• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Trickster

damn that mlg for illegally redistributing mlg conten- wait.

MLG used a photo without asking the photographers permission.

You watched a 20$ ppv event for free by circumventing the the part where you have to pay.

I just find it funny that you would have problems with MLG using that photo, while at the same time openly admitting that you basically stole a 20$ product. Oh wait, it's not stealing, just using a bug ( or something, right? )

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MLG used a photo without asking the photographers permission.

You watched a 20$ ppv event for free by circumventing the the part where you have to pay.

I just find it funny that you would have problems with MLG using that photo, while at the same time openly admitting that you basically stole a 20$ product. Oh wait, it's not stealing, just using a bug ( or something, right? )
I refreshed a browser, but keep saying 'circumventing' if it makes you feel better about yourself.

i have a problem with companies stealing assets to use in their product, i have a problem with people selling pirated movies on te street corner, i have a problem with people pulling ad revenue off of ppv restreams, i do not have a problem with refreshing a browser, if a company is distributing their own product for free or less than they may intend, they done goofed. I hope you go on these moral rampages every time there's a thread about a pricing error or a promotion that can be 'exploited' in some way.

CyReN

MLG is already in contact with the person that had a picture.

and if you didn't pay, yes you watched it illegally. I don't want to hear what excuse you are pulling from your ass. I wish /r/starcraft would actually moderate this stuff with the illegal links.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MLG is already in contact with the person that had a picture.

and if you didn't pay, yes you watched it illegally. I don't want to here what excuse you are pulling from your ass. I wish /r/starcraft would actually moderate this stuff with the illegal links.
illegal links like majorleaguegaming.com/live

i dont remember you guys freaking out over the hotpockets deal when people here were using it from outside the states.

Trickster

I refreshed a browser, but keep saying 'circumventing' if it makes you feel better about yourself.

i have a problem with companies stealing assets to use in their product, i have a problem with people selling pirated movies on te street corner, i ave a problem with people pulling ad revenue off of ppv restreams, i do not have a problem with refreshing a browser. I hope you go on these moral rampages every time there's a thread about a pricing error or a promotion that can be 'exploited' in some way.

Like I said, whatever makes you feel better about yourself - "Hey man, I'm not stealing! I'm just refreshing browsers to access content I didn't pay for, it's totally not the same."

CyReN

Like I said, whatever makes you feel better about yourself - "Hey man, I'm not stealing! I'm just refreshing browsers to access content I didn't pay for, it's totally not the same."

I like it when they post that picture about what is theft and what isn't!

Props to the people that actually contributed to the Starcraft/MLG community this weekend. If you are going to at least steal the product could you do MLG survey, maybe they will lower the price (but again it will always be too high!)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
of the two of us, i have a standard i can stick to. you dont. :p

ZvP on Cloud Kingdom is frustrating. I have a solid win rate on the map in the matchup but I doubt that will continue. On most maps where a third is easily accessible, I take it with little fear against a FFA. Yet on that map there are so many places for proxy pylons that I get paranoid and decide to saturate my natural before taking a third - and often by that time it's not a good idea, so I'm stuck on two bases for too long.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZvP on Cloud Kingdom is frustrating. I have a solid win rate on the map in the matchup but I doubt that will continue. On most maps where a third is easily accessible, I take it with little fear against a FFA. Yet on that map there are so many places for proxy pylons that I get paranoid and decide to saturate my natural before taking a third - and often by that time it's not a good idea, so I'm stuck on two bases for too long.

strong 2 base oriented play isn't necessarily wrong on that map, there are a lot of options for flanking and counters

Q8D3vil

one of the thing that help me feel safe against ffe is getting good creep spread between all of my bases to stop any stargate harass and to reinforce faster.

always get 1 ling to scout everything and 1 ling waiting in front of their base.

one of the thing that help me feel safe against ffe is getting good creep spread between all of my bases to stop any stargate harass and to reinforce faster.

always get 1 ling to scout everything and 1 ling waiting in front of their base.

I usually do have my lings around the map, including outside their base, at the xel naga towers, and one running around my third and ramps.

I'm contemplating getting gas faster just to get ling speed, perhaps that will make me feel safer

Deadman

IPL have posted more information on IPL4. 360p and 480p will be free, 720p and 1080p will be under their subscription service which is 5 dollars month.

Also they announced the groups.

