• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Spl1nter

C2Bj7jgy

It starts

perfect timing, just rolling out of bed.

Zzoram

I'm good to go. Woke up early and played a few games on ladder to get hyped. People I played were all friendly in chat and planning to watch MLG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The protoss race can suck a lollipop and everyone who plays protoss (this includes SC2GAF) should honestly reconsider their priorities in life. The statistics I read (about protoss players having average IQ of 85 and having multi-tasking issues) is true after all. Absolutely pathetic.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The protoss race can suck a lollipop and everyone who plays protoss (this includes SC2GAF) should honestly reconsider their priorities in life. The statistics I read (about protoss players having average IQ of 85 and having multi-tasking issues) is true after all. Absolutely pathetic.

iElPMEpzNTiUx.gif

Holden

did you break an other keyboard? So you're blaming protoss? seem legit

:)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahahaha, I was actually gonna continue but I realized that it's pointless. It really is, because Blizzard won't ever fix this piece of shit "game". It's truly is a garbage "game" and no one should be playing this unless you're remotely close to being high GM in KR servers.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im confused, if the game was garbage, why put any weight on standings at all?

and come on yoshi, im going to need practice partners, we cant have an ot thats just me!

scogoth

I'm almost to square one. On one of these newfangled Mississauga buses.

Edit: I'll find some sketch place to hang around till you guys get back

Yoshichan

Panda, I love you and you know that... but be honest to Yoshi for a second here: do you REALLY enjoy this game? Are people ACTUALLY having fun playing this game? Are you like "fuck yeah, I can't wait for tomorrow, I'll play so many games and it'll be fun, fun, fun!" ?

There are few, few, few moments where I feel remotely pleased by SC2 and those are super specific moments. Like, mid-game TvZ, both are frikkin dancing around the map, looking for opportunities to harass and hit the opponent off-guard, those few moments feels like art.

Now ignoring those specific and few moments, I really get nothing out of this game. Only frustration, mostly from the STUPID, STUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID TvP late-game scenario. I'm even starting to dislike the community and that's an incredible feats of strength since I LOVED the SC2 community for a long period of time (not talking about SC2GAF btw).

God, I'm about to hurt something really soon.

Paches

Panda, I love you and you know that... but be honest to Yoshi for a second here: do you REALLY enjoy this game? Are people ACTUALLY having fun playing this game? Are you like "fuck yeah, I can't wait for tomorrow, I'll play so many games and it'll be fun, fun, fun!" ?

There are few, few, few moments where I feel remotely pleased by SC2 and those are super specific moments. Like, mid-game TvZ, both are frikkin dancing around the map, looking for opportunities to harass and hit the opponent off-guard, those few moments feels like art.

Now ignoring those specific and few moments, I really get nothing out of this game. Only frustration, mostly from the STUPID, STUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID TvP late-game scenario. I'm even starting to dislike the community and that's an incredible feats of strength since I LOVED the SC2 community for a long period of time (not talking about SC2GAF btw).

Sounds like you are just bad at the game

trollface.jpg

scogoth

Yes. I enjoy it. Be more casual and troll the lower leagues.

Yoshichan

Yes. I enjoy it. Be more casual and troll the lower leagues.
"Be more casual"

No, why would I spend my time and waste it like that. If I have free time over, I wouldn't wanna use it on something as irrelevant as SC2.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
"Be more casual"

No, why would I spend my time and waste it like that. If I have free time over, I wouldn't wanna use it on something as irrelevant as SC2.

Protip, majority of stuff everyone does in their life is irrelevant. Just do what you want. If you dont enjoy SC2 then dont play it.

Yoshichan

Just do what you want. If you dont enjoy SC2 then dont play it.
I just WISH this was possible, I really really do. But it's technically impossible for me to just "stop playing" the game.

edit: this reminds me of when I played fighting competitively. I really started disliking TTT but had to play it anyway because of friends.

Holden

im confused, if the game was garbage, why put any weight on standings at all?

and come on yoshi, im going to need practice partners, we cant have an ot thats just me!

dont worry i'll be here for a while, i wanna play, i just changed like most of my hotkeys so might play bad the few first games :/

But i suppose you cant play untill tomorow cause of mlg :)

Yoshichan

Deadman, you're a funny guy!

profit

What do you mostly play in WoW Yoshi? Pve? Pvp? And why do you keep enjoying that game? I'm genuinly interested, cause I like Wow, if I play it in bits, I cannot play that game for a longer period of time sadly enough. Cause if you talk about SC2 wasting your time if you play it casually, I wonder how come you enjoy WoW so much cause that is by itself a huge time waster.

Edit: you should give me you battle.net info Yoshi so I can add you.

Yoshichan

I play WoW because it takes 6 hours of my week. I raid 3 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Wednesday. If I spend any more hours on the game, than I'm in Orgrimmar chatting with awesome people. I haven't PvPd since TBC because it Wrath ruined it.

I look forward to MoP a lot because it's new content and I love WoW music, art work and the feeling of exploring new dungeons/raids with my friends is top quality.

There you go, that's why I love WoW. Now don't get me wrong, there ARE parts where I rage a lot in WoW but it's perfectly fine. If I rage then we're most likely progressing through new bosses and as a vanilla raid-player, wiping is not a bad thing as long as people are not complaining about it.

Yoshichan

Cause it's a game. Games are for fun, of you don't have fun go do something else.
Please stop saying this. We don't live in the 90s anymore. I play my online games so that I can become a better player than my opponents. The whole "if you don't have fun doing it then quit"-reason is singleplayer-exclusive material for me.

scogoth

Please stop saying this. We don't live in the 90s anymore. I play my online games so that I can become a better player than my opponents. The whole "if you don't have fun doing it then quit"-reason is singleplayer-exclusive material for me.

The go do mma if you're so competitive.

Yoshichan

How do you sleep knowing that so many people are better at tribes than you?
I sleep perfectly fine because I don't give a shit about Tribes. I'm even glad that V Arnold could beat the living crap out of me at Go, that's his thing. I'm even glad knowing that 95% of the world can beat me at SC2! An example of what's making me kill myself at nights is knowing that there are so many BAD players that can still win something they shouldn't be winning because the game is designed poorly. In this case, TvP late-game which is flawed unless you're super fucking amazing at playing terran.

Yoshichan

I really can't wait for MKP vs Parting (starting up now). See you in the MLG thread, I expect all of you to be there.

sixghost

Has the free stream gotten considerably worse in quality? I can't even read the player names.

It used to be pretty good too. I guess they really want to push people toward the premium streams.

Yoshichan

No, you can change it to "mid"

Yoshichan

Played amazing yesterday, plays ridiculously good today. This is really making my day!

Yoshichan

Let's make a deal. Everytime you're having a bad day, we just post a picture, gif or VoD of MKP so you feel insta better ;)
Sounds like an excellent idea :3
Please don't let Corran post these gifs... his gifs only makes me sad :(

Top Bottom