• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Arena - Player List:

MLG Providence '11 Top 8
Leenock, Naniwa, DongRaeGu, Mvp, Huk
ca.png
, MC, Haypro, Idra
European OQ Top 8
Violet, Ret, Thorzain, Pomi, Socke, Sjow, Grubby, Merz
Korea/Taiwan OQ Top 8
Nestea, Parting, Losira, MarineKing, Oz, STC, Ganzi, San
North American OQ Top 8
Drewbie
ca.png
, Ddoro
ca.png
, Sheth, SaSe, Axslav, Artist, Minigun, DDE
ca.png

Toronto, Victory Cafe, 4pm-10pm, Feb.26th, BARCRAFT:

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Maybe:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

Meet at this Tim Hortons at 3pm.

Zzoram

Stephano is definitely the best non-Korean Zerg, and has been for a few months.

He's followed by Ret and Sen probably, based on recent results. Idra has been bombing out of everything.

ezrarh

There's really nothing 'amazing' about dropping those fungals like the casters were saying. Fungal growth is so lame. This isn't a balance complaint but rather a gameplay issue for me. Good game by Stephano though.

Zzoram

Fungals are good in the sense that you have to distract enemy fire for Infestors to get close enough to Fungal, since tanks outrange it.

I really hope this comes down to a Polt vs Stephano finals, I hate watching mirrors.

Q8D3vil

the only i hate about stephano is how he try to force on some maps.
cloud kingdom is probably one of the best maps for burrow baneling, its not even funny how good burrow is in that map,

ksan

There's really nothing 'amazing' about dropping those fungals like the casters were saying. Fungal growth is so lame. This isn't a balance complaint but rather a gameplay issue for me. Good game by Stephano though.

I agree that the fungals themselves weren't amazing, but Stephano building his game plan around the use of the fungals is something super impressive.
For example the fact that he was able to be in it while still being behind in supply the whole mid game but still coming out on top thanks to them, and also the first ultra engagement where it first looks like Stephano was going to lose (supply wise) but comes out hugely ahead when all of Puma's army suddenly die at the same time.

Zzoram

How many of you guys bought the MLG pass?

Not me, since I've been busy this weekend and had to miss most of the games. That plus I'm going to the Toronto Barcraft, so I'll see the finals anyways.

If I had a completely free weekend, I probably would've bought it.

ezrarh

I agree that the fungals themselves weren't amazing, but Stephano building his game plan around the use of the fungals is something super impressive.
For example the fact that he was able to be in it while still being behind in supply the whole mid game but still coming out on top thanks to them, and also the first ultra engagement where it first looks like Stephano was going to lose (supply wise) but comes out hugely ahead when all of Puma's army suddenly die at the same time.

Yeah I agree, that's why I said it was a good game by Stephano. I just think a good zerg should be able to land his fungals anytime a terran doesn't split. It's on the impetus of the terran play to show his skill by properly splitting which Puma didn't really do.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I did, even though I didn't really know how to feel when they announced.

They really did deliver though, but I'm still not sure how often I would pay $20 for watching a weekend of SC2.

Once every 2-3 months sound reasonable?

Quality was good? No hiccups? Were the matches sick?

TheExodu5

Banned
I would have bought it at $10. Sounded great, but it's hard to justify the price of a GSL season ticket for a simple weekend of streaming.

Zzoram

It'd be such a shame for him to retire if he keeps playing like this.

I think if he keeps winning stuff he won't retire. From an ego perspective, being known as the best foreigner Zerg and top 3 best foreigners period is such a high compared to just being a generic student in university.

ksan

Once every 2-3 months sound reasonable?

Quality was good? No hiccups? Were the matches sick?

Just without thinking about it too much I'd say four times a year sounds reasonable.

Matches were great and quality was amazing. There were some minor annoyances with some log in problems for me.

Also, match recaps and discussions were superb! Was kinda like the couch at DH.

Deadman

IPL have given some early info on IPL4

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315244

A summary:

April 6th-8th, las vegas

128 man double elim open bracket. Top 8 join the online qualifiers and other invites in a 20 player group stage. Top 2 from each group (4 groups) advance to double elim championship bracket.

Invites and qualifiers so far:

EG.IdrA - IPL1 Winner / Invite
White-Ra - IPL2 Winner / Invite
Mill.Stephano - IPL3 Winner / Invite
SK.MC - Invite
SlayerS`MMA - Invite
?????? - Invite (Not Yet Confirmed)
MarineKing.Prime - PPSL Live Event Qualifier
coLMVP.TAiLS - i44 Live Event Qualifier
EG.PuMa - Online Qualifier #1 2nd Place
Fnatic.aLive - Online Qualifier #1 1st Place
ST.Bomber - Online Qualifier #2 2nd Place
TSL.Polt - Online Qualifier #2 1st Place

Prize pool:

1st - $40,000
2nd - $16,000
3rd - $7,000
4th - $5,000
5th / 6th - $4,000
7th / 8th - $3,000
9th - 12th - $2,000
13th - 16th - $1,500
17th - 20th - $1,000

Casters: CatsPajamas, Doa, HDStarCraft, PainUser, TotalBiscuit, dApollo, and maybe even more! They apparently fixed TB's usa visa issue.

Official Map Pool
IPLMap Antiga Shipyard
IPLMap Daybreak
IPLMap Sanshorn Mist AE
IPLMap Tal'Darim Altar
IPLMap Calm Before the Storm
IPLMap Darkness Falls
IPLMap Terminus
IPLMap Shakuras Plateau
IPLMap Atlantis Spaceship

Overall seems quite good. Only things i think need changing are the maps (some of those are terrible) and that only 8 people from the live open bracket get in to group play. Would be better to have 32 player group stage to be kinder to people trying to get through the monster 128 player bracket just to start the tournament.

Zzoram

Daybreak is probably the worst map in that pool, but the other maps are generally ok.

IPL4's invited and qualified players so far looks like a hot list. Idra is going to get smashed lol.

Zzoram

well, im short on money but my father just bought me a ticket :D

watching vods now

Main ones to watch from hype I remember from yesterday's threads:

Round 1:

Nestea vs DeMuslim Game 3

Round 2:

Ret vs MVP Game 3
MC vs STC Game 2

You can probably finish all 3 of those games before MLG starts again today in 1.5 hours.

PS your dad is cool.

Q8D3vil

Did you tell him it was so you could watch people play videogames, or did you lie and say it was for gas or something lol
yup, he know that.
my father is like other dads who hate vg and think they are for children, but he understand the competitive nature of sc2 and how much i enjoy it like he enjoy watching people playing soccer.

calder

Just without thinking about it too much I'd say four times a year sounds reasonable.

Matches were great and quality was amazing. There were some minor annoyances with some log in problems for me.

Also, match recaps and discussions were superb! Was kinda like the couch at DH.

Same experiences here. The log-in errors were annoying until they mentioned the open-quad-view and log in to all 4 thing, and the 1080p stream got choppy a few times but for a first night it went pretty damn well. And the quality of the games/production/stream was top notch other than the hiccups. For me, having a laptop with HDMI (thanks work!;)) now that I can just plug into my AVR to watch proper 1080 on my TV is mind blowing. It's so nice dialing down to 720 makes me pout for a few minutes now lol.

I'm just watching some VODs now, I didn't see a second of Huk's matches last night. Will probably switch over to the finals at Assembly, then back to MLG for the day.

Zzoram

at least puma is getting something out of slayers partnership

More like Lucky continuing to disappoint in ZvT, his worst match up.

Lucky has lost against every Terran he's played at Assembly Winter. He rode his ZvP to his inevitably 4th place finish.

Top Bottom