• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Tntnnbltn

Groups for second round of DreamHack released...

GROUP A
Glorfindel
Luddazz
ThorZain
Naugrim

GROUP B
Cytoplasm
Tailss
Polt
safarizerG

GROUP C
Elfi
Bischu
Xylia
Morrow

GROUP D
Roll
williamw8
Mekar
Seiplo

GROUP E
Vipro
Delphi
Sihoe
TITAN

GROUP F
NevaKee
Protosser
Monster
WonnaPlay

GROUP G
Denkan
robih
HyuN
NaNiwa

GROUP H
Patjuh
Merz
Forsen
SLIVKO

GROUP I
vonankan
SaSe
virgol
Nerchio

GROUP J
SjoW
Najzmajs
Eeel
Turuk

GROUP K
TLO
Mana
MoSiE
Snute

GROUP L
ProxyPanda
jimpo
BullzZ
LiveZerg

GROUP M
Genius
Sofie
Puma
PizzaPieBob

GROUP N
traveller
Socke
Fury
Naama

GROUP O
Satiini
MaddeLisk
SortOf
Ret

GROUP P
StjarNan
Cloud
Mǂlalush
RuNa

Out of all that, there's only maybe 3 matches I'd be interested in watching (Naniwa vs Hyun, SaSe vs Nerchio, Puma vs Genius)

I honestly like the idea of a tournament heavily putting the spotlight on the region's talent instead of inviting the same Koreans to win everything.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I honestly like the idea of a tournament heavily putting the spotlight on the region's talent instead of inviting the same Koreans to win everything.

I have to disagree, I enjoy watching Koreans play because I want to see the highest level of play possible.

I have to disagree, I enjoy watching Koreans play because I want to see the highest level of play possible.

There are so many tournaments that do that, though. I'd like to see more that heavily focus on whatever region they're being held in. Sure, I do feel Koreans should participate, but I see no point in spending a bunch of money to fly in more than a dozen Koreans. 4-5 seems enough to me for many tournaments.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
pretty much.
so boxer is an exception to your rule ? :p

Low blow man, low blow.

(I like Boxer the most because he does crazy builds, plays for the fans, and is an all around good guy)

:p

There are so many tournaments that do that, though. I'd like to see more that heavily focus on whatever region they're being held in. Sure, I do feel Koreans should participate, but I see no point in spending a bunch of money to fly in more than a dozen Koreans. 4-5 seems enough to me for many tournaments.

I don't think they flew in anyone this time, it's an open, so everybody came in on their(or their sponsor's) dime.

zlatko

Banned
So is D3 legit?

I went to play only 20 mins last night to be in bed by 10PM. Next thing I knew it was 1AM and I had completed it all as a Monk.

My reaction:

bonergif.gif

Q8D3vil

i played it, saw the graphics and said my goodbyes.
its not like i didn't see it coming when they announced the console version.

Yup, MLG and some other tournaments. A bunch of Koreans should not be flown to every tournament to win. I'd rather have the old MLG model of inviting one for each group, and maybe put one in the open pool; that would mean about 5-6.

MLG doesn't invite koreans, they invite top 8 from their last event, which is always %90 korean.

zlatko

Banned
i played it, saw the graphics and said my goodbyes.
its not like i didn't see it coming when they announced the console version.

wait.wut?

I ran it on high and it looked fantastic art style wise. Super atmospheric in its design, and the usual brand of Blizzard flavor that the game looks appealing but is by no means going to push PC hardware specs.

Played fantastic, albeit easy due to it only being a tutorial section for the game. Had my headphones on though, and god I'm in love with the game music and sound.

You should at least play through it with a class to level 10 and kill the skeleton king.

Mairu

wait.wut?

I ran it on high and it looked fantastic art style wise. Super atmospheric in its design, and the usual brand of Blizzard flavor that the game looks appealing but is by no means going to push PC hardware specs.

Played fantastic, albeit easy due to it only being a tutorial section for the game. Had my headphones on though, and god I'm in love with the game music and sound.

You should at least play through it with a class to level 10 and kill the skeleton king.

He's probably one of those "too many bright colors" kind of guys

fanboi

Banned
Ok... awkvard time with incontrol when he is talking about the EU ladder and that alot off people say that they have fucked his mother... and he is thinking that people on the EU ladder is great MILF hunters...

Ok... awkvard time with incontrol when he is talking about the EU ladder and that alot off people say that they have fucked his mother... and he is thinking that people on the EU ladder is great MILF hunters...

Yeah. Lol Apollo had no idea what to do with that.

Puma/Genius was a great series.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"KT Coach Lee: Flash didn’t play SC2 for a long time. All the experience he has with SC2 comes from a short period of time while he was in rehabilitation. He didn’t even know what the units do or were good at, but he managed to reach masters with ease. I am one of the many that are curious to see how well he will do in SC2."

Q8D3vil

wait.wut?

art style is cool but the graphics are super bad.
there is some kind of filter that is actually sucking all the colors in the game, i don't know if you can notice it or not.
i expected the game to have much brighter colors, i'll wait for the retail and see if blizzard adds more options.

art style is cool but the graphics are super bad.
there is some kind of filter that is actually sucking all the colors in the game, i don't know if you can notice it or not.
i expected the game to have much brighter colors, i'll wait for the retail and see if blizzard adds more options.
Don't hold your breath. Everyone complained it was too colorful and they've already said they're not changing a thing.

Chris R

Won two games tonight so far, first of 2012. Feels good man. Still something like 2-15, but any win is a good win.

So far the switch to Z hasn't been too bad, liking the race a bunch more than P. Wondering if I should just go T though, since I'd be a solid Silver T vs just being lucky and placing into Silver as Z :|

edit: Cool, come here to brag and get rolled my next 5 games :( I think I was placed too high because even with my shit record I'm constantly placed against favored opponents :|

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I find the beta great fun.

I've put around 15 hours into it this weekend :D That's more than I've put into almost any other game this year

Keikaku

I find the beta great fun.

I've put around 15 hours into it this weekend :D That's more than I've put into almost any other game this year
Me too.

I've been in the beta for about a month. I stopped myself cold after about 3 hours or I would have had a seriously hard time with school. Looking forward to next weekend when school will be over.

We have a thread for the 8-man PPV but no thread for DH? Ah well, guess it's just the shrinking of sc2gaf

Group stage #3 starts in 2 minutes. Naniwa & Sase have some pretty damn tough groups

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_DreamHack_Open/Stockholm
http://www.twitch.tv/team/dreamhack

The MLG thread was really unnecessary imo.

SC2gaf is not as big as it were in 2010/early 2011, so to make a whole thread for an 8 man tournament behind a pay wall wasn't a smart idea (and it shows since it barely cracked a 2nd page after 2 whole days of play)

Top Bottom