• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gsl maps imo

go zerg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ibwNnXI8yhNAEr.gif
- Lee Ji-hoon (KT Coach) 'We should be using the English version of SC2 as (current BW) fans are more familiar with the English names of units'
SMART MAN
- Ji-hoon 'During his (Flash's) rehabilitation, he got to Masters (in SC2) without even knowing what the new units did'
Doped on drugs in a hospital after sugery, 1 arm, still gets into korean masters. Probably took him like 3 days.
2) some coaches agree that SC2 seemed boring in comparison to BW.So when they have to force the players to play this game later on, they feel like players wouldn't be doing it for fun anymore = it actually will be forcing it.

7) Some coaches don't want the switch = but they feel it's inevitable due to sponsor problems and such

8) Team8 Coach wants SC1 to exist as a "Living Legend", but they feel that when the SC2 switch occurs, then it will lead to people saying later on in life, "why the hell did we play this shitty old game SC1 for so long". This is because SC1 only really existed in Korea and nowhere else. He doesn't want SC1 to be just thrown away after leaving such a mark in the community, and wants some form of existence for SC1.

11) The coaches REALLY WANTED to approach the foreign scene apparently. Like no other. But because of the strong idea that 'BW is ours and proleague is ours', the coaches couldn't approach the foreign scene. They see that the foreign community is there with the comments, team liquid, and youtube videos, but they just couldn't do anything about it. (tone of regret does exist here) They were happy that the previosu finals was done globally, but still sad that it's so late.

13) SKT VS TEAM8 SC2 HAPPENED TROLOLOLOL. Every player was like: wtf is this new hotkey shit? and then when it came down to it, Team8 whopped ass against SKT 4:2. TROLOLOL. One good thing was that because SC2 battles are so much faster, the player's mechanics increased because they needed faster reactions. I KNEW IT
Really, this is just paving the way for SCII:BW. It has to come. It's more spectator friendly and the unit dynamics and maps and history and players are all there.
Not surprising in the slightest.
I've seen stephano go from placements to gm using only zerglings, so it's not that surprising that flash could get to masters without knowing what the units do.

Of course flash is no stephano, but Marines are better than lings.
You want to fite?
Maps will be the GSL map pool. When will be determined after the bracket is made and I figure out what type of system will be used, whether it be single, double elimination or something else.

Typically you figure out how much time you need before you say when it will be.

If you want on the list, let me know. Going to create the final bracket tomorrow, so try to let me know before then.
Rig the bracket so it's good at least. Do we have a time frame?

Spl1nter

Really, this is just paving the way for SC:BW. It has to come. It's more spectator friendly and the unit dynamics and maps and history and players are all there.

No its not. No one wants to burn their eyes looking at the garbled mess of bw. BW is not more spectator friendly because it is old and not player friendly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This makes more sense, but it won't happen. Blizzard is set in their vision of going through with these ridiculous "expansions".
Why not?

Fuck that shit lets get TotalBiscuit and Husky to do a charity cast tournament of SCII:BW, Artosis and Day[9] to explain everything, then some VC angel's to pay the top Koreans to play.

Why not?

Fuck that shit lets get TotalBiscuit and Husky to do a charity cast tournament of SCII:BW, Artosis and Day[9] to explain everything, then some VC angel's to pay the top Koreans to play.

There's what Spl1nter said, but there's also the business side of it. They won't walk away from their current model because as of right now they've infested so heavily in it they can't just turn tail to SC2:BW. Not only does it show they have no faith in their own business model, but it also risks tarring their brand.

Team8 Coach wants SC1 to exist as a "Living Legend", but they feel that when the SC2 switch occurs, then it will lead to people saying later on in life, "why the hell did we play this shitty old game SC1 for so long". This is because SC1 only really existed in Korea and nowhere else. He doesn't want SC1 to be just thrown away after leaving such a mark in the community, and wants some form of existence for SC1.

This is a very important component to why it would be an absolutely terrible idea to make SC2:BW. If Blizzard failed to re-create the same gameplay mechanics and feel, which they would, they would be tarring the franchise name of a game that still boasts an active eSports scene despite having come out almost 14 years ago.

Attaching BW to SC2 would come with some lofty expectations and I really don't have faith in Blizzard to meet them.

Spl1nter, did mumble just die or did you kick me?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What do you mean make SC2:BW?
It's already a working custom that just needs some polish.

What business model? What brand? Who are you talking about?

Tntnnbltn

This is a very important component to why it would be an absolutely terrible idea to make SC2:BW. If Blizzard failed to re-create the same gameplay mechanics and feel, which they would, they would be tarring the franchise name of a game that still boasts an active eSports scene despite having come out almost 14 years ago.

Attaching BW to SC2 would come with some lofty expectations and I really don't have faith in Blizzard to meet them.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
holden makes fun of spl1nter for being plat
losses 0:2 to spl1nter
leaves mumble
leaves neogaf channel
sets busy
queues ladder game

lol.

What do you mean make SC2:BW?
It's already a working custom that just needs some polish.

What business model? What brand? Who are you talking about?

The current business model of releasing 3 separate games. The brand of BW vs. SC2, which are seen as being different right now, as seen in the thread linked by Tntnnbltn.

It's not going to happen, regardless of if someone else has done most of the legwork already.

Holden

what

splinter is the one is shit talking me all the time, i don't want to play a game where im training my worst match up by somebody just shit talking on me

edit: so were you shit talking on me to panda

and i said i knew i was going to lose, cause i cant beat a gold terran

what

splinter is the one is shit talking me all the time, i don't want to play a game where im training my worst match up by somebody just shit talking on me

edit: so were you shit talking on me to panda

and i said i knew i was going to lose, cause i cant beat a gold terran

You need to relax. The first person I played coming back to SC2 was Spl1nter and he did the same thing. It's his persona, just like Yoshi's is being creepy and Haz's is being dry/sarcastic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

Greg Fields ‏ @idrajit
This game is dumb as shit. Poor
drg.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haven't played in so long lol. Might actually lose D:

Edit: wtf why did you change it?

Yoshichan

Pancakes vs Tashi is the most interesting match

xmShake

Neo Member
Maps will be the GSL map pool. When will be determined after the bracket is made and I figure out what type of system will be used, whether it be single, double elimination or something else.

Typically you figure out how much time you need before you say when it will be.

On that note...

If you want on the list, let me know. Going to create the final bracket tomorrow, so try to let me know before then.

Can i still get in on this.

Top Bottom