• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Holden

holden, what gm's have you played?

euh i don't remember i played like 3 as protoss, one was named "bio". i played one in a custom game when i played, im pretty sure i was gonna beat (but i have no clue) him but he disconnected in the middle of the game

ok i take back what i said about own3d being ok, own3d SUCKS
and why the fuck is there no caster on mvp vs goody.......????????????

Trickster

Still trying to make forge first expands works.

Just had a game on metalopolis where the zerg 6 pools, I hold it by doing exactly what I've been told - give up with forge and pylon on lowground, get pylon at main, 2 cannons to cover mineral line, proceed to 4 gate for "the win" as I was told, I get to the zerg expansion, dude has like 8 spines and a ton of zerglings. How the fuck am I supposed to break that with a 4 gate????

Pollux

Good playing with y'all tonight, even if it was only for a little while. Look forward to doing it again. Thanks for the advice and help also.

Keikaku

Still trying to make forge first expands works.

Just had a game on metalopolis where the zerg 6 pools, I hold it by doing exactly what I've been told - give up with forge and pylon on lowground, get pylon at main, 2 cannons to cover mineral line, proceed to 4 gate for "the win" as I was told, I get to the zerg expansion, dude has like 8 spines and a ton of zerglings. How the fuck am I supposed to break that with a 4 gate????

Sounds like you waited too long to hit with the 4-gate. Do you have the replay?

(._.)

Banned
I may have asked this question recently but idr

I wanna start playing ladder again but I have no idea what build I should do for each match up (I am a gold protoss)

What is a safe macro build for each match up that I should practice when playing?

fanboi

Banned
I hate this game so much.

Also, you could have psych classes with SC2 as focus in "How go from winner to a looser on the mental level".

God damn.

Holden

oh ya forge fast expand, you don't forge fast expand, its terrible. i don't recommend to ffe on any map, especially on metal, expect maybe taldarim since your forced to.

If you ffe, the zerg can do anything he wants.
i recommend 1 gate expand, but i'm still working on it and i don't play much;;;

fanboi

Banned
oh ya forge fast expand, you don't forge fast expand, its terrible. i don't recommend to ffe on any map, especially on metal, expect maybe taldarim since your forced to.

Hmm while true. Its hard if you can't break the P since he can then get a medium deathball. When he then get the third base you are doomed! DOOMED!

please watch my replay and tell me what i do wrong then :/

This is just a few of my thoughts from watching the replay. I think you let the lings in way to easy, either build a temporary wall at your ramp or try and wall off a bit more at your probes to stall them.

Never engage lings in a choke with your probes. You shouldn't have lost a single probe there but you lost like 3 because you engaged in a choke and you didn't even kill the lings.

Your 4 gate took far too long to hit. Once your gateway gets that delayed i don't think 4 gating is an option. You could have started your gateway a minute or so earlier which could have made a big difference.

In general though i don't really like the 4 gate follow up. You have got to execute it pretty well or you will just get crushed. A lot of zergs who 6 pool expect you to follow up with a 4 gate and will adjust accordingly.

Maybe striek or hugo have a replay or 2 showing how to do it better. I haven't faced many 6 pools as toss so i can't really help there.

Also this is another thing i would consider. FFE on Metal and Zel'naga is fairly difficult and if you aren't comfortable with FFE you will have trouble. I would probably try gateway expands on those maps and stick to practising your FFE on some of the easier maps. In general though if you just can't get it to work you don't have to. There are ways to open besides FFE and maybe they would suit you more.

Trickster

People in here were telling me to not 1 gate expand, but ffe instead just the other day, I'm getting conflicting advise here lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the best ffe is the fake one where you cannon rush your enemy instead

GM baby

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Made it to first in my division. Beat a lot of higher ranked guys tonight. Just lost to Protoss because I didn't scout my fucking natural when I saw his probe come in and out. He warped a bunch of guys right to my front door and I had basically no units ready. I looked every where but behind my natural mineral line. Ugh

cdyhybrid

Thinking about jumping back in again, I'm getting restless waiting for my new computer parts to get here so I can assemble it and play Skyrim. I haven't played since just before the patch that decreased the cost of Protoss upgrades.

Edit: Just loaded up and had to DL 3 patches.

What's the current metagame like? Not coming back with any preference as far as race goes, so I'll probably want to avoid Zerg to keep from raging out, unless they've gotten better in that department (I doubt it). Is Protoss still the most newbie-friendly?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
who the fuck is the master protoss here?

its true 1 gate expo is hard. but trust me you can do just fine if you don't expand at all. I used to this build ALOT http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/3-Gate_Sentry_Expand_(vs._Zerg)
incontrol.

he doesn't ffe either.

3 gate expand is super outmoded, you might aswell just gift the zerg a 60 supply lead in a box with a ribbon on it. hero is the best protoss in the world right now, and he nexus first/ffe's almost every single game.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Incontrol does do FFE's, he just usually turns them into some sort of funky cannon rush and doesn't realise when he is allin.
i scoped his stream yesterday, he was account sharing with some masters in europe and lost game after game after game (his pvz is straight outta 2010), skipping over anything he did wrong with zero introspection, until he finally stopped some scrubby proxy zealot rush and proceeded to save the replay and go bragging about it to the eg house, claiming that the guy he beat (who i've never heard of) is one of the best protoss in europe.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
xzAdx.png

I picked the wrong career
damn.gif

http://i.imgur.com/xzAdx.png[IMG]

I picked the wrong career
[IMG]http://www.askcorran.com/damn.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Are those just tournament earnings? Or do they factor in salaries as well? I'm asking mostly because $200K seems like a lot of money in tournament winnings alone.

Also, I didn't realize Stephano did so well to place him that high on the list. Where did he earn his money?

Are those just tournament earnings? Or do they factor in salaries as well? I'm asking mostly because $200K seems like a lot of money in tournament winnings alone.

I would say it looks like it's only winnings. I doubt anyone really knows the players salaries so i doubt they could even make a chart for that.

Deadman

I think if you asked people to name players who have won the most then most wouldnt come up with sjow, socke and mana, yet theyve made so much money. Great for the players.

Holden

I guess I will look up a 3 gate expand for PvZ

do you have any suggestions for PvT or PvP?

No im sorry i don't really, im not good at all in pvt. And pvp is pretty much coin flip fest;
i'm moslty good in pvz cause gaf is full of zerg;;

dont listen to the french. Rule one of world society.
even over this dude?
he gets third a lot.

get on steam/mumble if you can ofc. dunno if you have school or something

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hm, I'm surprised that IdrA is placed "so low" on that picture.

nilbog21

Banned
www.justin.tv/vautrin21

stream working ok? just played epic zvz wish u guys had seen it

i also got a mic, how do i get it to work through xsplit? mb i can give commentary

hm for some reason xsplit seems to be lagging the shit out of my comp, duno if this is gona work

nilbog21

Banned
it is? everytime i tune in it's like 4fps and my comp feels really choppy, although when I check FPS in game its like 150+... not sure whats going on

edit: i'll keep it on, let me kno if stream turns to shit once i start game

Top Bottom