• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

Toronto, Victory Cafe, MLG Winter Arena 2012 BARCRAFT:

Went:
platinum-3.png
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

platinum-3.png
scogoth
Picon_small.png
- was this your league?
master-3.png
Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

gold-2.png
mcrae
Zicon_small.png

gold-2.png
TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

diamond-1.png
Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png
Ricon_small.png

Next Time:
hoverX
Picon_small.png
- what's your league?

Q8D3vil

good finals but not as good as polt vs stephano

10k prize should make this count as a major tournament.
well played mkp, you micro'd like a god this whole tournament.

in other news, major quit checksix lololol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Whoever made that thread is such a butthurt loser. "I'm so angry MLG used my photo wah" wtf is this stit

piracy is piracy. sundance should be banned from gaf. no but seriously, its no laughing matter.

going to bed, if i die of food poisoning in the night, it was Nix's fault.

Sliver

Major quit Checksix but only because he got a better offer from a better team, probably Fnatic or TSL.

Plus Checksix is a joke of a team. MaximusBlack and Ailuj? Come on son

hamchan

good finals but not as good as polt vs stephano

10k prize should make this count as a major tournament.
well played mkp, you micro'd like a god this whole tournament.

in other news, major quit checksix lololol

Why? I liken this whole PPV tournament as a special event with decent prize money.

Anyways don't we still have the regular MLG season, the ones normally counted as majors, or have they abandoned that for this arena format?

Q8D3vil

Major quit Checksix but only because he got a better offer from a better team, probably Fnatic or TSL.

Plus Checksix is a joke of a team. MaximusBlack and Ailuj? Come on son
they should contract me since i defeated maximumblack lol

hamchan

TvP is hard. Just lost like 3 TvPs in a row because the Protoss kept on getting their deathballs up :(

I think I'm just gonna do 1/1/1 from now on, screw it.

cdyhybrid

Vines' stream is great. He got on 4 bases in a PvT deathball v. deathball situation and built like 25 gates. Hallucinated 10ish Colossi and pushed in, remaxing instantly on Chargelots, warping in 20+ at a time. So sick.

fanboi

Banned
Also, how in hell do you get better in this game really? Diamond --> Master as example in my case.

Do I have to analyze all my replays and find my errors... read up on timings (me as a Z...) which will hit me etc etc

Q8D3vil

Also, how in hell do you get better in this game really? Diamond --> Master as example in my case.

Do I have to analyze all my replays and find my errors... read up on timings (me as a Z...) which will hit me etc etc

good mechanics combined with knowing timings and good game sense.

fanboi

Banned
good mechanics combined with knowing timings and good game sense.

Well yes... but thats like asking: "What is best in life?"

And get:

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women"

Its selexplanatory but in need of more concrete measurments :)

Striek

So uh I finally got some time to ladder post-patch and watch a replay, and it seems like EAPM is higher than normal APM? Bug? They seem reversed.

Fanboi said:
Also, how in hell do you get better in this game really?
Practice. Paying attention in-game.

Spend your money faster. React faster in difficult situations (don't get overwhelmed).

You can really only do these things by playing and trying to play better. You learn "timings" by playing. When you lose mentally note what scouting you had and what happened, then do something different the next time. Reading a list of common timings isn't likely to actually help you recognise signs and react when you're actually playing.

Zzoram

Why? I liken this whole PPV tournament as a special event with decent prize money.

Anyways don't we still have the regular MLG season, the ones normally counted as majors, or have they abandoned that for this arena format?

This MLG event required qualification and was a LAN with a big cash prize. That makes it a major, not a special.

Special events are typically invite directly in, smaller cash prizes, and online.

Q8D3vil

This MLG event required qualification and was a LAN with a big cash prize. That makes it a major, not a special.

Special events are typically invite directly in, smaller cash prizes, and online.

the fact that it had qualification from 3 region and paid the trips makes it a major tournament.

Zzoram

This was MKP's first LAN win too. All the other things he's won have been online. He's had plenty of Silver at LANs.

This proves that he doesn't have a mental block anymore when it comes to playing a LAN finals against a strong opponent.

Trickster

piracy is piracy. sundance should be banned from gaf. no but seriously, its no laughing matter.

going to bed, if i die of food poisoning in the night, it was Nix's fault.

So, MLG using a photo without asking for author if it's okay is bad. But not paying to watch the ppv event, because it's possible to circumvent the "pay" part is okay?

afterall -
if mlg didnt want me to watch they wouldnt be sending me video.

guess if the guy didnt want mlg to use his photo, he shouldn't upload it to the internet by your logic.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So, MLG using a photo without asking for author if it's okay is bad. But not paying to watch the ppv event, because it's possible to circumvent the "pay" part is okay?

afterall -

guess if the guy didnt want mlg to use his photo, he shouldn't upload it to the internet by your logic.
if i was restreaming and /commercialling between every game, you might have something close enough to be comparable, but you dont so i'll just laugh at you.

lol.

Q8D3vil

This was MKP's first LAN win too. All the other things he's won have been online. He's had plenty of Silver at LANs.

This proves that he doesn't have a mental block anymore when it comes to playing a LAN finals against a strong opponent.

he won the IGN ProLeague Season 4/Pacific Qualifiers lan (the one that was sponsored by ipl).
it wasn't that big though, 2000$ for first place.

Top Bottom