• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I don't know why some zergs no longer drone scout at all. MrBitter was like "feasts build doesn't make sense because Idra can scout the whole thing"....except he didn't. Didn't scout core/gas/nexus timing at all.
theres no point in drone scouting.

Striek

He had an overlord there which scouted pretty much everything (although he was lazy and didn't check for the nexus). He didn't see the gas but the early WG research should let him know there is early gas. He got all the information he needed to see that coming. If he hadn't massively overreacted and stopped droning for ages whilst going all in he probably would have won.
He uh...never saw the core at all with his overlord. Or else I wouldn't have bothered posting that. He saw a pylon, a gate, a cannon and he wasn't even close enough to see a mineral patch at the natural let alone the Nexus.

Edit: Hell he never even scouted the core with the ling he sent to the front since it started chasing a probe just before it got to Feasts natural.

theres no point in drone scouting.
:rolleyes:

Seems to me like the better zergs do it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
:rolleyes:

Seems to me like the better zergs do it.

lol, whatever. idras overlord was in position before the nexus went down.
idra didnt build early lings and when he eventually got them, he only got one pair, taking a tower and scouting for pylons.
but hurrrrrrrrrrrr drone scouting good durrrrrrrrrrr

waste of time.

Seeing the viewer count for SC2 and LoL makes me sad :p. Nothing against the DOTA genre but i find SC2 a lot more entertaining to watch. It's going to suck if SC2 loses popularity to DOTA games, well for me anyway.

He uh...never saw the core at all with his overlord. Or else I wouldn't have bothered posting that. He saw a pylon, a gate, a cannon and he wasn't even close enough to see a mineral patch at the natural let alone the Nexus.

Edit: Hell he never even scouted the core with the ling he sent to the front since it started chasing a probe just before it got to Feasts natural.

Well that's more a problem with Idras scouting. You can move the overlord freely around the whole natural if you want. Idra just left it sitting in one spot for no reason. The lack of a ling scout is just bad play.

Even with that lack of information he still could have won the game i think.

zargle

Oh god I got accepted into grad school and start next week and I am freaking the fuck out now.

Think happy thoughts. Starcraft and ponies. Starcraft and ponies.

Deadman

lol wtf. From the comments on reddit he's always been like this? I had no idea.

Hopefully this ends his role as part of the sc2 community.

Zzoram

Oh god I got accepted into grad school and start next week and I am freaking the fuck out now.

Think happy thoughts. Starcraft and ponies. Starcraft and ponies.

Why are you freaking out? You're about to enter pure bliss, a life composed of school->SC2->sleep->school->SC2->sleep

Sliver

How is it different for him to type "nigger" while raging than it is for Destiny to say it on his stream? I don't like the guy, but the amount of hate he's getting for it is weird.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
How is it different for him to type "nigger" while raging than it is for Destiny to say it on his stream? I don't like the guy, but the amount of hate he's getting for it is weird.
i've never heard destiny say nigger, so....
he does love his 'faggots' though.

zargle

Its not different. And it shouldn't be received differently either. Both should be taken to task for it.

Paches

I think the difference is Orb represents EG and is a caster that also represents the community. Destiny is a personality that people tune in for. Not to say what either of them said is right (in fact both are terribly wrong), but that is why people are more on Orb's case in my opinion.

To me the most ridiculous thing is that orb raged, regardless of the word choice, over...nothing. He's not a pro player, that match wasn't important...dude just snapped. What a dumbass.

Deadman

floPK.png

:p

Paches

To me the most ridiculous thing is that orb raged, regardless of the word choice, over...nothing. He's not a pro player, that match wasn't important...dude just snapped. What a dumbass.

Those are my favorite people to beat on ladder. The kind who call YOU a terrible player after you destroy them. It makes me happy.

Zzoram

Plenty of people are complaining, or are at least quietly uncomfortable with it. The community needs to grow up and stop using offensive language because they're throwing hissy fits.

Those are my favorite people to beat on ladder. The kind who call YOU a terrible player after you destroy them. It makes me happy.

So Idra?

Yup. Now, if I win with some cheese I can understand the rage. But if I defend their cheese and win? Aw hell naw.

Like a couple nights ago when some dude in ZvZ went fast banes against my 15h. I defended with Roaches then waltzed to his base to win. He called me every name in the book lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wait... why is this so upsetting?

Like Destiny has been like forever and "no" one is complaining.
Destiny is a known personality and plays to an audience. Orb attempts to be a professional caster and is officially with EG. There are different standards. Though, destiny has dialed down his racism after a little while with quantic.

fanboi

Banned
Destiny is a known personality and plays to an audience. Orb attempts to be a professional caster and is officially with EG. There are different standards. Though, destiny has dialed down his racism after a little while with quantic.

He still goes on and one with "faggot" and whatnot.

Destiny seemed less like a racist and more like a more nihilistic "norms don't exist" 15yo asshole who just discovered philosophy. He defended himself on SOTG awhile ago by arguing that because his intent is not one of insult, it's perfectly fine for him to use words like rape, faggot, nigger etc and if anyone is offended it's their fault.

Granted, this happened before he joined Quantic so maybe he has changed - at least in the public arena.

zargle

Love em. Had a terran the other day who immediately warned me not to sixpool. I play protoss, but this did not concern him. After easily killing his cloak banshee rush, I just watched him with my observer for 10 minutes build a terrible MMM army and two base collosused him. He then proceeded to say I sixpooled and called me nasty names and then offered to re as zerg. I declined bc, well, i have better things to do. Ladder points aint gonna spend themselves.

PhoenixDark said:
Granted, this happened before he joined Quantic so maybe he has changed - at least in the public arena.

Maybe theres just less opportunity for such talk in LoL?

Zzoram

One of these doesn't fit. Whats with your obsession over rape.

Its highly inappropriate and equates a violent sexual assault to losing in a video game, belittling the severity of the word. Women in particular are turned off by angry nerds who say rape. Broodwar was a huge success in large part because of it's ability to appeal to female viewers.

Top Bottom