• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Snowman

If you were "just joking" that's fair enough and I'm sorry I got a bit annoyed, I just think speculating that if someone says something nice about something on twitter, they must be getting paid is an almost depressing level of cynicism.

If you were "just joking" that's fair enough and I'm sorry I got a bit annoyed, I just think speculating that if someone says something nice about something on twitter, they must be getting paid is an almost depressing level of cynicism.

but he WAS paid to promote KoA when it launched (had a whole front page in twitch and everything), so to assume he was paid (or just been requested) to say what he said on twitter is not that far out of reach.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Just fyi he did stream their game for like a long time and handed out prizes that came from 38 studios. So the seed is already there.

Snowman

but he WAS paid to promote KoA when it launched (had a whole front page in twitch and everything), so to assume he was paid (or just been requested) to say what he said on twitter is not that far out of reach.

Was he paid?

I mean, he said he wasn't and that the devs contacted him after it was planned and offered up prizes and stuff, he even said he wasn't getting paid by them for it at one point, and i've never seen any evidence to the contrary.. I can kind of understand the speculation about that I guess (some people are cynical) but a tweet? Come on.

Sliver

Was he paid?

I mean, he said he wasn't and that the devs contacted him after it was planned and offered up prizes and stuff, he even said he wasn't getting paid by them for it at one point, and i've never seen any evidence to the contrary.. I can kind of understand the speculation about that I guess (some people are cynical) but a tweet? Come on.

All people who streamed Kingdom's of Amaluar got a bonus on the ads they ran, or something to that extent. So yes, he did get paid to stream the game.

edit: OF COURSE he was paid. How the hell else could he get Felicia Day to come over, and talk to the devs about it? Come on.

Corran Horn

All people who streamed Kingdom's of Amaluar got a bonus on the ads they ran, or something to that extent. So yes, he did get paid to stream the game.

edit: OF COURSE he was paid. How the hell else could he get Felicia Day to come over, and talk to the devs about it? Come on.

I need to see his tax return as proof.

Snowman

Where did you hear that? Legitimately curious.

He had plans to do it all before he had any contact with the devs, and is it really that crazy that some devs would see this as good advertising and agree to have interviews and give prizes?

Where did you hear that? Legitimately curious.

Common sense ?

Were talking about Kingdom's of Amaluar here not D3 or some sort of a household, groundbreaking game from a veteran studio like Valve or Blizzard.

Why would he spontaneously decide to stream that game on launch day (and be featured with special game promoting banners on twitch's front page) while having Felicia Day ? because EA/38 paid for it.

Zzoram

I wouldn't call not being able to watch GSL open seasons level of play "missing out"

It'll be above open season level of play because we won't have those shitty tiny maps anymore and modern build orders are plainly available for KeSPA players to study.

It'll look like modern mid-tier foreigner pro play.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Are there English casters for proleague? I'll probably stay up late to watch the first few nights to see how it compares to GomTV with regards to skill/production/ect
If I didn't get so engrossed in watching I would totally cast for you guys.

I think this is a big issue for people who stream like spooky.

Snowman

Common sense ?

Were talking about Kingdom's of Amaluar here not D3 or some sort of a household, groundbreaking game from a veteran studio like Valve or Blizzard.

Why would he spontaneously decide to stream that game on launch day (and be featured with special game promoting banners on twitch's front page) while having Felicia Day ? because EA/38 paid for it.

He did the same sort of thing for amnesia, did they pay him too?

I was definitely confused trying to figure out who and how Day[9] got a $75 million loan. Then I realized you were talking about 38 Studios and their Rhode Island deal. I heard RI may be in the hole $200 million if they go under.

Sliver

He did Amnesia because his followers begged and begged him for months. He snapped when it was on sale for like a dollar, and all he did was play 2 hours a certain day of the week. Not even close to the same.

He did the same sort of thing for amnesia, did they pay him too?

Yeah, I forgot he had the voice actors for amnesia sitting beside him and narrating the playthrough to the stream while having banners and promotional material for the game that looked like it came out of a publisher's PR/Marketing department blasted all over his channel.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
True, but it's still an example of day9 deciding to stream himself playing a game just because, he got some people to join in with him that time, and the devs caught on and were supportive, doesn't mean he got paid.

im starting to wonder if day9's paying you.

Corran Horn

Haha :p I don't know why we're still talking about this anyways, I thought corran was just joking

To every joke there is truth.

i-want-to-believe.jpg

Corran Horn

Just got my razer mousepad to go with my new razer mouse.

How the fuck do people like the feel of mousepads....ughhhhhhh lol

Snowman

Deathadder. Was like 40 dollars. First time ive used a 'gaming' mouse lulz.

Awesome, I got the same one a while back, was my first 'gaming' mouse too :p
Not sure how much difference it makes or whether it's worth it really, still, feels a lot nicer than the crappy one I used before.

PhoenixDark #1411

I've mainly been playing with folks on another forum, GAF is too big to just give out the info imo. But I'm down to hang with SC2 GAF in game

Snowman

Huk vs Heart now, as a massive HuK fanboy, I really hope he can win it this time :D

Was so painful watching him lose to those 111s last time.

calder

Huk's greatest talent is showy, micro-intensive early/mid game harrassments that seem so effective you barely notice how his opponents macro is actually ahead so the inevitable unstoppable counter attack is still somehow surprising.

Snowman

Huk's greatest talent is showy, micro-intensive early/mid game harrassments that seem so effective you barely notice how his opponents macro is actually ahead so the inevitable unstoppable counter attack is still somehow surprising.

True dat, although that game his macro really did drop off and was worse than usual, it seems like he really got thrown off at some point, he was up to 1000 minerals and was supply blocked :/ and then he misclicked and got his stalkers killed.. I dunno what happened but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Snowman

Can tell grubby hasn't played much since the new patch, he just tried the minigun cannon vs violet and it didn't work as well as he thought it would haha.

Also, TB and JP seem way better than usual today, but maybe that's just me.

Corran Horn

Can tell grubby hasn't played much since the new patch, he just tried the minigun cannon vs violet and it didn't work as well as he thought it would haha.

Also, TB and JP seem way better than usual today, but maybe that's just me.

Queens kinda good ;;

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Does anyone know when the BW players mini-tournament thing is happening? And whether or not it will be free to watch.

calder

UNBELIEVABLE win by Polt in game 3. Just crazy, that game was on a knives edge for like 5 straight minutes.

I kept thinking DRG needed to use the corrupters to ignore the 2 vikings and start killing medivacs, but so damn close the whole way. Polt did win the game with the huge max vs max fight in the centre of the map, brilliant tactical win.

Top Bottom