Group A:
kr coLMVP.TAiLS (Live event Qualifier)
kr FnaticRaidCall.aLive (Online Qualifier)
kr IM.NesTea (Invitee)
Live Qualifier (Winners Bracket)
Live Qualifier (Losers Bracket)

Group B:
kr MarineKingPrime (Live event Qualifier)
fr Mill.Stephano (IPL3 Winner / Invitee)
ua White-Ra (IPL2 Winner / Invitee)

Group C:
kr EG.PuMa (Online Qualifier)
kr TSL.Polt (Online Qualifier)
kr SK.MC (Invitee)

Group D:
kr ST.Bomber (Online Qualifier)
kr SlayerS`MMA (Invitee)
us EG.IdrA (IPL1 Winner / Invitee)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=316173

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that non Koreans are labeled as foreigners? I know why and I think it makes sense and it's probably immature of me to be bothered by something like that but I just can't help it. My national pride is kicking in. I feel like I have to do something to change that lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
idea i had at coming home from barcraft, Good guy scogoth:
FyVqg.jpg

vPLkb.jpg

6y7jK.jpg

PRXIs.jpg

Zzoram

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that non Koreans are labeled as foreigners? I know why and I think it makes sense and it's probably immature of me to be bothered by something like that but I just can't help it. My national pride is kicking in. I feel like I have to do something to change that lol

Well the Starcraft scene was always just Korea plus a few odd people. Since the non-Koreans are a small group from many countries they were just collectively referred to as foreigners since they were foreign to Korea.

Maybe when other scenes develop more, we can refer to more specifics. We already divide foreigners into NA, EU, CN. Right now it doesn't make sense to divide any further because many countries have only 1 or 2 notable players and no local developed scene.

Fuchsdh

Yeah. I don't care if 90% of the players are Korean, why should a video game with an international following, played across the world, be declared "Korean" by default? Just tell us what country everyone's from. The casters could do everyone a favor by giving nationalities and stopping the 'foreign' nonsense.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Maybe one day. But after 10+ years of sc1/bw tournys where we are the foreigners its an old habit.

cdyhybrid

Plz. Why the fuck does no one own the hornets yet and moved them? Are they locked to the arena or something? Seattle needs their team back.

Same reason the Coyotes are still in Phoenix, as far as I know. The commishes are too stubborn to sell them and allow them to move because their time in that city would be deemed a failure and reflect poorly on the the league.

Also because David Stern is a tool.

Corran Horn

Same reason the Coyotes are still in Phoenix, as far as I know. The commishes are too stubborn to sell them and allow them to move because their time in that city would be deemed a failure and reflect poorly on the the league.

Also because David Stern is a tool.

How can you hate this lovely old man
cw33o.jpg

....lololol

hamchan

This MLG event required qualification and was a LAN with a big cash prize. That makes it a major, not a special.

Special events are typically invite directly in, smaller cash prizes, and online.

Well, the qualifiers were made up of invitees. It's not possible for a random dude off the street to just come in and win like in regular GSLs and MLGs.

Anyways I think there are way too many tournaments that being a major tournament means absolutely nothing now. I mean, if we count the arenas as majors, then MLG will have 8 majors this year alone. Then you have the 4 GSLs + whatever bonus, big tournaments they hold, Dreamhack, Assembly, NASL, IPL, etc.

I like how in Tennis it's just the 4 big grand slams that are counted as majors. In Brood War wasn't it just the 2-3 MSLs and 2-3 OSLs each year that were majors too? I dunno, I just think winning a major is losing a lot of meaning in SC2 if we label every biggish tournament as one.

Corran Horn

Well, the qualifiers were made up of invitees. It's not possible for a random dude off the street to just come in and win like in regular GSLs and MLGs.

Anyways I think there are way too many tournaments that being a major tournament means absolutely nothing now. I mean, if we count the arenas as majors, then MLG will have 8 majors this year alone. Then you have the 4 GSLs + whatever bonus, big tournaments they hold, Dreamhack, Assembly, NASL, IPL, etc.

I like how in Tennis it's just the 4 big grand slams that are counted as majors. In Brood War wasn't it just the 2-3 MSLs and 2-3 OSLs each year that were majors too? I dunno, I just think winning a major is losing a lot of meaning in SC2 if we label every biggish tournament as one.

To me the only 'major' mlg tourny is their championship, which only happens once a year.
Rest of tournys are good but Ill wait to see if more competition shows up to them this year rather than last year.

Corran Horn

Watching Incontrol ladder is funny at times. Makes me feel better to see him lose games the way he does. I dont get why zergs are not ready for the canon cheese he does every single game ZvP or everyone else dont get ready for DTs which he does every game as well...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Watching Incontrol ladder is funny at times. Makes me feel better to see him lose games the way he does. I dont get why zergs are not ready for the canon cheese he does every single game ZvP or everyone else dont get ready for DTs which he does every game as well...

cheese? lately ive just seen him do the 1 cannon cancel thing, which isnt really cheese.

Top Bottom