• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Zzoram

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
infestors vs infestors, tech to neural parasite, infest his infestors then use his fungal on his own infestors.

cdyhybrid

Question regarding speed first ZvZ: when do I expand and when do I get banes or roaches?

I assume I expand when I can afford it, or do I expand immediately after starting speed? If I see a lot of lings, throw down a bling nest? If I see blings, roaches?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Um, what's she pissy about? If he wanted to leave their team, he's allowed to leave their team isn't he? He decided to just play for fun and stream for a few months, then decided to join a foreign team when they gave him an offer that is likely much better than what he had with SlayerS.

Players should take care of themselves.
Yeah, but it's Boxer and his fiance.
HE BELIEVED IN YOU AT SOME POINT PROBABLY

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Um, what's she pissy about? If he wanted to leave their team, he's allowed to leave their team isn't he? He decided to just play for fun and stream for a few months, then decided to join a foreign team when they gave him an offer that is likely much better than what he had with SlayerS.

Players should take care of themselves.
she's pissy about Dragon lying to her and the rest of the team.
thats what she's pissy about.
note how she wasnt pissy when other players have left slayers for other teams and said so upfront.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Darkforce not scouting Terran pushes.
Good shit yo.

Someone tell me if there are any games and if IdrA left any.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Supernova vs Darkforce was a joke.

So much of a gap in play.

Who else besides Supernova is good and there?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Real basically beat Idra with the Bisu build.

Phoenix + DT to zone out overseers, transition into zealot archon
I'd expect to see a ton more detection abuse as we go on.

I'm really really surprised Terrans aren't doing it yet vs Protoss given viking range and obs hp + banshee DPS and cost effectiveness.
Maybe some late TvP scenarios will switch into it eventually now that some decent P's don't die to MMM 20 minutes into a game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Real basically beat Idra with the Bisu build.

Phoenix + DT to zone out overseers, transition into zealot archon

lol thought it kinda reminded me of something. Funny to see idras like 50 food supply lead just go away as he gives the game. More interested to see that against a good zerg.

fanboi

Banned
note how she wasnt pissy when other players have left slayers for other teams and said so upfront.

But he did leave for a good amount of time and now just joined a team, or am I missing something?

Everyone can have a change of heart.

Zzoram

I'd expect to see a ton more detection abuse as we go on.

I'm really really surprised Terrans aren't doing it yet vs Protoss given viking range and obs hp + banshee DPS and cost effectiveness.
Maybe some late TvP scenarios will switch into it eventually now that some decent P's don't die to MMM 20 minutes into a game.

Terrans tried to do that to me. I cannon up and if I survive long enough to get HT (usually can if I have a few cannons around to compliment my stalkers), I just feedback all the banshees for the 3 seconds I have vision of them with my ~3 observers with my army.

People who do banshee viking in TvP always beeling for your robo so I put my robo deep in the middle of my base and add a cannon if I see a techlab starport.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
But it worked against InControl in practice! I don't understand!

pYPLj.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Terrans tried to do that to me. If I survived long enough to get HT, I just feedback all the banshees for the 3 seconds I have vision of them with my ~3 observers with my army.
You don't clump them with your 1a MMM army?

You dance with vikings over P or even suicide them. 4 cloak banshees can pick off how many HT + other units? Or force them to storm themselves at least 3-4 times?
Extremely worth it.

To be clear this is not some 1 or 2 base all-in, it's a support to mid-late-game MMM/Ghost that helps make another push viable.

Paches

Sad part is this is all just a formality for either MMA or MC (possible SuperNova having an outside shot) winning the whole tournament.

Zzoram

You don't clump them with your 1a MMM army?

You dance with vikings over P or even suicide them. 4 cloak banshees can pick off how many HT + other units? Or force them to storm themselves at least 3-4 times?
Extremely worth it.

To be clear this is not some 1 or 2 base all-in, it's a support to mid-late-game MMM/Ghost that helps make another push viable.

I've only faced it as a 1base all-in that fails and transitions into a 2base continuation.

AmFreak

While that is true i also don't understand her pissynes. Being on a foreign team is probably a difference of night and day. In korea the pressure is much higher due to the competition. In Europe he can stay competitive with esser training. He has just much more value in Europe. So i can understand that he said yes when Millenium aproached him.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
While that is true i also don't understand her pissynes. Being on a foreign team is probably a difference of night and day. In korea the pressure is much higher due to the competition. In Europe he can stay competitive with esser training. He has just much more value in Europe. So i can understand that he said yes when Millenium aproached him.
training for that competitive progaming career he swore he'd never pursue after being caught cheating.

the real question is what does Mill. get out of a player famous for smurfing and beating up on gold leagues. its not like he's known for his ability with terran.

training for that competitive progaming career he swore he'd never pursue after being caught cheating.

the real question is what does Mill. get out of a player famous for smurfing and beating up on gold leagues. its not like he's known for his ability with terran.

Foreign teams care more about marketability and brand name spreading. I don't even need to list players with shit tournament results who are signed to big teams because everyone knows who they are.

AmFreak

I didn't really follow him, but slayers "hired" him and wanted him to stay. So he can't be that bad?

Mairu

Probably something similar to what slayers got considering he was on their team up until January and none of that stuff was really new

I mean if Destiny is still on a pro team I don't see why Dragon can't be either :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Probably something similar to what slayers got considering he was on their team up until January and none of that stuff was really new

I mean if Destiny is still on a pro team I don't see why Dragon can't be either :p
destiny was put on quantic to give the teams name some mindspace.

who had heard of quantic before that?

somehow i dont think stephano's team shares the same problem.

cdyhybrid

Yessssssss

Finally a solid win vs. Terran. He opened mass Banshee (lolwut), and once I got Mutas he tried to drop me everywhere, but I had too many Mutas. Shut that shit down and denied expos with Muta Ling Bane while I got up to 4 and 5 bases and teched to Broods. I need to remember to put down spines at all my expos once I get onto 4 bases and have all those minerals.

And now to watch BW while getting ready for bed.

Striek

I don't know why some zergs no longer drone scout at all. MrBitter was like "feasts build doesn't make sense because Idra can scout the whole thing"....except he didn't. Didn't scout core/gas/nexus timing at all.

I don't know why some zergs no longer drone scout at all. MrBitter was like "feasts build doesn't make sense because Idra can scout the whole thing"....except he didn't. Didn't scout core/gas/nexus timing at all.

He had an overlord there which scouted pretty much everything (although he was lazy and didn't check for the nexus). He didn't see the gas but the early WG research should let him know there is early gas. He got all the information he needed to see that coming. If he hadn't massively overreacted and stopped droning for ages whilst going all in he probably would have won.

Seriously, he's a scumbag for leaving their team? He can give whatever reason he wants and frankly he did just play casually for a while. Maybe he had a change of heart, i don't think it's a very big deal.

Well slayers wanted to keep him so i don't think he can be that bad. He seems to do pretty well in GM and he has qualified for GSL before so he isn't a complete scrub. He's probably better than most foreign terran at the very least (i know that doesn't mean much).

Also just because they have stephano doesn't mean they shouldn't try and bring in more popular players.

hamchan

Christ, the heck is wrong with her. A man isn't allowed to leave a team however he wants? He could have had a change of heart too since Millennium must have given him a good offer. It's not like he was doing much at Slayers anyways besides using the name. His old team should be wishing him well for gaining such a good opportunity. I'll be sad if Boxer also feels the same way as Jessica.

Top Bottom