• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
because it only include tournaments winnings, if it includes everything else (coaching/salary) i'm sure he will surpass 100k
This makes perfect sense :)!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Seems fine. Running in fullscreen windowed?

That contain vs that P was annoying to see. Why did you keep pumping econ when you could just 1a giant zerg army into him? Boringggggggggggg

nilbog21

Banned
it feels so choppy for me, but it says my fps is 100+.. i dont get it :<

duno hazaro, i get scared and do all the wrong things usually. and yes full windows mode ithink?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No defense at main.
No spores spines or overseers.

Could have easily lost to DT, but despite massive advantage made drones for 4 minutes. It's 2.5 base vs 1 dude. Just build shit that attacks.
I mean I think that is more safe. Would have been hard to lose either way.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Mairu

http://www.complexitygaming.com/news/3299/

Complexity Gaming Sells Naniwa Contract to Quantic Gaming

Today Complexity Gaming and Quantic Gaming are announcing that the professional gamer contract of Johan "Naniwa" Lucchesi has been sold, effective immediately.

"We approached Quantic Gaming and were pleased to find that they were interested in purchasing the contract rights to Naniwa," said Jason Lake, Founder and CEO of Complexity Gaming. "He is an amazing talent but we have come to discover that he does not share the core values of compLexity and felt it was best for both parties to part ways. We wish him the very best in his gaming career. We will be seeking another top contender to fill his spot in the near future."

Mark Ferraz, Founder and CEO of Quantic Gaming, provided the following statement regarding the acquisition, “We’ve made a commitment to invest in StarCraft 2, in order to deliver the most memorable and engaging experiences for both fans and partners,” commented Mark Ferraz, CEO of Quantic Gaming, “Acquiring NaNiWa aligns with our revised approach nicely. We expect our ‘Power-Protoss-Duo’ to deliver at the highest and most entertaining level. I warmly welcome Johan to the team.”
;o

Why is it everyone tries to copy pros straight up, and expect it to work? It's like people don't understand that the same rules don't apply to lower levels of play. In many pro games some people may not attack each other while they chill and expand, because they know how fast their high level opponent can react and fight off an attack.

So I play this dude today, im zerg, he's terran. It's all the rage to fast expand these days, and my drone scout sees him trying to set up shop outside his natural, and I see a command center go down. I already have a expansion from a 15 hatch in usual zerg fashion, and I decide to punish him for expanding by making a good 20 lings and 8 blings. I walk up to his base, and surely enough he was pumping money into economy so I crushed his small marine ball and got him.

And then the guy says
"this is bullshit"
Me: Ummm... if you expand early, I'm going to try and punish you for it man.
him : "dont try and act like you know shit. doing <what he did> is a standard build against zerg, everyone knows that"
Me: ...every day of my life I get punished for getting my second, of course Im going to attack you if I KNOW your sinking money into economy without building up some defense first.
him: HERP DERP a bunch of lings THAT TAKES SKILL
Me: ...wow, it doesnt, its called STRATEGY?
etc. etc.

I keep seeing people fast expanding with Terran and Toss without the right defense, and I keep rolling them as soon as I see it. If you cant defend like a pro, don't expand like one! Simple as that, yet people scream at me for playing totally normally.

TLDR: T Guy fast expands, I own him as Z, he qq's and says im not playing right like pros

Yoshichan

He was right. Everyone knows that you're supposed to grab your third as a zerg when T or P fast expands. That's the pro way of doing it.

Deadman

A terran crying that his fast expand was killed too easily?

yessssss

Also good for naniwa, complexity are quite bad.

Holden

there are more chance that you get promoted after the reset then during a season, and btw the MMR does not reset after every lock.

Top Bottom