizzard does since they could just adopt user maps.

Tntnnbltn

in time you will realize that all things are superior when sold in bagged form.
No shit. Australia realised this when we started bagging our wine in the 1960s.

CyN38.jpg

goonbag3.jpg

wdDev.jpg

Also doubles as a pillow.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

I'm reluctant that we play micro/macro map after we got a taste from last week. There was some raging, there was conflict. That really brought up the worst in all of us. Now I have to say, I've always considered us a family and nothing's worse than having us fighting amongst each other. And it's probably even more important we don't fight now because there is now talk about barcrafting together in toronto. That would make for an awkward time if we end up hating each other. Let's just play regular games and be well mannered. We'll have a pleasant time. Although I must say it was absolutely hilarious with all raging going on. Really funny actually. You know what?

We're playing Micro/Macro matches all night, fuckers.
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666 (Main Stream)
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

WedgeX

Banned
lOAXv.png

I'm reluctant that we play micro/macro map after we got a taste from last week. There was some raging, there was conflict. That really brought up the worst in all of us. Now I have to say, I've always considered us a family and nothing's worse than having us fighting amongst each other. And it's probably even more important we don't fight now because there is now talk about barcrafting together in toronto. That would make for an awkward time if we end up hating each other. Let's just play regular games and be well mannered. We'll have a pleasant time. Although I must say it was absolutely hilarious with all raging going on. Really funny actually. You know what?

yousonofabitch.gif

Deadman

Blizz did a post about why they nerf sniped in the way they did, rather than all the obviously better ways to do it.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4044464943?page=2#26

We felt that the Snipe ability was countering broodlords and ultralisks slightly too well, but we wanted the Snipe ability to remain viable in the matchup. It&#8217;s important to keep in mind that zerg&#8217;s late game strength is not derived exclusively from their tier 3 units; much of their late game strength comes as a result of their ability to combine these higher tech units with other units, especially infestors. Accordingly, we elected to lower the ability&#8217;s base damage to increase the number of Snipes required to kill ultralisks and broodlords and supplement it by having it deal additional damage to Psionic units to reduce the number of snipes required to kill infestors.

We wanted to improve Snipe&#8217;s effectiveness against infestors since EMPs can be difficult to land due to the unit&#8217;s size, so we decided to increase the amount of total damage it deals to against Psionic units only. Making the ability deal 30 + 15 Light would reduce its effectiveness versus broodlords and ultralisks, but it would not provide the desired effect versus infestors. In fact, changing the bonus damage to + Light would make it more difficult to kill infestors, and we believe this would further weaken terran late game versus zerg. We understand that this change will require terran players to use more Snipes versus a variety of other units; however, we do not feel as if this will have a noticeable effect on balance since the ability isn&#8217;t used frequently versus units other than broodlords, ultralisks, infestors, and high templar. Our desire is not to redesign the ability or redefine the ghost&#8217;s role in the TvZ matchup, but to reduce its effectiveness versus broodlords and ultralisks while increasing its effectiveness versus infestors.

We appreciate all the constructive feedback we&#8217;ve received thus far.

scogoth

lOAXv.png

Fuck this broken ass game

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
gaf i need to learn how to fight late game zerg ;;

getting better at handling muta harass but in the heat of the moment I never get my mothership and I for some reason attack against brood lords ;;

Deadman

The live on 3 sundance interview was pretty interesting.

A funny piece of trivia that came out of it was that 60,000 europeans used the hotpockets offer to get free silver, even though it wasnt open to europeans.

Top Bottom